For Once I'm the Star!

People Like You

He threw me into a pool... The asshole threw me into the pool! Granted he gave me a choice, but still, he threw me into a pool. Thank god my phone is still in my car.
————————————————————-
"Hello," an heavily accented voice pierced through my unfocused thoughts. Looking up, warm, gooey chocolate brown eyes met my gaze.

"Hey"... How much awkward can I get?

"I'm Denis," his voice, tainted with his thick accent, was just as warm as his eyes.

"Carly, that's my name." Great job, Carly! You can tell people your name!

Chuckling softly he spoke again, "It's nice to meet you, Carly." Oh the way the words just rolled off his tongue was intoxicating.

"The pleasure is all mine," I tried my hardest not to blush as I smiled and replied. Like always, I failed miserably, and it was apparently very obvious. I tried to recover from being so miserably awkward while he smiled and laughed softly again.

"So, uh, what d-do you like to do?" I stumbled over such simple words. Who was this Denis, that could make a confident girl like me feel like an imbecile?

"I mainly spend time with my band, either working on new songs or just hanging with them."

"That's nice... This is different for me, I've never known anybody in a band." God, Carly! You think he cares who you know, or in this case, don't know?

"Wow... So I'm the first band member you've ever met?"

"Yeah. I like to watch the movie rather than be the star of it," it's drama-free and you live a simple life... Nothing too chaotic, besides rush hour. Poor thing, he looked so lost.

"It's my way of saying that I don't want to be famous. I'm not about that life." I explained.

"Oh, I see. So what do you like to do?" He inquired, blushing soft, and rubbing his neck, his cheeks the color of the sunrise.

"I like to read, watch Sherlock, sleep and eat... Nothing extravagant." I laughed slightly.

"I don't normally meet people like you, this is quite different from most interactions that I experience." He rubbed his neck again, faltering over his words. Wow... What does that mean, people like me?

"People like me?" I'm sure my voice sounded just as judgmental as my face.

"Sorry, I,uh, didn't mean it, uh, that way. I meant people that treat band members like other people, not like freaking out."

I laughed slightly, "Would you like me to start freaking out? I can if you want, but frankly, you're all just people making a living for yourself. You are not any different than me except for your life style."

"Well, I enjoy it. It's, uh, a nice difference." He blushed deeper, his cheeks and ears turning the color of red ripe strawberries in the middle of July.

"I bet... What's the touring life like? Partying, sleeping, eat, perform." Genuinely, I was curious.

"You should come sometime. It's a very nice experience."

I laughed and retorted, " I'll tour when I'm rich and famous."

Smiling, he then said, "No, I'm serious! My next tour you're coming with us, you'll have fun!" I laughed slightly, to which he started to blush.

"You're so cute when you blush!" I smirk... Oh god what did I just say?! Did I seriously just say that?!

"Stop! Don't say those things!" He smiled.

"Why not? I mean you're completely adorable!" I laughed. He walked up to me calmly and wrapped his arms around me picking me up and carrying me to the pool

"I'll throw you into the pool, if you don't stop!" He threatened. I clung to him, almost being able to climb up his body.

"You can't do that! I'll melt!" I falsely reasoned.

"Last time I checked you weren't a witch"

"And when was the last time you checked?"

He chuckled and held me over the pool, "Take it back! Take it back or I'll throw you in the pool!"

Clinging to him tighter, I muttered, "I take it back! You're not adorable or cute!" Sighing, Denis gently set me back on my feet again. I slid away from him to put some distance between us.

"You're right! You're adorabubble!" I grinned, and ran away. It only took him two steps to recover the ground that had been lost. He wrapped his arms around me yet again and picked me up... I could get used to this not gonna lie.

"Now you're in for it!" He chortled before whispering in my ear, "I won't throw you in if you don't want me to."

"I don't really care! Throw me in the pool or don't, you're the one who has to do all the work," I laughed. Joining me in laughing, he threw me into the pool... Little did I realize that it wasn't heated. The water was ice cold.

Immediately standing up, I shivered, "Holy shit, it's cold as balls in here!" He grinned an evil grin. Suddenly, I remembered a ball tonight. How sweet revenge tasted!

"Here, come help me out of the pool!" I quivered, holding my hands out in front of me. He took my hands in his, and before he could realize what was going on, I pulled him into the pool.

"Hey! That's against the rules!" He emerged from the water.

"Really? I didn't do anything, besides try and get out, how is that against the rules?"
I smiled innocently.

"Whatever. You're right though, this pool is a bit nippy." And in that moment I looked down at my outfit and realized that my t-shirt was completely soaked and if I hadn't been wearing a bra, you would've been able to see me nipping out.

"Yeah... So, uh, there's this ball tonight, and I, um, was wondering, if you'd be my date, unless you have a girlfriend or boyfriend of course." I rambled. He grinned wider and wider with each word, until the end when he started laughing. Oh great, now I'm a comedian!

"Carly, it would be my pleasure to be your date. Don't worry about the whole girlfriend thing, I don't have one yet.

Is this his version of a joke? Not show up, when I'm standing here in a godforsaken prom dress equivalent. At least my boobs look good! Finally, two hours after the initial start of the dance, he came up and showed himself.

Rubbing the back of his neck he spoke apologetically, "Sorry, I'm late. The band wanted to go out to eat after rehearsal."

"It's fine, I don't really care." Oh how his face light up with the light of a thousand tiny moons.

"You look really good, if you don't mind me saying." To that I laughed... If only he knew what it took to make my boobs look this great!

"Thanks, you clean up nicely as well." He blushed, and smiled before opening into a shallow bow.

"Can I have this dance?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So I'm new to this site, this is my first story on this site, and I hope you like it! If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or criticism, please comment and tell me! Thanks!
~BandLover