Status: Active

Fireproof

022

Three months had changed a lot as time had gone by, all of it for the better thankfully. After the roller coaster life had put me on over the last half of a year, the calmness in my life was greatly welcomed. Nikki’s nerve issue after his surgery had turned out to be not quite so bad as it could have been and he was pretty much walking by himself again, but with the help of crutches still. It had been a trip that was for sure, but he stayed determined through it all and was back to the Nikki Sixx that the entire world knew and loved.

Criss spent about a month in the hospital recovering from his injuries from the condo fire and then came home to his room at my place. He wasn’t quite back to a hundred percent and like Nikki’s situation, he still had a couple of surgeries to go through before everything was corrected. Blaze was glad to have his dad back and Criss wasted no time in picking back up where he had left off.

As for me, well things were going pretty good. I had doctor’s appointments almost every other week to keep a very close watch on everything but so far everything was looking perfect. Nikki and I had gotten a huge surprise a few weeks ago when I had gone for an ultrasound and we heard heartbeats for the first time. We heard not just one, but three separate heart beats. I was beyond excited and nervous at the same time because having triplets definitely added to the risks I was already up against. I had gone yesterday to find out the genders of the babies but we decided to wait until tonight and have everyone over to find out what we were having. To say that I was anxious was an understatement. Nikki and I both agreed though that as long as they were healthy, boy or girl didn’t matter.

“Good morning beautiful.” Nikki said as I stirred in bed trying to wake up.

“Good morning.” I smiled.

“Are you excited about tonight?”

“Yeah, I am. Are you?”

“Very. A little nervous too.” He smiled.

“Nervous? About finding out what the kids are?”

“Yeah. I know it’s weird but I can’t help how I feel.”

“Well, I’m pretty sure they’re all going to be boys that have your mesmerizing eyes.”

“And I’m pretty sure they’re going to be spitting images of their mother.”

I kissed him and pushed my considerably larger body out of bed to go check on Blaze who I could hear starting to whine from his room across the hall. I opened the door to mine and Nikki’s bedroom and found that Criss was already up and picking Blaze up out of his crib. A glance at the clock showed that it was time for his breakfast.

“Go back to bed, P. I’ve got him.” Criss said.

“I need to get up anyway and get started.”

I spent the day slowly stirring around and getting ready for everyone to come over tonight. I went to find something to wear while Criss went to pick up Tommy, Vince, and Mick from the airport who had flown in to hang out for a couple of days and to be here to find out what the three new members of the Motley family were going to be. I had been stealing Nikki’s shirts to wear pretty much every day because my shirts were now skin tight and his clothes didn’t make me look quite as big. He had kept his clothes in the same place since he had put them up and now they were gone. What the hell?

“Nik, what the hell did you do with your clothes?” I called from the closet as I stood with a towel wrapped around me.

“I moved them.” He smirked from the closet door.

“Yeah, I see that. I need a shirt for tonight and I hope like hell I can fit into some jeans.”

“No. You need to wear your own clothes tonight and show off our growing minions.”

He walked over to me and wrapped me in his arms, that smirk still on his face. I swear I hated when he did that because he was so damn sexy and it pissed me off at the same time.

“Seriously? This is not our minions. This is fat because each of the three of them feel the need to make me want to eat a full meal every five minutes.”

He stepped back and gave me a ‘seriosly?’ look. “You don’t even have a full pound of fat on you, Parker. You are all baby and you’re so damn cute. You have the perfect pregnant look going on. In fact it’s so cute I might just have to knock you up again as soon as we get the all clear after these guys are born. How about I pick you out something to wear?”

“Okay.”

It was impossible to not give into to whatever he said or wanted. He at least kept it simple with a white long sleeve shirt, ripped jeans, and red converse. I barely had time to get dressed and get my hair dried and Criss was back with the guys who I hadn’t seen in a couple of months and I was happy to see them again.

“Holy shit you’re huge!” Tommy said as soon as he saw me.

Okay maybe not Tommy so much.

“Thanks, asshole. I’ve missed you too.”

“Hey. I meant it in a good way! I mean you have the next little Motley Crue growing in there.”

I hugged Mick and Vince and talked to them for a little bit as Criss finished up cooking which he had taken upon himself to do because the guys at the department had requested it. He and Aiden had pretty much planned this whole thing after some of the guy’s girlfriends had mentioned doing it. Aiden said he had a surprise for me though that I couldn’t find out about until it was time and that I was curious about.

“Alright, Parker. Everyone is here and we have something we need to do before we start eating.” Aiden said.

“Okay. What’s that?”

“We’ve got to go outside. You take this.”

He handed me a hand held flight radio which I normally used when I was on the ground trying to talk to someone up in a plane such as when we were trying to see how things looked for an air show. It was already on and on a specific channel and I had no idea what it was for but I’m sure Aiden would explain. I followed him outside with Nikki by my side and everyone else followed us.

“There you guys are. Look up, Parker.” Keith, my fellow flight team member, said over the radio.

I did as he said and found three T-6 Texans flying off in the distance that were headed in our direction.

“So here’s how this is going to go. You get three fly by’s. One for each baby. The color smoke will tell you what it is.” Keith said.

I looked at Nikki and smiled. Leave it to Aiden to think of something awesome like this instead of the typical colored cake or something to let us know what the genders were.

“Roger that.” I said into the radio.

Nikki took my hand as the first plane neared and flew lower. As it was right over us, he put off a quick trail of smoke which was blue in color. Everyone cheered and then quieted down as the second plane neared. This time the smoke was pink. I was beyond excited to know that we were going to get the best of both worlds. I turned my attention back on the last airplane to find out what the third baby was going to be. I could tell the pilot of the last plane was Keith because he always had to be inverting the plane in some kind of way. He barrel rolled as he passed over us, a swirling trail of pink smoke fading out behind him.

“Poor little guy. He won’t stand a chance.” Mick said as everyone laughed.

“Well, looks like we both win and get mini me’s.” Nikki smiled as he kissed me.

“I’m so happy! I love you!” I told him.

“I’m happy too, baby. Love you.”

We took the party back inside and everyone started eating, chatting excitedly about the babies. People were suggesting names which I was definitely listening to because I had told Nikki I wasn’t even thinking about names until we found out what we were having. Now the fun could begin. I was honestly besides myself and more excited than I could ever express. I was starting to relax a little bit about the pregnancy though I was still doing exactly what I was told to do by my doctor. She said that anything could happen but as of right now things were looking perfect. Just four more months to go if I could make it which wasn’t likely with three. Thirty five weeks was our target date to make.

“Guys, I just wanted to thank everyone for making tonight awesome and helping Parker and myself celebrate. I know I am beyond excited and I can’t even imagine Parker’s excitement after being told for most of her life that she would never have kids. She has been a trooper about all of this so far and I know it was difficult for her to give up her job for the time being to ensure the safety of herself as well as our little girls and little boy. My first encounter with Parker was in a wrecked tour bus as most of you know, and I was in such a state that I had no idea what had happened or if I was even going to live, but as Parker fought to carry me back up a slanted bus to safety, one thought ran through my head above everything else and that was that there was something special about this girl. I couldn’t get her off of my mind and she was nice enough to keep a check on all of us as we recovered and our friendship grew but I wanted something more. I confessed my feelings to her a couple of nights after she lost everything she had and to my amazement, she confessed her feelings to me as well and that’s where we started. That thought that ran through my head that day on the bus is still in my head above everything else. Parker, you are a very special person and although I wish I could have had you my entire life, I’m glad you came along at this point in my life now that my ways and lifestyle aren’t quite so crazy and reckless. My love for you has only grown, Parker and I can’t imagine myself with anyone else. I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you, raising our kids.” Nikki said

My heart was racing as he pulled a small box from his pocket and slowly got down on one knee. I couldn’t stop the tears from filling my eyes as hard as I tried to fight them. I had never imagined that this was going to happen tonight or anytime in the near future.

“Parker, would you please make me the happiest and luckiest dad in the world and be my wife?”

The room was filled with ‘aww’s’ and whistles as I pushed myself up out of the chair I had been sitting in and crossed the room to Nikki. There was only one answer to his question and it was a no brainer.

“Yes, of course!”

My hands shook as he slid the most beautiful diamond ring on my finger and we had never talked about wedding rings so I had no idea how he managed to pick out exactly what I liked but he had. He stood up and wrapped his tattooed arms me and everybody and everything around me faded away. It was just me and Nikki and our unborn kids in that moment and life was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter coming up. Hope you've all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it...if anyone's made it this far...

XoXo