The Storm.

Earth 1. Asgard 0.

When They arrived on to Asgard, he assured Danielle that he would return soon enough, gathering her to towards the gardened, he then set off to Heimdall. When he had found the guarding of the realm, he was standing briskly by the end of the bifrost.

“Heimdall, I am in need of your ability” Thor had thundered in.

Heimdall turned smoothly to face the God and smiled. “ I have trouble seeing the mortal that you brought.” His voice husky and playful, already knowing full well what Thor had done before Thor could tell him.

“Aye, reason being because she is demi-god, which explains why she would be almost untouchable by your sight. However, that is not the reason why I came.” Thor had tensed when he looked Heimdall in his eyes. The color seemed to play in them, as if you could physically see him trying to search for your question and your answer simultaneously.

“I need to know why the my Father had ordered her death and not her alliance” Heimdall’s eyes tried to search again for a split second, even that split second he had seen almost all the cosmos but could not see the reason for Odin’s order.

“I apologize God of Thunder, but I cannot see beyond Odin’s mind, he is the All Father and must keep his secrets hidden, even from you Thor.” Thor pursed his lips at the response and trotted back to the garden, but before he left Heimdall had called “But I can tell you that I can see Her future, and she is neither friend, or foe.”

***

Bothered and irritated by what Heimdall had advised, he became more so when he returned to see the only person he didn’t want around Danielle. Loki. She had seen him stomping past and returned to him as she took the hint to get away from Loki. But she sensed something more.

Trying to pry it from him, he had assured every was fine, until she had stopped him. He didn’t know what to tell her, but he knew what he wanted and told her that instead of the news received from the guardian.

***

She seemed nervous enough before they entered the great hall, but when the doors finally opened, and they began to waltz down toward the throne, Thor could feel her grasp tighten around his arm. He placed a gentle hand over hers and looked her in the eye. “I promise nothing bad will happen to you. I will gladly be banished from Asgard if that meant fighting my own father for his injustice”

“Oh god…” she whispered. Thor gave her a goofy smile and they faced forward.

“Thor Odinson. You bring this being here today in an act of rebellion to my direct orders. What do you have to say for yourself?” Odin’s voice was loud and strong, just as Danielle would have expected. Thor stepped before Danielle and thundered his voice. “To my knowledge and time spent with her she is no less of danger to us than any rest of the mortals. But I’ve seen her power first hand and you cannot deny, that she could be a valuable ally”

Odin rose from his behemoth throne and slammed his staff, creating a large echo that almost rang Danielle’s ears. “She is the offspring of a Traitor and a war criminal, who had killed thousands— “Thor took another step forward and roared “BUT SHE IS NOT HER FATHER!”

“SILENCE!” and the whole room, almost the whole world it seemed had done as he commanded. The All-Father turned his back to Thor and sat again, “even if she is no threat to us, she is still mortal and I do not tolerate mortals witnessing or residing in Asgard. Danielle Surtursra, I hereby sentence you death, in violation of the treaty between mortals and immor—“

“And what if He had found out you had killed his only spawn? what hell would you bring about your own people” Thor had stated.

Danielle looked into Thor’s bright blue eyes, she could almost catch a glimpse of victory and she shot Odin a look. She didn’t know half of what was going on but she could tell it wasn’t going good for her so far.

Odin paused and considered. Frigga knelt down and whispered in his ear, and the All-Father had huffed, as if he lost a game of chess to a child. Frigga stood again and winked and smiled to Danielle.

“Very well…” Odin had concluded, he waved his hand and Frigga and him were whisked away by a golden light.

Once they were gone, Thor had cheerfully laughed and out of Danielle’s shock, hoisted her up in his arms and spun around. She laughed along with him and he lowered her finally, stopping a moment to stare into each other’s eyes. “Thank you! I don’t know what would have happened but it seemed to work!” Danielle had gratefully thanked. Thor knelt down and kissed the back of her hand.

“I only hope this doesn’t come back to me in the long run.” He winked and straightened up. “now, I believe we need a celebration feast. I cannot wait for you to meet the other warriors and add you to our alliance.”

***

Before they made their way, Loki had loomed out of the shadows and followed toward them. “Lucky aren’t you?” Danielle spun around to see the trickster stalk just near where the shadow meets the light. Thor could feel his mischief work already take in place and he tried to show him away “Don’t you have a book to read somewhere brother?” Loki chuckled and finally entered the light, “I was simply congratulating our new addition to the family, after all, isn’t that what you two were fighting for? A hand in marriage?” Danielle smiled and looked towards Thor, to her surprise, she could see a small blush under his grimace.

She returned attention to Loki and he was already in front of her grasping her hands as she turned around. “My dear, if that’s the case you may want to avoid Sif, she can be a bit nasty when other women give Thor attention.” Danielle’s heart sank a little, but she hid it quite well.

As subtle as her feelings were, Loki saw the change of heart in her and hid a smile. He kept in mind that he would use this for later. Danielle smiled to hid her discouragement and began “No, we were having a court hearing about whether I get to live or die and thankfully it went my way! Earth 1! Asgard 0” she cheered. Loki, however, did not understand the reference but only smiled.

“well, I ought to show you more of Asg—“ Loki had started almost flirtatiously and looked to Thor as he did so “Enough! Loki!” Thor had interrupted. “Danielle…” Thor held his arm out and Danielle had greeted him by his side again and the started off.

“Do not listen to what he said… He is the God of Lies after all.” Thor leaned down to tell her.