Status: Active

Fireproof

023

I eased myself down onto the couch and propped my feet up on the ottoman, the effects of the long day today finally catching up with me. Nikki and I had said I do earlier today and then spent the afternoon having a great time with our friends and family. Most of my day had consisted of sitting down with the occasional dance with Nikki or someone else, because I was nearing my thirty-five week mark and I felt as if I was about to pop. We were shocked that I had yet to go into labor and my doctor was too, but she kept a regular check on me and said as long as everything looked good we weren’t going to rush it. We were ready for them though whenever they did decide to make their appearance. The girl’s room was done and our little guy was going to take over Blaze’s old nursery now that Criss had moved back to his apartment.

“Feeling okay, baby?” Nikki asked as he sat down beside me to watch a movie, popcorn in hand.

“Yeah, I feel perfect consid---- fuck!” I was interrupted by rather strong foot to my ribs. My poor insides were taking a beating , especially my ribs and bladder.

“Whoa! I saw that kick through your shirt.” He chuckled.

“And that wasn’t even the one that hurt. Gah.”

“I’m sorry, love. It’s not funny. I’ll have a talk with them when they’re born. “

“It’s okay. I’m just sore. Let’s watch the movie.”

I glanced over at Tommy who was hanging out with us for a little bit. He was just sitting in the recliner staring off into space. He had been talking to a girl that he had fallen hard for not long after the gender reveal party and he had walked in on her cheating on him a few days ago, in his house and in what used to be his bed. I knew that pain all too well. He was taking it pretty hard and I felt so bad for him. He was one of the funnest, loving guys that I knew and I didn’t understand how any girl could be that cold hearted. I had told Nikki to make him stay with us for a bit. It wasn’t like we were going to be doing anything naughty tonight. We had had as much fun as we could while we could and the ‘wedding night fun’ and honeymoon would have to wait until after the kids were born. A somewhat complicated way of doing things, but it worked given our situation.

I looked at Nikki and made a sad face and he nodded. He didn’t like seeing Tommy in this state either.

“Tommy, come sit by me. Nikki doesn’t mind sharing.”

“Nah. It’s your wedding night and it’s bad enough that I’m crashing the place. I’m okay.”

I gave him the look as if to say ‘are you really arguing with me?’ and that was enough to get a small smile out of him and he joined us on the couch. I threw a blanket over myself and Nikki and got ready to watch the movie and of course one of the kids had to brush against my bladder and I suddenly had to go pee. Nikki tried to hide his chuckle as I got up and ran to the bathroom but he failed to do so. He thought me being miserable was funny but he had it coming when they babies were born. I barely made it to the bathroom and felt something wet and warm running down my legs, making me think me think that I hadn’t made it to the bathroom in time. The only thing wrong with that theory was that there was a huge puddle on the floor and I still felt like I had to pee. Just as the thought occurred to me that my water had broken, I begin to notice the slight cramping feeling that was building in my lower stomach.

“Nikki!” I yelled.

“Yeah babe? Did I forget to put the toilet seat down again?” He asked as he appeared in the doorway.

“No. I think it’s time.” I smiled.

His eyes got big as he realized what was happening. “Oh shit! Okay, the bags are in the closet right?”

“Yeah.”

Nikki calmly grabbed out bag and helped me changed while Tommy sat waiting for us in my truck. I was beyond excited as we headed to the hospital. I had no idea what my doctor was going to want to do as far delivering the babies because we had discussed naturally and by c-section. I didin’t really care either way and wanted whatever was best and least stressful on the babies. I was so ready to have them in my arms.

Tommy got us to the hospital quickly and the whole process began. They had barely gotten the three monitors on the babies and gotten an IV started when my doctor walked in smiling from ear to ear. After a quick check of everything she decided it would be best to go the c-section route because one of the babies was turned the wrong way. They needed time to get everything set up and then in about an hour or so, Nikki and I would be parents.

“Are you okay? Are you nervous?” Nikki asked after everything had settled down.

“No, I’m ready.” I smiled.

“Is there anything that does scare you or make you nervous?”

“Not really. Just the thought of losing you and these three kids coming without an instruction booklet.”

He chuckled. “I never read the instructions anyway. And losing me is the last thing you should be afraid of. “

“I know.”

The hour flew by quickly and it wasn’t long before they were taking me back to get started. Nikki wouldn’t be allowed to come back until they had actually started which I wasn’t happy about but rules were rules. Tommy was staked out in the waiting room ready to get pictures of Nikki trying to carry three babies when he walked out to take them to the nursery. Life was about to get crazy and I was so ready for it.

“Alright, Parker. We’re about to get started. Someone went to get Nikki.” The doctor said

“Okay.”

Within seconds Nikki was beside me, dressed in the scrubs they made him wear in the operating room. It was kind of weird seeing him in somewhat professional clothes with all of his tattoos showing. It was hard to imagine him in any other profession besides music. He didn’t look bad though.

“Are you okay, baby?” He asked, kissing my forehead.

“Never been better. It won’t be long now.” I smiled.

“I know. I can’t wait.”

Within fifteen minutes of them telling me they had started, we had one little girl. Number two followed a minute later and the little boy a minute after that. They were all three pretty small but all came out crying loudly which I was happy to hear. I couldn’t hide my tears as the three teams worked to get them cleaned off and make sure they weren’t going to have any breathing problems. Nikki, the photographer that he was, was over getting pictures of all three of them and although he had a mask on his face I could tell he had a huge smile on his face.

“Alright Mom and Dad. What are their names?” One of the nurses asked.

“Girl A is Aury Michelle, Girl B is Olivia Rose, and the little guy is Kellan Riot.”

“Well, they all look great so we are going to let you get them to the nursery so they can get them looked at and warmed up and then they’ll bring them back to mom while she is in recovery okay? Congratulations!”

I chuckled as the three nurses took turns handing him our three little miracles. He did a great job holding the three of them and they all quit crying almost at the same time. He walked over and bent down as far as he could so that I could see the three of them and they were absolutely beautiful. Riot definitely looked like Nikki and I thought the girls could go either way. They were healthy though and that’s all that mattered.

“I love you and I’ll see you in a few, okay? They’re beautiful, P. You did an amazing job.” Nikki smiled.

“I couldn’t have done it without you.” I smiled back.

I barely slept any that night knowing that my babies were down the hall in the nursery, but it was late by the time I got settled in a room and Nikki and I both needed a few hours of sleep before the real fun began. I got to hold and feed Aury and Riot though before the nursery took them back and Nikki had gotten to feed Olivia. It felt like I was living in the best dream that I had ever had before but the random sharp shooting pains that I was feeling every so often let me know that this was very much real life.

The day was filled with a lot of visitors wanting to meet the kids and Nikki couldn’t wait to introduce the kids to the rest of the world. Tommy got the pleasure of taking our first family picture of all of us and surprisingly all three babies had their eyes open. I may have been a bit biased but I thought we made a pretty damn good looking family. The awesome family moment was ended by Riot loudly filing his diaper.

“Okay, dude, that was just gross.” Tommy said.

“He’s yours Dad.” I laughed, looking at Nikki.

“Oh, I see how it’s going to be. That’s okay, Little Man. Daddy will take care of you.”

That night after everyone had come and gone, it was just Nikki and me with the babies. He was laying on the pull out bed with all three babies sleeping soundly on his chest. I still couldn’t believe that an ordinary day at work had crossed my path with that of such an amazing person. I never expected that someone like him would go for a simple girl like me but here we were newly married and new parents. We had a long life to live together now and three little one to help through today’s crazy world. I knew we were in for a lot of trying times and a lot of good times, but one was for sure, life was perfect right now and I wouldn’t have traded it for anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!! Thanks for hanging in there with me if you did!

XoXo