Status: In Progress :)

Cheaters = Losers

Before All The Flames Burn Out

A wild mass of black hair was the first thing I noticed, before dropping my gaze to find a pair of heavily lined pale green eyes, the corners of which were sloping down slightly and creased with smile lines. A single stud nestled in one ear and I could see where there used to be others and as well as a minuscule mark from where a nose ring once sat. Perfect lips quirked upwards in a curious smile, showing no teeth, but I knew that they would be slightly crooked. He was wearing a black shirt that was rolled up to his elbows and a black waistcoat. He'd changed from earlier and somehow managed to look even better. He wore black skinny jeans that clung to his petite frame, slung low on his hips and held up with that silver studded belt that I adored, on his feet were a pair of beat-up black converse. Not that I was looking that closely. He noticed my stare and smirked a little as he also had been looking me up and down.

Suddenly, I was very much up for being hit on. He was here, really right here, stood right in front of me, looking into my eyes and waiting for me to reply. I would have found that easier if he hadn't been so bloody attractive, and wearing a shirt and waistcoat like that was instantly guaranteed to kill me without the added help of his general hotness.

"I-I," I could feel the heat threatening to rise to my cheeks. "Erm, just boy drama. You know, the usual. Benji!" My voice came out strangled and more panicked than I would've liked it to as I called for another drink. I went to slide another note over the counter when a warm hand covered mine, sending my body into overdrive at the simple gesture.
"I got it," Billie freaking Joe Armstrong said as he paid. My eyes must've been double their usual size, and I was paralysed, the only thing moving me just seconds later, just before Billie moved his hand, was my phone alerting me that Josh had sent me yet another text. I jumped away as if I had been burnt and scanned it quickly; it was the same as before, misspelt crap fro Josh, but I didn't delete it. Instead, I took a drink. A long one. Billie Joe watched me with a funny expression; he looked half amused, and half worried, maybe.

"Must be pretty bad drama to get you drinking like that unless you're an alcoholic, y'know. Which you aren't because that," he pointed at the half empty glass in my hand "is lame." The way he looked at me made me feel like I was in a trance, those green eyes seemed to bind me to my seat and compel me to talk to him, especially when they turned pleading.
"Well you got me there, I'm not an alcoholic," I tittered nervously, unsure of what to say "I'm just- never mind."
"Just what?" He prompted.
"You don't want to hear my whining; I'll just bring you down. Surely you'd rather be partying? You've got to want to be celebrating after a gig like that," I pushed, but he just shrugged casually and his gaze on my face intensified, if that was even possible.
"I'll be your shrink,"
"What are you going to do? Analyse my dreams?" I challenged before the pair of us began to laugh.
"Y'know, I don't think I properly introduced myself, I'm Billie Joe," he held out his hand to me.
"Lily," I smiled grasping it, the sensation sent my body haywire, and I had to fight to not pass out. Touching him, it felt electric. And it had nothing to do with the fact that he was my musical hero, idol and basically the love of my teenage years. It was like when I used to touch Josh, but it was nothing like Josh. Josh had sent a warm pulse through me, something, but Billie, Billie Joe made me feel like I'd been struck by lightning, so much more powerful. I think Billie felt the shock too because he flinched, but then tightened his grip for a second, our gazes locked on each other.

Billie Joe pestered me until I gave in and told him briefly the situation with Josh. In response to which he grabbed my phone, despite my weak and mildly drunken protests, and deleted "The asshole, he doesn't deserve you anyway,"
"Well, y'know, that's one problem solved. Now the other one is a lack of sex." He was still stood up; all the stools occupied, but he shifted his position so he was leaning on the bar in a bit more of a provocative way, a goofy smirk making its way onto his features, he was stood close to me anyway because of the crowd in the small venue, but now he was basically leaning over me, his hips pushing forwards and arms hovering above mine, just waiting for me to allow him to touch.
"I had a feeling you were going to say that," I laughed as I hid my blushing face in my hands. Saying as Billie Joe was my favourite human on the planet, and I was fighting the starstruck feeling, I was finding it easier than I thought to talk to him. His sense of humour was similar to mine and it was no effort to respond to his silly quips with cutting remarks and slightly offensive comments.

A loud wolf whistle made us jump apart, and I almost knocked my drink over. I saved it and took a rushed gulp in order to not look like a complete idiot, trying to fight the intensifying heat in my face, especially as I heard Billie Joe's deep chuckle from right beside me.
"Woo! Go, Billie! Dude, are you gettin' some tonight or what?" Billie cringed a little, which was very attractive in itself.
"Thanks again, Tré," he mumbled, shaking his head amusedly as the drummer was once again distracted, no had turned away to torture someone else.
"So," I started.
"So," he mimicked me, raising an eyebrow.
"You're in Green Day," Wow, well done Captain Obvious. He laughed gently, not at me, not in a cruel way. His voice was so soft and friendly, completely different to the gruff punk screaming profanities on stage.
"I guess I am, y'know. Did you see us tonight?" He gestured at my top; it was black, to match my ripped jeans, and was also a skinny fit. It didn't say Green Day, but it had the Heart Like A Hand Grenade printed across the chest.
"Yeah I did, you were - you three - were amaz-er- out of this world." I beamed, trying not to freak out as I struggled to find the words to tell him how wonderful his band was without sounding like a complete freak. He just smirked a little. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Oh, I did, especially the part where you took your top off and pretended to masturbate. My mind tracked back to the glorious few songs that Billie Joe had treated as a bit of a tease to the girls.

Billie and I talked (and giggled, though that was mainly on my part) for a good while longer, until he decided that more drinks were in order. He leant across the counter, and my insides definitely exploded. It was common knowledge that Billie Joe wasn't the tallest guy around so he had to stretch a little further over the bar, his shirt riding up to show off a small PUNX tattoo just above his left hip and a good part of his well-formed stomach. He wasn't ripped, nor really muscly but his thin frame and the activity from touring meant that what was there was perfect. He caught me looking and smirked, coming in closer until his head was right by my ear, messy hair tickling a little bit as his hot breath ghosted over my skin,
"Like what you see, huh?" I could feel the laugh in his chest when my response was a rapid increase in breathing. "Is that what I do to you?"
"Billie Joe, I-" he cut me off by placing his hand on my thigh, and it felt like there was a lightning storm in my stomach.
"Tell me you feel it too," His voice was low and sultry, but also had a slight tone of desperation to it.
"I-of course I do. I just don't know what it is." I meekly tried to explain, gasping when lips traced my ear, sending shivers down my spine. In response I placed my hand tentatively mon his arm, gently tracing the stars there which I think he liked, as I felt a slight nip and tug on my ear, and his smile told me to keep going as his eyes searched mine for an answer as to what we were doing in the middle of the bar. Working by themselves, my legs entwined around his own, trapping him in the embrace, and my head tilted backwards, offering my neck with a silent groan. Billie moved his head further down, hot lips pressed towards the base of my neck, causing an involuntary sound to escape me when, for a second, I felt the wet heat of his tongue and the smirk on his lips.

"Billie, are you gonna fuck her anytime soon or am I going to have to do it for you?" Tré yelled, causing us to jump apart as if we'd been shocked, both of us colouring and desperately fixing the clothes that hadn't been displaced. Time had passed quicker than I'd thought, it turned out that I'd been talking to Billie for a good hour, and more drinks than I was aware of had been consumed. No wonder Tré was yelling, I guessed that normally they would get the first girl who offers, and I was not offering (that much, at least). Billie sent a "Fuck you, Tré!" And a middle finger back at his friend before turning his attention to me.

"Do you dance?" He nodded his head towards the dance floor where a fair few people were dancing, well, I guess you could be called dancing. I looked at him, with one hand on his the back of his head in a cool-but-nervous scratch and his eyes flicking from pleading with mine to the floor.
"If this is your way of asking me to dance with you, it's pathetic," I grinned but took his offering hand anyway with a mock curtsey in response to his bow. The song was some poppy shit from the charts that I had never heard before, but the others on the floor were bopping about like deranged chickens, contorting themselves in ways I didn't think bodies were supposed to go. I think the song was by Drake, but I really didn't know. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it was just how Billie made me feel, but for once I was the one to break the silence of the slightly awkward swaying.
"If you think I'm going to dance like that I'm going back to my - oh okay," Billie Joe silenced me by moving quickly towards me, arms snaking around my waist and pulling me closer to him, before pushing his body into mine and beginning to really sway. I let my arms rest on his tracing the tattoos in slow circles, but he looked at me with an eyebrow raised, and a quirky little smile that said is that all you've got? And my arms moved, as if he controlled them, to around his neck. Josh never danced with me and not like this. I didn't want to think of Josh, so I focused on the electric feeling as we swayed gently, in our own world with our own songs.

Billie and I's conversation continued somehow, but it was quieter and involved a lot more of intimate whispering of sweet nothings than the life stories of before. I don't really know how, but my fingers ended up curling around the hair at the base of his neck, softly playing with the scruffy ends, I heard a stifled noise in his throat and in my half delirious state I noticed that his face was moving closer to my mind. Of course at that point the sickening thought occurred to me, and I must have instinctively moved back because Billie Joe pulled away and looked at me worriedly. "Is everything okay?" His eyes searched mine, and I don't know what was so entrapping about the black-lined-green, but there was no way I could not pour out my soul to him.

"I'm sorry if I'm going to make this awkward, but aren't you married or something to, er, Adrienne I think the papers said?" I knew exactly what the papers said but there was no way I was letting him know that, he'd probably think I was a crazy stalker and bolt. Billie's shoulders relaxed, and he pulled me closer than before so my head was resting over his heart where I could feel the not-so-steady rhythm. "Adrienne was my best friend, we never dated but we agreed to let the paparazzi think we were so y'know, as the band grew I might be protected a little. Anyway, we had a fight before the tour, and she didn't like that so much. I thought she announced we'd 'broken up'." I felt myself calm down, but I didn't move.

"Okay, because after what Josh did to me there's no way I could let you do the same," he held me tighter for a second, protectively.
"No way, Lily. It's just you and me right now." I smiled at him and allowed my hands to find their way back into his hair, and I pushed my hips against his a little harder, letting that delicious electric shock feeling to flood me for a second. I decided to tease a bit, after all, I was going to have to go very soon, and I wanted to be remembered. I pulled myself up against his ear how he had to me earlier and whispered,
"Is this how you dance with all your girls?" Leaving a quick kiss just below it as I pulled away. I heard him gulp and smirked a little as he regained his posture before a childish grin stole over his face.

"No, actually. It's more like this," Billie pulled away from me and began to Dad Dance, quickly catching the attention of Tré and Mike who ran over to form a sort of group and busted into an all-out cringy routine. At the end Billie struck a pose and was lifted horizontally by the other two who were kneeling like it was some sort of cheerleading thing, I stared at them for a minute and began to clap. "Now I can see how you guys get all the girls." At which Tré responded "Job done," with a wink and he and Mike literally threw Billie at my feet and disappeared back to the sprinkles or whatever they were doing.

Billie stood up and brushed himself off as if he didn't just bust out a routine worthy of Monica and Ross.

"I'm not lying, that wasn't what I was expecting," he smirked. Again. As if he knew what I was thinking.
"I know," I moved closer and pushed myself against him. He played back, this time, gently rocking his hips onto mine with a low growl. "Better?" He did it again, holding himself there for just a second longer, the textured voice from the show was starting to slip in.
"Much," quickly I planted a kiss on his cheek, but closer to his jaw and pulled away. We danced until the end of the song

Like all good times, I let my eyes drift over to the clock in the corner and nearly had a heart attack when I noticed how late it was "And now, I have to go," I left the dance floor and grabbed my bag, throwing a few notes down for Benj. Billie Joe was right behind me, looking a little bit flustered and lost.
"Go?" He spoke, sounded like a child who had just been told that their birthday party is cancelled.
"Unfortunately, it's late and I really need to get moving. Write a song about me or something," I gave him a final smile as I heaved on the backpack three-quarters of my size and left the pub.

As I began to walk my head was reeling with thoughts of Billie. Maybe I should've asked for his number. Maybe I should've stayed and seen if he'd ask me back to his. Maybe. But that meant admitting to him that I was now homeless or a whore, and I needed to find a park or somewhere to set up my carnival tent without anyone finding out. That was until a hand grabbed my arm and spun me around, green eyes were once again staring into my own.

"Go where?" There was something about his eyes that made him impossible to lie to.
"Um, well I haven't exactly decided yet," his face was unreadable.
"I knew it! You left that Josh guy and also your home, you've got no place to go," was he happy? His voice has something more uplifted in it. "Lily, we have...something, y'know. You can't tell me you didn't feel it. Stay with me, just for tonight if you want. Please, don't make me let you go out into the wild drunk and alone." He had hold of my wrists. Maybe I could've test the waters a little bit.

"I'm not that drunk, and what if I refuse?" I cocked an eyebrow.
"I have bodyguards for that." He cocked his eyebrow right back. "And anyway, I gotta to know,"
"Know wha-" Lips pressed onto mine, softly and quickly at first, but as he went to pull away I knotted my fingers in his hair and pulled him back down, harder. He leant into me, grabbing my hips and lowering me slightly. Bliss, my mind going blank as I forgot everything apart from the feel of him, especially when I felt that same tongue dart across my bottom lip, and the pair of teeth that followed when I didn't respond.

Until stupid fucking gravity got in the way.

My backpack was weighing us down so much that we fell to the floor, me on top of it and him on top of me, all in a fit of giggles. We pulled away, and he just stopped, staring at me without really focusing.

"If you're the one that got away."