Status: Open to Edit Suggestions.

In Chains

In Chains

I know, it's hard to believe, but I am the Vampire King. I have been underground the airport in my town for 300 years now. I haven't seen daybreak in all that time. "Why not?" you ask, it's because a single silver chain holds me still against the wall or the dungeon. You see, 300 years ago I was kidnapped by werewolves. That’s when the war between werewolves and Vampires started. But there is more to that story than a simple kidnapping. I was kidnapped because the Werewolf King, Nathan, and I were fighting over a human girl. Before that human came along we were best friends. We did everything together and our people were at peace.
One day, though, a human girl wondered into our forest, seemingly lost. She sat on a log and started to cry. At the time, neither of Nathan nor I knew what the other was feeling. I had thought that she was the most beautiful creature I’d ever seen. She smelt so sweet. I could hear her blood pump through her veins at high speed, due to the fact that she was frightened and lost. I had never felt such a strong desire to jump someone and drink them dry. Her blood was the most intoxicating blood I had ever seen. I fought back the urge to drink her dry, though hard it was, because I felt that if I even had a drop of her blood my heart would die. This surprised me because I had never felt anything for a girl, let alone a human girl. That’s when I realized she was my soul mate.
After the realization hit me, I looked to my right expecting to see Nathan ready to pounce on her and tear her to pieces, but was surprised to see love evident on his face. I felt jealousy consume me and felt my eyes turn green. I ran to the human before he could act on his feelings. I picked her up and started running as far as I could from Nathan. He started to chase after us to steal her away but I, being a vampire, was faster. I ran a little longer and came to the edge of the forest. There was too much distance at that point for Nathan to smell me out.
I jumped up onto a tree and set her down on a branch, sitting next to her. She was a bit frightened and backed into the trunk into of the tree. I crawled closer to try and show her I wasn't going to hurt her but she just pushed herself farther into the tree trunk. Her eyes were filled with fear but there was something else in them, curiosity and confusion.
"Who are you? What do you want with me? How did you run so fast? It doesn't even seem humanly possible!" She said.
"I am the King of Vampires Damien," I said.
Her eyes practically popped out of her head, she said, "No way. There's no such things as Vampires."
"Yes there is and there is also werewolves," I said.
"Prove it then," she said.
"Alright," I said as I opened my mouth and let my fangs grow to their normal size, "There, now do you believe me."
Her mouth fell open in surprise and her heart sped up. "What do you want with me?" she asked again, "Are you going to drink my blood?"
Smiling I said, "No."
Her eyes portrayed relief and she relaxed for the first time. She started to breathe more calmly and her heartbeat slowed to normal. She looked up into my eyes, and I realized I was staring at her this whole time. A small blush crept into her cheeks and she looked away. She asked again, "So then, what do you want with me?"
I could tell she was dying to know, now that she knew she was not going to die. "Well, my friend, Nathan who is also a werewolf, and I saw you crying, sitting there in the forest. We feel in love with you at first sight, and I ran away with you before he could have you." I said and suddenly kissed her. She froze in shock and her heart skipped a beat. My words sunk in and she started to kiss back as pulled away. Her hand came up to my neck and pulled my face back to her for another kiss. The kiss was deep and full of passion. She pulled away and blushed again, Turning her head so she didn’t look in my eyes. I felt like I would die of happiness. She kissed me back! Did that mean she loved me back? I thought. I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to hug her. I held her to my chest and said, "I love you."
"Um… I don't know what to say, I feel like I might love you, but I just met you, so it can't be possible, right?" she said.
"Yes, it is possible. I loved you the moment I laid eyed on you, you're my soul mate," I said.
"Oh…" she said. "I guess it is possible. And I can't lie to myself. So I guess I have to admit it. I love you." she started to blush again.
"Come then, let's get married," I said
Her eyes popped out again. "Wow, I don't Know what to say. I just met you, I can't marry you all a sudden," She said.
"Why not? You love me. When people love each other, they get married."
"Yes, that’s true, but… but… Oh all right, but only cause the whole love thing." she said starting to smile at the end.
"Alright, hop onto my back and we can ride like the wind to the nearest Church," I said. She climbed on and we were on our way.
We got to the Church in only ten minutes. The Priest brought out a wedding dress and suit that was always reserved for sudden weddings such as this, and we got ready in a hurry. We were already almost through with the wedding and the Priest said the line "If there is anyone who feels that these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace" when the Church door suddenly slammed open.
Nathan and a huge army of werewolves ran in and Nathan yelled "Stop!!! She's mine!"
He ran up to us and ran off with my love. His army fought me down and dragged me away. They tortured me and locked me in this dungeon. I never got to be with my love. My soul mate, she was separated from me forever. And all I can do is sit in the dungeon and waste away hoping that someone will find me and save me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think? Improvements? constructive criticism? I really need it.