The Storm.

You Look Like Her...

Thor had wanted to go after her but though it was best to leave her alone for a little while, until he heard a cry from the halls. He sprinted into action, hammer in hand already and met Sif, on her side in pain. He knelt down, terrified to what might have put the goddess of war into such a state.

“Who did this to you Sif?”

She scoffed and tried to meet his eyes, “your lovely little half breed.” She spat out blood as she said the insult. Thor was taken aback by the words she used but at the moment he was more concerned of what had gotten into Danielle of the late.

“I’ll get you help. I need to have a word with my brother.” And he had stormed off, heavy footsteps hammering the floor.

***

Loki could feel Thor’s presence approaching. He smiled and closed his book and waited until his brother barged into the library. “Loki!” alas he had arrived. Thor had made quickly across the room and held his hammer to Loki’s chin with an icy gaze.

“What concoction of plans have you twisted Danielle into?”

Loki hid an evil grin and shrugged. “I’ve done nothing brother. Just merely gave her the attention a Queen of Muspelheim deserves. Besides you had Sif on your arm the whole night, I thought It would be rather respectful to give her mine, considering…” he waved a flurry of magic and showed what they did when Danielle left the halls of the castle to the garden.

Thor threw Loki away and struck the walls with a strong bolt of lightning out of rage. “Why…Why must you meddle in everything I have?” Thor’s back was turned to Loki but Loki could feel the utter frustration on Thor’s strong face.

Knowing full well that he did exactly what he wanted with Thor’s emotion he grinned as wide as a wolf’s. “Brother… She is not something you can own. You can create fire, but can you truly control it?” Thor turned at this tricksters’ words, almost realising his plan. “You sly fox…” Thor directed at Loki as he rushed out.

***

Thor knew vaguely of Loki’s plan, considering he had pretty much caused most wars between Asgard and many other realms, he was terrified of what horror he would befall Asgard this time.

He rushed to the throne room and caught Danielle standing before his father. She turned abruptly to his intrusion but quickly returned her attention to the All-Father, seeing how she felt her attention was worthy of Thor’s anymore.

“Granted” Odin had said, almost with glee in his voice, but rather hard to tell as his face was still as a rock.

Thor had looked to Danielle and Odin numerous times and Danielle had made her exit after the King’s words. As she passed Thor, he had gripped her arm and stopped her in her tracks. “What did you demand of my father?” his voice as flat and cold as a frozen lake.

She ripped her arm from his strong hands. “That I see my father.” She started off again but before she got out of his hearing she turned slightly toward him, spite dripping from her lips and threatened, “Touch me again, and I’ll burn you as if you touched the sun.” Thor had snapped his head out of curiosity and fear and saw a glimpse of her eyes, they had turned a bright red before she had turned and head off.

***

There was three days before she saw her father. She was terrified to say the least, but a bit glad. Knowing where she came from, what power lies in her blood. But again she was scared to know. She was sobbing, she didn’t know what to do, or say, it was all too new coming too fast at her.

She shot up and straightened herself when a soft knock had interrupted her spinning thoughts. “Come in” she had struggled through a sob. The figure had floated around the chamber doors and closed it ever so gracefully. It was Frigga.

Danielle never felt any ill will towards her as she was Thor and Loki’s mother, and she even vouched for her at their first meeting, so she was quite happy to see her. The queen had sat on the edge of her bed and held Danielle’s hand. “Oh my dear, you are so warm.” She exclaimed at the touch. Truth was, Danielle was a bit more than warm, she was almost a burning touch, but Frigga wasn’t the type of woman to alarm anyone.

“I know… I’m sorry, it’s so hard to control.” Danielle had pulled her hand away, fearing it was abnormal and hurting Frigga.

Frigga smiled sadly and turned to face Danielle more full on. “Sometimes the most beautiful and natural things are the hardest to control.” Danielle had looked up hopeful to those words and smiled.

“I know that you are angry at Thor. I know how Sif must have been at the feast… She’s a very… Jealous woman, and Odin thinks she is a tremendous warrior and a perfect match for our Thor, but—“ Frigga paused with a sad look in her eyes. “Sif is a jealous woman and I fear that her warrior attributes will get in the way being a good queen.” She stopped to place a soft hand onto Danielle’s shoulder. “We need a queen who will take action regardless of what mood her king shall be in… a queen that has an affinity to more than just Asgard, to know what is best for all.”

Danielle knew what Frigga was saying, and this had made her thought turn over and over. “but I am afraid to what I will find… when I meet him.” Frigga smiled again, so soft and warm and hugged Danielle close to her. “He is your father, I’m suure he will be more than happy to see you… and if he isn’t, show him what female power really is in Muspelheim.” She winked and proceeded towards the door. But before she had left she faced Danielle one last time for that little ounce of strength Danielle needed. “You’ll do fine… you have a couple of days before hand, so go out and experience Asgard.” Danielle smiled, maybe she would make things up with Thor… just maybe.

“And you know what” Frigga went on, half her body out the door. “You look like her… your mother.” And closed the door. Danielle felt a big bubble of butterflies in her stomach. Eyes wide, and a grin to match spreading like wildfire across her face.

How did Frigga know Danielle’s mother?