Status: In Progress :)

Cheaters = Losers

Jealousy Mixing Up With A Violent Mind

"Lily," Josh stammered and I found myself laughing humourlessly "I wasn't expecting you so early," I couldn't believe him.
"I can tell," I snapped dryly. He went to apologise but I cut him off. "You know what? Just don't talk to me, okay? My friend will help me if I need it." And with that I turned and left the room to get what I could find.

Like I said, I didn't own much in Josh's house, but that didn't mean I couldn't take what we shared. Grabbing a cardboard box I made my way over to our extensive record collection that we'd built together, fuck you I thought, he didn't deserve half of my stuff. I took the Green Day discography as well as pretty much all of the punk, alternative and classic rock stuff which included some very valuable Beatles and other collectibles. I also took a lot of the films too because they were mostly mine. I'd lived alone in England so had an alarming amount of movies and music to occupy my time. I went back for another cardboard box and filled it with the DVDs before realising that I was weak and couldn't lift the damn thing up, let alone carry it to the car. I made my way back to the front of the house where Billie came bounding to greet me from where he was leaning on his car messing with his phone.
"You okay?"
"Great. He's just fucking that girl right now so can you give me a hand with the boxes?"
"What a scumbag," he muttered, following me back to get the box.

"Dammit girl, how many chick flicks do you think we're gonna be watching?" I laughed at him
"I don't care. I'm not leaving anything I payed at least half for. Except for that vase. I don't even know what I was thinking that day," I laughed at the ugly vase, Josh could keep that in memory of me or something. Personally, I wanted to forget him and I doubted that it would be a good idea to keep anything breakable on the bus with the loose canon called Tré throwing himself around. We'd just put the boxes in the car and I was heading back to the house when I ran into Josh. Literally. I sashayed past him, completely blanking him. He followed me.

"Lily, I'm sorry about earlier-" he began
"I get it. You two are having some crazy finally-free love fest and can't control yourselves because you have some fantastic spark blah, blah, blah." I stalked up the stairs, Josh hot on my heels. "Lil, I never meant for it to end like this between us, but-"
"But what, Josh? You never found the right time? You weren't expecting me home then? I come home from work at five everyday. It's not really a shock."
"Stop being so stubborn! I mean it, I just wanted to tell you that I thought we lost spark and maybe we'd be better off as friends, like in the old times,"
"It was a year ago, not the sixteenth century."
"What I'm saying is that I don't want you to hate me," I scoffed.
"Bit late, mate." I said shortly, finding my glasses and putting them on, sighing as the world shot back into focus, my head was aching from trying to focus my blurry vision all day. I went to the bathroom throwing the last of my toiletries into a bag.
"Who is your friend, anyway?"
"A really great person,"

I found my way back to the bedroom with another box as I began loading up my books, which was a lot and I was pretty sure Billie had most of them, but that was besides the point.
"Yeah but who?" Josh kept asking.
"Why do you care? Don't you have a bunny around somewhere that needs fucking?"
"Because, Lily, I do still care about you," I snorted, but Josh continued "And Chloë has gone home, she feels nervous around you,"
"Good," I muttered and rolled my eyes.
"Lily, just tell me you're not going to get into any trouble, please," Josh begged, he was really pissing me off and I wanted nothing to do with him.
"I'm fine, not that it's your business."
"Can't you just tell me who it is? If its a guy I'm not gonna get mad at you for moving on," I had to laugh at that
"If you did I'd go apeshit because if that's not hypocrisy then I'm not seeing Billie Joe Armstrong." I snapped offhandedly.

"Wait, what?" Josh called as I hefted my books up (and promptly dropped them) "Here, let me get that,"
"Don't touch my things," I hissed.
"Billie Joe Armstrong as in Green Day Billie Joe? No way, did you meet him at the concert? Course you didn't. You're just bullshitting me. Lily? Lily, where are you going?" He followed me down the hall, calling to my retreating back. Billie was already there, leaning casually against the open front door. He looked up and grinned when he saw me, a troublesome glint flashing across his beautiful eyes.

"Hey, sexy," He stepped forward, puling me to him carelessly by the waist, making sure that the kiss he planted on my cheek was visible. "Dammit girl you look even cuter with those glasses," I laughed at him, but wasn't quite sure what to do.
"I have a box," I stated lamely, but he nodded and followed me, keeping his hand on the small of my back. I didn't need to turn around to know that he'd given Josh a look. When he saw the box with all my books, which was on the larger side he just smirked at me. "Y'know there's something undeniably hot about a girl who reads," he said sending me a wink, "You think so?" He was talking to Josh, who, for a celebrity, seemed to be struggling with the idea that Billie was there and made a fool of himself stammering out nonsense. Truth be told, Josh hated the idea that I'd spend hours in my room with my nose buried in a novel. We went out to the car and while Billie was shuffling about getting all my stuff into the boot I turned to face Josh.

"Well this is it,"
"Lily," he began
"What?"
"Please don't make this bitter," I rolled my eyes. How could I not be bitter? He cheated on me and had the audacity to ask me not to be bitter.
"Whatever. I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for charming me into coming here and wasting six months of my life because if I hadn't I wouldn't have met that guy."
"Lily,"
"Ready to go?" Josh and Billie spoke to be at the same time. I sent Josh a flashing smile and joined Billie by the door where he'd reappeared.

"Thanks for the memories, even if they weren't so great." I quoted my one of my other favourite bands, turned on my heel and followed Billie to the car. I was about to open the door and jump in when I found myself pinned against it, hot lips attacking mine. This wasn't like anything I'd ever experienced before, a tongue was pushing its way into my mouth before I'd processed what was going on, I swear I had a handprint on my waist from the feel of things and the one that was tangled in my hair was better than ever, pulling but not hurting with a casual expertise. My brain caught up with my body, which had instinctively curled into his and I recoiled despite the lightening storm in the pit of my stomach and the teeth dragged tantalisingly across my lips.

"Billie!" He grinned cheekily and opened my door before silently opening my door and sliding into his side. He refused to speak and just sat there smiling until we pulled out of the driveway and were on the road. "He saw that, didn't he?" I could hear the smirk in his tone.
"Yes." He gave a devilish grin,
"Good."
"What the hell were you thinking? What on Earth are you playing at?"
"What do you mean?" He looked a bit worried that I was freaking out.
"You were being all possessive, you never said anything about all the kissing in front of him. In fact, I don't even think kissing was mentioned!" He ran a hand through his already disheveled hair and I could feel my jaw locking in urge to run my own hands through his hair. He was still smiling.

"The asshole deserved it. Lunch?"
"What?"
"Do you, y'know, wanna grab lunch with me?"
"Actually I was just going to starve," I said lightly, rolling my eyes pretending to still be mad at him. Billie Joe was one of those people that it was simply impossible to stay mad at for long.
"Alright, smartass, its either lunch with me or Mike and Tré."
"I'll think about it," I teased even though we both knew I was desperate to go with him. One hand found its way onto my thigh like he'd done at the pub last night and it felt like a bolt of lightening flew through my lower abdomen and that look on his face wasn't helping at all.

I thought Billie would take me to a Starbucks or one of those Olive Garden places that were everywhere. I did not expect him to drive out to this tiny little place that I'd never noticed before. He led me inside, his hand back on the small of my back again and found us a table at the back corner. The place was amazing. It was small, but quaint and it was decorated like a Hard Rock Cafe with flyers and instruments and items of clothing etc everywhere with low-level lighting and soft rock playing in the background, at the time it was an old Beatles record. "Wow," I muttered as a waitress came up to us and spoke in an accent I knew. Billie looked at me expectantly.
"She was English?" He grinned and nodded.
"The place is run by an English family, y'know, check out the menu," I did and holy crap all I could see was my comfort food, stuff that brought back memories of bounding in from school or wherever I'd been to a plate of my mum's home cooking. I felt like I was going to cry. Billie reached over and took hold of my hand gently,
"Are you okay?" I nodded, barely able to get my words out.
"I - yeah. I just, this was so sweet of you," Billie shrugged.
"It's nothing. I mean, you had a pretty rough morning, I thought you could use a little comfort food, y'know?" I smiled at him again and nodded my thanks, my voice small. It didn't take me thirty seconds to order the old favourite, bangers and mash. Billie grinned in approval.
"I like a girl that eats," he grinned and I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. He was so perfect, and so lovely I was struggling to cope, I barely knew him and he was already treating me far better than Josh.

We ate pretty much in silence, both of us hungrier than we realised, only passing the occasional comment. Once we'd finished Billie didn't hesitate in ordering ice cream which came in two tall glasses. I grinned at him with childlike delight, there was something about ice cream sundaes that turned me into a three year old. Billie watched me intently for a few minutes, a far away smile on his face.
"What?" I finally asked, beginning to feel awkward. He sent me a bashful smile.
"You're so beautiful," I bit my lip and looked down, I was never good at taking compliments.
"You're not so bad yourself," I murmured. He let out a hearty laugh and I couldn't help but stare at him, mesmerised. He had his head thrown back exposing his neck, his messy hair was flopping backwards with a smile that was pure joy. I don't think Billie had ever been as attractive as he was in that moment, with no preservations or images that he had to meet.

"God, that Josh kid was an idiot. If I had a girl half a good as you I'd consider it a miracle and he let you go!" I didn't know how to respond so I took a spoonful of ice cream instead, twirling the overly long spoon in my mouth distractedly. Billie's gaze turned to me once again and I saw him gulp slightly and shift.
"You okay?" I asked with another spoonful. Billie hardly touched his.
"I - yeah," he stuttered, but shifted again as if he was uncomfortable and I didn't miss those emerald eyes flicker downwards and linger there.

"Billie, my eyes are up here," I said with a smile, at least I knew my wardrobe choice had been successful. His eyes flew to meet mine with mischievous glitter. I noticed how his pale green irises were a much deeper, richer colour with something unreadable behind it. He sent me a shameless smile.
"Sorry,"
"No you're not." I pointed out and he laughed again, but this time his voice sounded restricted and it was shorter.
We ate in silence again, or at least I did. Billie hardly touched his ice cream and his shiftiness became a near constant movement, his eyes flicking all over the place, rarely landing on me. I wondered if I'd done something to upset him. And with half an ice cream left I was seriously worrying that something was very wrong.

"Billie are you sure everything's okay?" I asked and with a pained expression his eyes met mine, visibly darkening and his pupils dilating.

"Oh fuck it," he muttered and violently threw a handful of notes onto the table before standing up and dragging me with him.