Status: In Progress :)

Cheaters = Losers

I'd Rather Go To Your Funeral

The next week flew by, we spent another day exploring the New Forest before heading back to London to do some sightseeing, which with Billie was like babysitting a five-year-old. He'd visited England when he was touring with Green Day, but had never been given time to get out into the city and explore. The guy was hilarious, staring around the pace with wide eyes as I led him to all of my favourite spots and monuments, basically bouncing as he got to be "A right proper Londoner," I had to hold my head in my hands with laughter.
"Billie?"
"Yeah?"
"Never try to be English again," he giggled, like actually giggled and ran ahead to the fountains at Trafalgar Square. I was never quite sure, however, if Billie enjoyed the sightseeing or the hotel room more.

Time in those two weeks slipped by with alarming speed, and before I knew it I was back in my bedroom, snuggled into Billie's arms as he scowled at the T.V. After he scoffed for the thousandth time I turned around. Billie's eyes were fixated on the screen, the images flickering and reflecting across his beautiful green eyes, his eyebrows were furrowed together, his lips scrunched up slightly and his full bow lips were pulled into a small pout, twitching occasionally as if he was constantly torn between keeping his silence and making a comment.
"Beej?" He cast his eyes down to me, he had been sat leaning against my headboard whilst I had been laid down, my head resting just above his lap where he had been absently running his fingers through my hair. Billie's expression changed from one of confusion to one of disgust. The look stung a little bit. "What?" I asked him timidly.
"You actually watch this garbage?" He scowled. I cast my eyes over to the screen where two Frenchmen were stood atop their castle, taunting the English knights by slapping their hands on their helmets and blowing raspberries.
"Hey! This is iconic!" I retorted playfully. Billie's rich laugh echoed around the room for a few seconds.
"This is shit,"
"Insult Monty Python once more and you can sleep in the guest room, where you're supposed to be," Billie smirked at me.
"Sorry," he grinned, telling me he was absolutely not sorry at all. After another half an hour of aimless bickering, stolen kisses and Billie slagging off British TV, we eventually settled down to sleep.

I woke up in the pitch black, drenched in sweat and feeling nauseous. I wracked my brains for any memory of the nightmare that had woken me, only to come up short, however the image that swam to the front of my brain was enough to twist my stomach into knots. I'd managed to subconsciously stress myself out about the reunion the next day so much so that I'd woken myself up, by squinting at the faintly glowing green numbers of my alarm clock I realised it was 3am. I took a shuddering breath and rolled over, digging myself into the small nest I had created, burying my face into the crook of Billie's arm, heaving a calming breath as his scent washed through my system. Billie smelt fantastic, he had that typical guy smell, his cologne faintly clinging to him as well as something slightly musty in a good way, that could only be described as the lingering smell of a concert (which I guess is really just a combination of sweat and smoking electricity but either way it was perfect on Billie) and of course the soft smell of linen from his shirts, he used the really amazing fabric conditioner and the smell of fresh laundry was always on him and his hair always had the faint drift of a sweet-smelling product. At once I felt myself begin to settle and before long I was drifting back into slumber.

At 4:38am I had the same issue, and at 5:42 and at 6:18, by which point I was so panicked for the fucking reunion that not even Billie's presence could calm me down, and I hadn't woken him because when he slept he looked so damn perfect and peaceful that I couldn't bring myself to do it. As 6:30 rolled around and my heart rate was only increasing about the day to come, I physically couldn't get my eyes to close and it felt as if my blood was racing. I switched my TV on and found Comedy Central where Friends reruns were on, but not even the familiar sound of Joey and Chandler bickering could settle me. Before I'd even watched one episode I'd made up my mind of what I needed, and just like in my high school/university days I felt the familiar beckoning from my wardrobe.

I crept out of bed, determined not to wake Billie as I scraped my hair into a tiny ponytail, pulling on my leggings, sports bra and tank top as well as my trainers. Just like I used to for maximum silence, I hopped onto the metal banister of the stairs and slid down, landing lightly at the bottom and effectively avoiding creaking stairs. Once outside I set off my favourite playlist, which unsurprisingly was mainly Green Day and after stretching began my run.

I may not have done morning running for over a year, but I think some things never leave you, and for me running was one of them. Immediately the streets were so familiar it was as if I hadn't been living on the other side of the planet, the cold sting of morning air and the settling fog were welcoming to my tired state, fully awakening me and the pounding beat in my ears caught up with the adrenaline pulsing through my system, forcing a smile onto my face. I never felt as good as I did when I ran, I felt awake, I felt refreshed, I felt fit, I felt good and most of all I felt alive. The only other time I had felt this good, right where I belonged, was when I was in the middle of the pit, gazing up at Billie and the guys playing their hearts out.

When I slowed to a walk at the top of my road, I realised I had been out for over an hour and a half and despite the fact that my chest was heaving so hard it was almost spasming and I was physically dripping in sweat, I felt goddamn fantastic. I walked back into the house to see my mother pottering about.
"Oh, good morning dear," she said, looking mildly shocked.
"Morning," I panted back, still fighting for my breath. So maybe I wasn't as fit as I used to be. Sue me.
"I didn't know you still ran?" Mum said, looking faintly curious.
"I haven't for ages. Just needed a stress buster," I forced the words out.
"Oh!" Mum looked at me weirdly, her head cocked slightly to the side. "What are you worried about? The reunion? Oh Lilium, come on! You'll be fine!"
"Mum," I groaned. This conversation was difficult enough as it was, without having to add on the fact that I was drenched in sweat and extremely out of breath. "These people were my friends. I've not talked to some of them for years, I have ex-boyfriends there that will hate Billie, I have to see Edmund!"
"You're taking William?" Her voice turned cold. I suppressed a sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose.
"He's called Billie, just Billie. And of course he's coming,"
"Lily, look, it's not as if I don't like him, he's perfectly charming and you always did like that ridiculous music that he makes, but is he really the type you want to take to St Thomas'?" I scowled at her condescending tone of my boyfriend.
"Yes," I snapped. "I'm going for a shower," I sighed irritably and stormed up to the bathroom. I knew mum wasn't keen on Billie because he wasn't an upper class Englishman, and I knew she was already being amazing by letting him stay with us, but I was still pissed that she was ashamed of me, of him. She didn't want him going to my school. And there was no way she was doing that to ''protect me''.

In my little strop I collided with another body at the top of the stairs. Assuming it was my sister, as she was permanently in the way as proper little sisters should be, I made an angry noise in the back of my throat.
"Chris, get out of the way!"
"Woah," a very American accent responded and on tilting my head slightly upwards I noticed that it wasn't Chris, but a very confused Billie. Billie had hold of my arms, and as he took a step back his expression changed in a second. His eyes immediately dilated so there was only a thin ribbon of green around deep black pools, he swallowed thickly as his eyes roamed my body, the confused look dropped and was replaced with one that I couldn't recognise.
"What?" I snapped, not in the mood for anything. Billie swallowed again and shifted.
"I didn't know you run," he said, his voice restricted as he swallowed again.
"Old habit. Why are you staring at me?" Billie's boyish smile crept back over his features.
"Only because you look so hot right now," he almost purred.
"I'm sweaty and gross and going for a shower you weirdo," I rolled my eyes and went to walk past him, until he stopped me. "What!?" Billie's lips were teasing the flesh around my ear.
"You're so cute when you're angry,"
"Not in the mood and not angry,"
"I love you,"
"Very nice, Billie. Now let me go, I have to be ready in an hour,"
"Do you have to?" I could feel the smirk in his voice as he paused from where he was purposefully making a mark at the base of my neck.
"Yes,"
"We could stay here," I sighed at my horny excuse for a boyfriend, but nonetheless a smile was returning to my face.
"As much as I'd love to, I really have to go to this. It's why we're here after all," I sighed, wriggling free from Billie's grasp and skipping into the bathroom before he could follow me.

Once I'd locked the door I gripped the sink to steady myself and stared in the mirror, partly because I was feeling the burn in my legs from the run and partly because the tightening metal bands of anxiety were beginning to creep around my chest. I peeled off my sweaty clothes and jumped in the shower, quickly scrubbing down before hopping out. I ignored Billie as I grabbed the clothes closest to me and changed. It wasn't that I was pissed off at him, but I knew that if I responded to Billie we would never get anything done.

Once I was dressed in grey skinny jeans and a floaty purple top with decorative stitching around the front. I pulled my denim jacket over the top because I was still me after all and a pair of silver heels. Billie watched with an eyebrow cocked,
"What?"
"You can pull off classy young woman so well," he grinned. Billie was not dressed like a classy young man at all, not that I minded in the slightest. He was wearing tight black skinny jeans, with a black t-shirt, a open grey shirt thrown over the top and a leather jacket over the top of that with his black loafers that gave him another few inches in the height department.

"Right, let's get moving," I said, heading out towards the hall.
"Wait!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me into him, snapping a few photos on his phone and stealing a kiss, before dragging me out of the door and onto the streets.
"What the hell was that about?" I asked, chuckling into Billie's arm as we slowed to a walk.
"We look cute together today," he shrugged. Being uncoordinated and awkward, there was no chance I would be able to lean up and kiss his cheek, and we didn't have time to stop for anymore snogging sessions, so I just ran my hand down his arm, tangling our fingers together in a silent gesture.

Ten minutes or so later and I was turning into the driveway of the school. The walk was so familiar that even though my mind was completely absorbed and controlled by Billie, my feet easily found their place. As we neared the school gates I could almost hear my heart beat, it was thudding so fast and loud and I had to disconnect my hand from Billie's to wipe my sweaty palms, before clenching them into fists so that the shaking wasn't as obvious. As we neared the gates I felt Billie stop beside me, I turned around questioningly at the confused man stood behind me.
"What?"
"Holy fuck," he muttered under his breath.
"What? Billie, are you okay?" I asked as he shook his head, eyes widened in what must only be disbelief.
"You didn't tell me you went to fucking Hogwarts," I stared at him as he caught up to me and we continued to walk.
"I didn't, oh," I stopped my sentence.

I'd forgotten how grand the building of St Thomas' Academy was. Sprawled out across manicured lawns was a great Elizabethan building, fully carved with elegant architecture. The reception was resembling a castle, with pillars, huge oak doors and various turrets. If you walked through to the school it didn't look dissimilar to the Houses of Parliament, and there was even a cathedral-like church on site, as well as the dorms for non-local students.
"I guess it is kinda big," I shrugged.

Those were the last words I spoke to Billie for a while, because the second I'd walked through the oak doors into the reception there was an eruption of noise and I was swept up into the arms of my old classmates. I had just began to greet my old best friend, Heather, when a booming voice echoed.
"Lilium!" Edmund Fitzgerald-Johnson was marching across the hall to see me, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, steeling myself for the upcoming situation. My breath caught in my throat a little bit, Edmund had matured well since I last saw him as an 18 year old. He looked the same, sandy brown hair swept in that perfect way to the side, bright blue eyes shining, his face was still chiselled, with every bone defined and now there was a small scruff on his face, which suited him fantastically, he was tanned and toned and fit his 6'1 frame. He was wearing a striped Jack Wills shirt, with long shorts and navy vans to match his shirt. Thomas did the rich sailor boy look breathtakingly well. Before I could function, he had picked me up with ease and was grasping me tightly, before leaning to set me down. He still smelt of expensive aftershave.
"Lily it's so good to see you!" He gushed. "You look great! A little tanned, where have you been? It looks like you've had a great summer. And how did you get on after university? Hattie said you just fell right off the radar! Oh it's so great to see you again, I've really missed you, you know,"
"Um, I've not been on holiday," I managed "I moved to America, I've been living in California for over a year now," Edmund's face fell.
"California? Why didn't you tell me? Well at least you're back now, anyway, I've been thinking, how did you feel about rekindling that old flame?" He nudged my arm and winked at me. I felt my stomach drop, Edmund and I had dated for a two years back in school, and while I had been serious, we'd broken up because he was really starting to get on my nerves. I should have known that self-righteous Edmund would have had to mention it.
"Jeez, Eddie. I've seen you for like five seconds," I said softly, trying not to engage.
"So? Lily come on, we had something special,"
"Care to introduce us?" Billie had stepped back to my side and was stood closely by me, scowling up at Edmund, who towered above Billie and was looking at Billie with disgust, clearly judging everything about him from the skin tight jeans to the eyeliner that he has insisted on wearing today.
"Oh, right um, Billie this is Edmund, he's my friend from high school, Edmund this is Billie, I'm living with him in Cali," I said, putting stress on the fact that I lived with Billie, hoping he'd get the message.
"Just friends," Billie muttered but took Edmund's outstretched hand with a grimace.
"Billie? Is that short for William? It's a nice name, good to meet you, I hope you've been taking care of your roommate?" Edmund's obnoxious laugh boomed around the room.
"It's Billie Joe," the little shit drawled, really thickening the accent around his name. "And I've taken excellent care of my roomie he," he smirked, squeezing me into his side for a second. Apparently the reference went straight over Edmund's head. Sensing the palpable tension between the two guys, I decided to step in.
"Right, I'm off to find Hattie," I said and stalked off, Billie immediately following.

"Old flame?" he hissed in my ear. "You didn't tell me you went out with him!"
"I didn't think it was a big deal," I responded with a shrug as I smiled and greeted everyone.
"How is it not a big deal? I bet he only invited you so he could have another go!"
"Billie, stop it. I didn't think it was a big deal because I'm with you now and I'm beyond over him. End of," Billie nodded, but I didn't miss the mumbled words aimed at the floor.
"But everyone wants you with him. It's easy for you to leave me," not wanting to kick off an argument, I decided to ignore the offhand comment.
"HATTIE!" I shrieked as soon as I spotted the tightly curled hair on the back of my best friend's head.
"LILY!" She responded in the same tone and before I knew it we were screaming and hugging.
"Oh Em Gee! I've missed you so much!" She gushed, I tried to ignore Billie's scoff. "How are you? How's Josh?" She wiggled her eyebrows. Hattie was the one that had pushed me to go to America with Josh. She said I needed the change.
"Oh, Josh and I broke up ages ago," I shrugged Hattie looked shocked.
"Really? What did you do?" I scowled at her.
"Why do you think it was me? I dumped him," I heard Billie's little noise of satisfaction even if no one else did.
"Oh," she went quiet, her hair bobbing with her head. "Well I just thought, why would you break up with a celebrity?"
"He cheated on me," I shrugged, which set off a whole lot of sympathetic hugs and words. By now the entirety of my old friendship group were back in the circle. There were a few guys, too. I recognised the most of them from school, but there were a few new faces, all of which were introduced to me as very rich up-and-coming businessmen.
"Guys it's fine, I'm okay," we chatted on for a bit, before Hattie popped the question that was clearly burning a hole in her.
"So, are you with anyone now?" Suddenly, all the attention was on me again. I grinned shyly.
"Actually, yeah, he's over there," I pointed to the back of Billie's body, where he was examining some art display.
"The short guy?" One of my friends, Katherine, asked me bluntly, with a disgruntled look.
"Yeah, he's called Billie,"
"Awww!" Hattie shrieked. "You always said you wanted to go out with a Billie, after Billie Joe Armstrong. Oh my god I remember we used to have the biggest crush on him!" I fought the fact that my face was heating up.
"I heard my name," Billie appeared beside me with a wolffish grin.
"Hi," I greeted him, before turning to my friends. "Guys this is,"
"Billie," Hattie breathed. "Billie Joe Armstrong. You're Billie Joe Armstrong," Billie chuckled at the woman who was accusing him and grinned shyly.
"Yeah, yeah I am," Hattie shrieked and turned to me, launched into a babbling reel as she demanded I tell her everything about how I managed to get with our teenage idol.

The day was fairly dull after that, it was only Hattie and my friends that recognised Billie, and somehow news got back to Edmund about who Billie was and he was off glowering at Billie for the rest of the day. Once all the school stuff was done we went out for a meal to catch up. I was beginning to realise that everyone had changed so much, even Hattie wasn't the same. She used to be giddy, excitable and bubbly and would be first involved in everything, but now with her entrepreneur husband, she was so different. She kept casting this worrying, disapproving look at Billie, especially when he did something adorable and awkward, and she didn't have a drink. By the end of the night, after having been told off by Hattie several times for bringing up our old inappropriate and inside jokes, I was feeling well and truly homesick. I missed the sun, I missed Mike and Trè and most of all I missed Jimmy, whom I had been texting the whole day and we were ranting about how fake everyone was. After plenty of snarky comments aimed at a glowering Billie, I threw my share of the money down and prepared to leave. I smiled falsely and kissed everyone on the cheek, until I was quickly pulled aside.

Expecting it to be Billie for an impromptu make out session, I was startled when I looked up not to see the black-lined green that I loved, but pale blue.
"Edmund!?"
"Don't fight it, Lily," he murmured, slimy lips on my neck making me squirm. "You want this," I placed my hands on his shoulders and pushed him off.
"I'm sorry, Eddie, but I don't. I don't know if I made it clear earlier, but I'm with Billie, and I'm very happy with him," Edmund scoffed, not taking rejection well.
"Don't be ridiculous, you're having a fling. He's an American punk, you're not serious. Did you see the way he ate? He has no manners!"
"He was fine," I spat back. So Billie was a little messy and not necessarily British with his manners, but I found it endearing nonetheless. Edmund leaned down, forcing his lips onto mine. I leapt backwards in shock.
"Edmund! Don't! I'm in a relationship!" I gasped, repulsed at the pushy man.

It was at that moment Billie came looking for me, his face immediately dropped at what he saw. My heart plummeted as I saw the undoubtable pain flash across his eyes, before I had a chance to respond his expression turned sour, he looked venomously angry.