Cat and Mouse

Chapter Two

I woke up early the next morning to the sound of Thor squeezing his way back inside through the dog door. It was on of those doggy doors that would only open upon reading a little chip or something on his collar- that way nothing else would be able to come through the doors.

The dull sound of his footsteps coming up the stairs was something that I had grown familiar to over the past few weeks since I had moved in here.

Across from my bed, my TV was hanging on the wall and the screen was illuminated with early morning cartoons. This wasn't a rare occurrence. Usually, I would fall asleep watching Adult Swim so of course in the morning when I woke up that had changed back to the cartoons that are way too mature for the children that spend their time watching it.

Reaching over, I grabbed the remote and quickly changed it to something else that I would be able to watch. American Dad. Then again, I didn't really plan on watching it, just use it as background noise to keep me distracted.

Since class was canceled until Wednesday, I had absolutely nothing to do today. I wouldn't be taking Thor to the dog park again, as we only had specific days to do so. Other than that, I didn't really have any plans; but that could be due to the fact that I didn't really have any interest in making any friends since I had moved our here.

Coming into the doorway of the bedroom, Thor barked loudly before jumping onto the bed with me. I couldn't help but laugh as he circled a few times before laying down so that he was comfortable. He was laying with his head resting on my lower stomach, and one of his paws on the very top of my leg. It was something he did a lot, it reminded me of a wild animal protecting it's cub.

Laying in silence together, I brought my hand up to rest in between his ears. The only sound in the entire house was the sound coming from the TV speakers and bouncing off of the walls.

That is until I heard a few knocks on the front door and the shrill sound of the doorbell throughout the house.

Confused, Thor and I both looked at each other wondering who would be knocking on our door. He moved to climb off of the bed while I slowly sat up and grabbed the shoes that were next to the bed. I slipped them over my feet before walking out of my bedroom in my pajamas.

My pajamas consisted of a pair of grey sweat pants, and a blue tank top that had 'Exercise? Extra fries' written on it in white lettering, and now a pair of black ugg boots to keep my feet warm now that they were out from under the blankets.

Thor followed closely behind me, as I made my way downstairs and towards the front door. It was safe to say that I was surprised when I looked through the peephole and didn't see anyone standing on the other side. Had I just imagined hearing the noise? Or was someone just being a fucking asshole and trying to ding-dong ditch my house?

Taking a chance, I unlocked and opened the door in order to look to see what was outside. There was nobody standing around, not even at my neighbors houses- but there was something sitting on the ground in front of me.

Sitting on the stoup of my front porch was a drink tray with four cups from Starbucks in it, and a folded up note stuffed down in between them all.

Picking them up, I walked back into my house and closed the door behind me before walking into the kitchen. I sat the drink tray down on the counter and grabbed the piece of paper, before unfolding it. I could barely comprehend the words that were scribbled across the paper.

I didn't know what kind of coffee you would be wanting this morning, so I decided to get you a few different things. Just in case. Have a good day beautiful.

A creeping feeling crept up the back of my neck as I read the piece of paper for a second time. It had to be a mistake- I mean, obviously this was meant for someone else and was accidentally put on my porch by mistake. Right? Still feeling iffy about the situation, I threw the drinks into the sink rather than drinking them, and threw the note into the trash.

Thor watched me with curious eyes as I moved around the kitchen pushing my hair out of my face. The feeling of someone else watching me from a distance began creeping over me, so I quickly decided to make sure everything was locked.

Windows, doors, garage, and I even made sure that the blinds were pulled closed. Yet even still as I made my way back into my bedroom, the feeling never left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aya

And so ONE of the stalkers strikes. Whatcha think?