Status: On-going

Molly's Nightmare

A new beginning

I’m Molly, and this is my story. I’m no princess, I’m no A+ student, I could make you a whole other story of what I am not. I will tell you this: I might as well have been known as invisible until the wolf found me. That wolf was… is no normal wolf.
I jerked out of bed to a loud crash, a scream followed.
“Guess it’s time to go.” I sighed and quickly gathered my stuff together for school and got dressed. Then headed out from my bedroom window.
“It’s a bit early, but it can't be helped. I'm not staying In that house while they fight.” I said to myself so I started walking a slower pace to school.
“Oh, it’s way too early!” I said, checking my phone. It was one 5am. School didn’t start until about 3 hours from now. The sun wasn't even up yet. I turned down the alleyway and started down to the town’s park. It’s nice and peaceful at this time of day. Most things are asleep by now. I looked up into the star filled sky.
“Bright moon, should be full soon.” I said to myself.
Only the sounds of my footsteps could be heard In the darkness. Didn't take me more than ten minutes to reach the dark, empty park.
“Well, at least it’s quiet here.” I sighed and rested on a cool bench near the trees. The forest here was deep and filled with sleeping animals.
Leaves rustled. My attention darted in the direction it was coming from. Growling, howling and yips grew very loud very quickly.
Before my eyes, a big white wolf rushed out of the bushes. It halted to a stop, looking at me with wide eyes. It looked scared and hurt. I slowly walked near it. It whined and shook its head, almost like it was trying to tell me to not come closer. There was a brief moment I found myself just staring at this beautiful wolf. Two more wolves stumbled out of the same bush in a hurry. Bigger with black grayish fur. A flash of pain hit my leg and I felt myself being dragged on the ground very fast.
Later I found myself in someone’s backyard. I tried to get up but my leg was still in shocking pain. Sitting back down, I looked my leg over. I had been bitten. I pulled my jacket off, using it to clean off the blood. Getting to my feet, I headed out toward the street to find out where I had ended up. My leg hurt, but I should be fine the bite I had gotten was too deep. Dragging myself to Look for the nearest sign.
“319 hollow St.” I read the sign out loud to myself. I had been pulled at least a mile away from the park. Flipping out my phone, I noticed time had passed quite fast. If I start walking now I should be at the school around 6, about an hour and a half walk. I normally take the bus from the park, the park being where I go as my get away place. My parents fight a lot nowadays, forgetting I'm even there sometimes. Letting out a sigh, I headed the long walk to school, my leg still hurting but wasn't bleeding badly. I will go to the nurse when I get there. She's always at the school early anyways so I should catch her there when I arrive. Besides the Bite I had a good handful of cuts and scratches all over. Well better head to school, Shouldn't stay here and won't go home.

Took me much longer to get to the school than normal. My leg really started to hurt. I was nearly hopping on one foot at this point. I went around back, straight into the nurse’s office.
“Oh hey, Molly. How are you this… What happened to you?!” Sara`s voice raised as she pulled me to a chair to sit.
“I was bit by a dog.” I didn't say wolves because they're not normally around here.
“I’ll do what I can to patch you up, but you should see a doctor. What if it had rabies?” Sara told me as she cleaned my leg of all the remaining blood. Then putting disinfectant over the wounds on both the bite and the worst of my cuts, followed by a bandage that got wrapped around my leg.
“Thanks.” I told her, standing up to get ready to leave for class.
“You’re not thinking of going to class, are you?” Sara asked.
“I am going. I can’t miss. I’ll get it checked out later.” I promised, walking out the door before she could stop me.
I sat in my normal seat in the back, laying my head down on my desk for a short nap until class started. I had even beat the teacher to the room.
I was rudely woken from my nap by Kira. “Hey! Hey Molly! Did you take a mud bath with your clothes on this morning?” Kira yelled at me, too close to my ears.
“Oh of course I did, want to join me next time?” I looked at her with an annoyed look.
Her face looked shocked, like she really believed that I wasn’t kidding, and she hurried to her desk near mine. Looking myself over, I was really looking bad today. I was covered in dirt and grass stains.
The class slowly started to fill, but the teacher was late like always. He wrote notes on the the white board sat down and started to type onto his computer. Guess it’s notes day again. He does that a lot, puts notes up and gives everyone about two days to copy them and know what they mean before he hands us all worksheets. The worksheets take me about 10 minutes while he gives everyone else about a week to turn it in before doing more notes followed by a new worksheet and then maybe a test. I easily darted down the notes in 10 minutes, giving me 50 minutes of free time. I laid my head down on the desk. Even with my head down, I couldn’t bring myself to take a small nap. My mind raced with thoughts about the wolves, or could they have been dogs?
“Psst, Molly.” Kira whispered at me. “Psssst.” She tried again. “You sleeping?” She asked.
“No I’m awake.” I said, slightly annoyed. “What do you want?” I asked, sitting up in my chair.
“We have a new student today.” Kira said happily.
“And why should I care?” I asked Kira.
“Because he’s new? And maybe we could be friends with him?” She suggested, looking me in the eyes.
“Good idea. You go talk to him and leave me alone?” I told her.
“Jeez, someone’s moody today. I will then.” She said before walking away.
Good. She’s gone, I thought to myself, I don’t even know why she always comes to talk to me she has what seems to be a 100 friends but only comes to me when they're busy.
I laid my head back down and let out a small sigh. “Psst.” Kira said from behind me and I nearly jumped out of my chair.
“What was that for?!” I yelled at her, pulling eyes from around the class my way. “Haha. I brought the moody person something they like.” Kida said laughing at me.
I looked her way when she perked my interest of this item I could or do like. “Here, take this.” She said handing me a small bag. Grabbing and pulling it open I found a small, half-eaten candy bar. “Really?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Hey, at least I thought about sharing! I could have eaten it all myself!” Kira pointed out before taking off to her desk. I couldn't help myself but laugh about it, well might as well eat it before she takes it back from me.
The rest of the classes dragged on until about lunch time. I only see Kira in first hour and at lunch. Before finding and sitting at my normal seat, I headed to the lady’s room to wash up. I have been judging eyes. Looking at how messy I was all day. It really started to bug me. My right side of my face was covered in dirt. I splashed water on my face, arms and legs to get most of it off. “There. Now at least I look less like a homeless person.” I said to myself. It was a comment I got in one of my classes that bugged me a little. I headed out and back into the lunchroom.
“Over Hereeee!” Kira yelled from across the room. I locked my eyes on her for a good minute as I walked over. Suddenly, I hit something hard and crashed on the floor. Laughter filled the room before I knew what had happen myself. I had ran into someone with their food tray. Just great! Now I have to clean myself up again and of all days it’s sloppy joe!
“Im soo sorry!” A voice said apologetically.
Looking up to the voice, I had never seen this person before. And he has white hair? That’s odd. It has to be dyed.
“It’s you” He said half to himself. “Hey let me get you something to clean you up with.” He said before taking off with his empty tray.
“Puff, I’ll just go back to the lady’s room.” I grumbled to myself and turned to head back that way. Cleaning myself off once again, I started heading back, sitting by Kira.
“So how was your fall?” Kira asked jokingly.
“You went there? Oh, you know how it is falling on your butt and having everyone in school laughing at you? No? Well, it feels like a great fall.” I said angrily.
“Not your day, huh? Tomorrow I’ll make sure to give you a full candy bar!” Kira said. I couldn't help but smile about that.
“See? I told you that it would cheer you up!” Kira said with a smile.
“I’m sorry, Kira. Just has been one of those days. Parents were fighting again this morning as well.” I told her.
“Oh that again. Well, changing the subject… what happened to your leg? you been walking weird.” Kira asked.
“I was bit by a big dog this morning, also how i got covered in all this dirt.” I told her.
“You okay?! She ask wide eyed.
“If I wasn’t, would I be here?” I asked, shaking my head.
“Knowing you, you would be here even if you lost your leg.” She said puffing out her cheeks.
“Excuse me, Miss, But you took off before I could give you this.” A familiar voice said.
Looking behind me, it was the boy who ran into me. His hand was filled with napkins.
“It’s fine. I got everything off, but the smell.” I told him.
“Well Than ill throw them out later Also, mind if I take a seat here with you and your friend? Everyone else’s tables are filled.” He asked me a bit sheepishly.
“Of course you can!!” Kira told him before I could said no. I darted my eyes her way.
“Thank you. I’m Kerto. May I ask your names?” Kerto asked, taking a seat on the opposite side of the table across from me and Kira.
“I’m Kira and the moody girl you ran into is Molly., She’s normally nicer.” Kira told him.
“Sorry about your lunch.” I said under my breath, but loud enough for them to hear.
“Psst, Molly that’s the new kid.” She whispered to me.
“Well there you go. Now you can make friends with him.” I told her. I pulled a blank sheet of paper out of my bag and started to draw on it, tuning out Kira and Kerto who were going on about something to do with butterflies making butter, which made no sense to me at all.
“Oh wow, Molly. That wolf looks so cool, but when you get so good at drawing them?” Kira asked me over my shoulder as she watched me draw.
“It’s the dog I had seen this morning.” I told her. Before I could stop her, she pulled the paper away from me to show Kerto. “Check this out! Molly always draws some cool stuff!” Kira told him. His face went a little pale but he shook it off before Kira noticed. I thought about asking what his deal was but changed my mind.
Weird, I thought to myself. “Give me that!” I told Kira, pulling it from her and throwing it into my bag. “Ahh the bell!” I said while pulling away from Kira and Kerto, not giving them a chance to follow me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im posting my First few Chapter here, If this is Liked ill post the rest. But I want people too tell me there honest thoughts and where I can improve my writing, Thanks <3