Saved

Vriska: Enter

=====> Be Vriska

“So you’re telling me you don’t even know where this girl is from? You practically know everything about everyone Nepeta,” I groaned, tapping my foot eight times impatiently.

Nepeta shook her head, her red hair bouncing from under her hat. She was short but she had muscle and could probably kick anyone’s ass from here to her ancestral home in Asia in a few minutes flat.

Except for me of course, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve in a fight.

“I think Equius may have known her in elementary school but he isn’t sure beclaws he moved everywhere and you know that Vriskers.”

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me that?”

“...Right, sorry.”

Equius was my neighbor, but he didn’t become my neighbor until high school. His mom was in the marines and died shortly after he moved to Skaia, right next to me.

I sighed, “So you have no idea?”

“Well, she might be from Prospit, but we don’t know. Equius thinks he knows her but isn’t sure, and isn’t sure whether or not she’s from Prospit or Derse,” Nepeta shifted from foot to foot. She was afraid of me, which she rightfully should be. I was a scary bitch!

“Alright. Hmmmmmmmm…” I wondered, nodding
.
“Why are you so interested in her anyway Vrisker-Vriska?” she asked, her head tilted to one side.

I smirked, “Just doing some reconnaissance.”

She sighed, “Whatever you say. She’s in my math class so I’ll purrobubly end up getting to know her.”
“Excellent, let me know what you find out!”

She shook her head but reluctantly agreed. I said my goodbyes as her boyfriend, Equius, showed up and started to question me about my arm: how it was, if I was greasing it properly, if I was going to trek to the other side of Skaia to have his dad look at it and do maintenance on it. His father designed it, assembled it, and installed it himself. It was a new model that Equius himself wasn’t familiar enough with to do maintenance on himself, it was so new. I had gotten it only at the beginning of summer when the previous model I had jammed up so bad there was no fixing it.

That had been soooooooo frustrating!

I answered his questions with the most bored expression I could muster. I knew how to take care of my arm already, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve had a robotic arm!

I really should never had ended up with this stupid thing anyway, but that’s not something I liked thinking about!!!!!!!!

I managed to get away from them to walk over to the usual table in the dining commons. This was usually where Karkat, Tavros, and I sat along with sometimes the two I had just been talking to. Today however, I found that Terezi was sitting across from Tavros, who was laughing at whatever it was that she had said. He wasn’t even laughing nervously like he did with me, how dare she!
However, this was the fourth time I had seen her today. It was almost five o’clock and I’ve seen her everywhere.

I also found that she lived on the same floor as me, just down the hall actually. We left for class at about the same time around noon today. If she had class with Nepeta, she was probably headed for Math at that time. I was headed to Psychological Science.

She had been in my Criminal Law class this morning too, which didn’t surprise me. She had this way about her that reminded me of a lawyer.

To everyone’s shock, I was a Criminal Justice major. Figured it’d serve me some good in the Navy when I joined. Nothing seemed better to me than to sail the seven seas, I did like pirates after all. However, I figured doing something good with my life was a good option. I didn’t have the sick sense of justice that Terezi seemed to carry, but I did have a point to prove to my mother. I was going to prove to her wrong.

But that’s a story I also did not like thinking about, so I didn’t.

I grabbed some food on my walk over there and sat down next to Tavros. Without looking up, Terezi said, “Hello Serket.”

“Pyrope,” I greeted. I wondered for a second what gave me away, but then I remembered that I have a bunch of metal on my left side. It wasn’t exactly subtle to those who had really good hearing. Which, being blind, was a given.

Or if they looked at my left hand, which I didn’t bother covering because I didn’t want to have to worry about wearing gloves all the time and I didn’t care enough about people noticing to worry about it.

Tavros was munching on some vegetarian dish, Terezi had pizza, and I had some unknown pasta dish in front of me. Usually the dining commons had some decent food, usually. Today was not one of those days. It was the first day of classes, you would think that they would have some decent food to “welcome” us back to campus or to give the freshman and transfer students a good impression. Nope, not today.

Karkat walked over and plopped himself in the chair next to Terezi with a loud huff. Once again, Terezi didn’t look up but asked him, “What’s wrong with you?”
“Why do you care?” he asked, glaring. I’m pretty sure that glaring at a blind girl was futile.
“Figured it was worth asking. You seem to be in a perpetual state of fury, but it seemed more so. Who’s the guilty party?”

Karkat sighed, “I was talking to a former friend of mine on the phone right before I got here, and apparently he’s transferring here. Said something about having to take care of some unfinished business to take care of along with the art program here being better or some shit.”

I shrugged, “This is bad why?”

“Cause he went and fucked the girl I liked behind my back.”

Terezi winced, which did not escape my notice. I tilted my head, there was something going on here, and I wanted to know what it was. Did Karkat know her?

“Happy now Vriska? That’s the end of the goddamn story, can we change the fucking subject now?” Karkat growled, sounding even more pissed off than usual.

Terezi didn’t speak a word, just hung her head over her plate for a moment before standing up, grabbing her stuff, and leaving. I watched her walk off, she was in a hurry to get away as if something was after her.

“Why did she leave like that?” Tavros asked, his nervous face looking even more nervous.
I shrugged and Karkat crossed his arms over his chest, “Like hell if I know. I never knew her well, just enough to have a crush on her in ninth grade.”

The connection slammed together in my head, she was from Prospit! That’s where he was from and he went to school with her. That’s also why Karkat was twice as angry with her, he actually knew her. Also he apparently held a grudge on her if his best friend slept with her behind his back.
This girl keeps getting more and more interesting!

I looked over at him, “Who was this former friend of yours again?”

“Why do you care?”

“I don’t, I’m just curious.”

He groaned irritably before turning his entire body to face me. He trained his eyes on mine, which was unnerving to say the least, and his bright red eyes narrowed at mine.
“His name is Gamzee Makara, and he’s the worst fucking ball of horseshit to ever crawl into existence.”