Status: Active

Sex and Donuts

Embrace the Sass

Time to rewind, I was supposed to find a bakery with delicious pastries and fresh coffee to hang out at and maybe find a boo. It wasn't the plan to go to a new bakery, hang around once or twice then sex up the young cashier. So now I have to restart at a new bakery and try not to look for a man. How hard is it to just find a donut, a yummy delicious and sweet donut?

I've been working the last four days, I'm totally pooped but I can't waste anytime laying around the house. The house that doesn't have hardly any furniture. I stepped out of the shower and reached for my towel. Looking at my face in the mirror I flinched, forgot that I wore such heavy makeup yesterday. All of the makeup smudged around my eyes and down my cheeks from scrubbing and the water making it run. I grabbed a wet wipe that's normally for wiping asses, but I buy them for cleaning my face, makes my skin feel so soft.

After cleaning my face I look less like a raccoon and more like a human woman. While I was
brushing my hair I went over the lovely chunk I had burnt off weeks earlier. I still haven't gotten it fixed and it's long over due. Maybe my need for a donut can wait, I can't keep looking like a 2007 Brittany Spears.

After finished getting ready I sat down on my rug and went through my phone for the closest hair salon. There's one down the street, I called, they take walk ins. Great! I did a double take at my outfit before slipping on my shoes and heading out.

Since I'm only getting my hair cut, I figured I should go in comfort. All I wore were some blue jeggings, a sports bra, a gray pullover sweater, and my white addidas. No need to get all fancy, I'm going to have to change my clothes to get rid of all the itchy hair anyways.

When I arrived, there were only two stylists in the shop. They were both sitting in the waiting area reading some fashion magazine. One had her red hair in a pixie cut with very pale skin and freckles. her body shape was thin and gangly, kinda gave me a horror film vibe. The other was a very curvy, not like over weight curvy but she's got wide hips and large bust but tiny waist curvy. She had dark tan skin with her black hair which had tight curls in a medium length. It wasn't short enough for an afro, it was just long enough where her hair was parted on the side but still stuck out and not flat.

"Are you Clementine Jones?" the curvy stylists asked.

"Yes, that's me." I answered.

"You're with me, let's get you a new haircut." she said as she stood up and walked towards a chair, I followed and sat down in the chair she notioned at," what are we going to do to your hair today?"

"Well, a few weeks ago I was straightening my hair and I was talking and didn't move the straightener," she let out a little gasp, I showed her the chunk of hair," it came right off and I feel like I should even it out."

"Damn girl, you need to learn how to work an iron, or just not talk while working said iron." she said as she held the chunk in her hand, acting like it was a dying kitten.

"It's grown out a little, so it's not too bad." I said, trying to make her happy.

"If you want me to even it out with the chunk, you're going to lose a lot of hair." she started to touch the rest of my hair, in that weird way all stylists do, like they're scoping the field.

"I know, I'm not exactly sure how short it is since it's more towards the back of my head."

"Well, it's going to be up to your shoulders, a good 6 inches will be cut away." she stopped her hands at my shoulders so she could show me how long it'd be.

"If it means no chunk then I'll have to live with it." I said with a lump in my throat.

"Clementine, I'm going to do my best with your hair." she said as she grabbed her little spray bottle to damp my hair.

"You can just call me Clem, it's less fruity."

"Alright Clem," she said with a smile," my name is Valerie but you can just call me Val, less....I don't know....it's just shorter." she chuckled then made the first cut.

The haircut took nearly thirty minutes, she's very precise when cutting hair. She was snipping here and there then she would use her razor to add some 'texture' then some more water. So far it looks really good, who knew I'd look so good with shorter hair. I was so used to having my long strawberry blonde hair that I didn't want to lose it, but now I feel like I was meant to burn a chunk out.

Val was straightening my hair and it just put a stamp on the perfection that she did to my hair. It looked so sleek and soft on my head, she is truly a miracle worker. When she put the hair straightener down she tugged on the ends like she was trying to pull it straighter. With one last little tug she looked at me," well, how does that look Clem?"

"It looks amazing, I thought I wouldn't look good with short hair but I am really into it." I said as I turned my head side to side to get a better look.

"Great, I'm all finished now." she took off the weird little cape and I stood up. She looked up and down at me," with your new haircut you'll need to get a better style, those jeggings are just dragging it down."

"Excuse me?" I was slightly offended.

"You need to work with what you've got, you're just covering it up with those sad pullovers and jeggings, I don't even know who created jeggings, they shouldn't exist."

"Shouldn't you insult your clients after you get paid?" I asked as I took out my wallet.

"Girl, I'm just telling you how it is." she replied," $25 even."

"You could be nicer about it." I replied as I gave her three 10 dollar bills then I walked out, Being honest? More like being a huge bitch.

When I got home, I closed the door and went straight to my closet. Val's words kept echoing in my head, Do I really have such crappy style? I'm a nurse, it's not like I dress to impress on my days off, it's a miracle if I even put on jeans let alone do my hair! I moved my hangers around and looked at each piece. The more I stare at each piece the more I realize how every other item is either sweat pants or a pullover sweater. I feel comfortable in these clothes, but I can see what she's talking about, I don't have to go all Gucci Queen but I can be a little fashionable.

I went through my clothes again and I threw nearly all my sweat pants and frumpy sweaters on the ground. I don't need this many pairs of pants! I don't need this many sweaters, or even this many t-shirts! I kept throwing them on the ground, I moved to my dresser, I looked at the underwear I had, so many granny panties! No wonder Damion Scott didn't enjoy sex, especially if he had to look at me in these! I felt like I was going through a meltdown as I threw all my gross granny panties away in the middle of the room. But when I finished, I never felt better. I feel like I'm reinventing myself and trying to actually change. I don't always want to be the girl who was dumped because she was boring at sex. I want to be embrace my sexuality, I want to look good, I want to accept myself, I don't want any pity from anybody. I need to love myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter was kinda boring, I apologize but I just needed this to kind of proceed the story. It'll pick up soon.

FYI: I love jeggings, I wore them all the time when I was pregnant, it was heaven.