Status: Neck deep in Kylo trash

The Sound of Silence

Desperation

Please…

I sat before the crumbling mask of my grandfather, head in my hands. I had never felt so lost. Everything was crumbling around me, with recent events making me feel backed into a corner. I wanted, no, I needed Darth Vader’s guidance.

My tutelage of Jami was in shambles. Her power grew each day. I should be proud of her leap and pounds, her abilities unlocked as she grew closer to the Dark Side. But watching her train, feeling the thick, strong influence of the Force flow through her with such intensity set my nerves on edge.

Earlier in the week, Jami requested some live targets on which to test her new abilities. Captain Phasma was obligated to supply us with soldiers. Jami demanded they be brought in one at a time, and that the captain watch the results. The first soldier stood at attention, unarmed as per Jami’s orders. I stood beside Phasma and waited.

Jami walked in circles around the trooper, hands clasped behind her back. She appeared to be sizing it up, her gaze calculated, yet calm. After a while, she stopped directly in front of where it stood. Jami’s eyes narrowed in concentration, but nothing happened.

For a long while, I stood fuming beside Phasma, whom I was sure was not pleased to be having her soldiers being taken from duty for Jami’s amusement. I certainly was not pleased to be made out to be the fool in front of Hux’s trusted advisor. I was about to cut Jami off when it happened.

The moan echoed eerily in the chamber.

The Stormtrooper began to quiver, beginning at the knees and hands before the trembling rocked its entire frame. Jami took a step forward, and the trooper leapt backwards away from her.

“How are you doing this?” The male voice was airy and frightened, even through the helmet’s communication system.

Jami remained silent; her only response was a slight tilt of her head, which made the man scream.

“Please!” He begged. “I can’t take it anymore! Make it stop! Make it stop!”

He collapsed to the floor, clutching at his head. His screams reverberated off the walls. Jami’s hand moved to her hip, drawing my replacement saber. It sprang to life in her hand. With a flash of red, the screams ceased.

The room felt heavy in the silence. I kept my gaze fixed on Jami, even after she sheathed the saber and returned it to its holster. Her features were clouded with emotions, her brows drawn in what I could only ascertain was disappointment. Jami walked away from the body, her lips forming silent words spoken only to herself.

“Bring the next one in, Captain.” Jami ordered robotically. With a bow of her head, Captain Phasma strode from the room, careful to avoid Jami’s own bloodstained footprints.

“Apologies, Master Ren,” Jami muttered darkly. “I moved much to quickly for the kill, didn’t allow the Fear to fester long enough.”

My skin broke out in gooseflesh at her closeness, her raw power exciting and terrifying me in equal measure.

“I can do better,” Jami mumbled to herself. “I can make it last longer.”

The memory caused me to shudder. I struggled to return my focus to the crumbling visage of my grandfather. The helm sat in atop of alter I had created for him, nestled amongst the ashes of my fallen enemies. Tributes to Darth Vader’s legacy, I told myself. My grandfather was strong, stronger than me for certain. And stronger than Jami.

But Jami grew stronger every day. I craved her power. Craved her resolve, her unwavering connection to the Dark Side. She showed it with every demonstration of her strength, with every practice kill.

Jami’s showcases only grew more gruesome. The saber through the heart was the most merciful of Jami’s kills. The cleanest by far. The next victim of her developing Force Fear was paralyzed by terror as Jami sliced away the hands and feet before watching the soldier bleed out, a discreet smirk etched in her features. Another tried to beg Jami for release, and she allowed him to scream until his vocal cords tore before she dispatched him. She inflicted terror so fiercely without physical attachment to the victim, without even raising an arm to channel the flow of the Force through. Her manipulation of the Force occurred entirely in her mind. Not even I was that strong.

I had to remind myself what I was doing, sitting before Vader. I shook my head once again, turning my focus back to the troubling thoughts that swirled constant within my mind.

After dismissing Jami this morning, I was to interrogate some recently acquired Republic-sympathizers for information on the Resistance, including the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker and the scavenger, Rey. As entertaining, and disturbing, as it was to watch Jami slaughter Stormtrooper after Stormtrooper, eventually our training sessions for the day would end, leaving Jami some amount of leisure time. I had other matters to attend to other than Jami’s training. I was still the right hand of the Supreme Leader. I still out-ranked Hux. I still held power and influence in the First Order, and that garnered me certain responsibilities.

Intel into the Resistance’s movements gathered, I made my way to the communication chamber where all of my meetings with Snoke took place. Two guards were posted outside the doors, as usual. I brushed past them, only to have the doors remain closed. I bristled with irritation.

“Open the doors,” I seethed. “I have business with the Supreme Leader.”

The guards exchanged looks, but neither moved to open the door.

“I advise you,” I growled slowly and deliberately. “To open the doors as commanded.”

Before I could even finish my sentence, the doors slid open. The scene within made my heart clench in rage, confusion, and fear. Jami was walking out of the chamber, obviously winded and sweating. Her eyes found mine, despite my helmet, and I knew instantly everything was wrong. The flickering projection of Supreme Leader Snoke cast a glow behind Jami’s approaching figure, coming into full view as she bowed before me.

“Master Ren,” Jami toned, rising again and stepping out of my way. “The Supreme Leader is eagerly awaiting your report.”

My voice caught in my throat, and I merely shoved past Jami to enter the chamber. The doors slide shut behind me.

“You’re angry,” Snoke observed. “And fearful.”

“What was Jami doing here without me?” I blurted, releasing the latch on my helmet and tossing it aside. I couldn’t breath with it on. The air within it had grown stifling.

Snoke hummed to himself, settling back into his chair. His ancient, cold eyes tore into mine. I couldn’t help but look away. Snoke began to speak.

“Jami is a part of the New Awakening in the Force,” Snoke explained. “I know you have felt it. We must continue to adapt to the new will of the Dark Side. And the Dark Side wills Jami to be strong and power. We must harness that power for what needs to be done.”

What needs to be done…

What was it that needed to be done? I stared into the crumbling eyes of Lord Vader’s helm. The Resistance needed to be crushed, to bring Order back to the Galaxy. The ideals of the Galactic Empire needed to be reinstated in government. But where did the Force come into all of this? The Dark Side was the superior power of the Force, and the Jedi fought against what was best for the Galaxy. But Snoke and I could conquer the Galaxy on our own. What did Jami and her power have to do with anything? Why was Snoke, who held closely the ideals of the old Sith, choose to reject one of their most revered doctrine when he took on Jami as his second apprentice?

I exhaled loudly, screwing my eyes shut tightly.

Please…

I was afraid. And fear made me weak. But Vader, he was strong. He was unafraid. I searched with all my might for his spirit echoing through the Force.

Please, Grandfather I prayed to the void. Guide me. Show me the way back.

And for the first time, I felt something.

A jolt of energy brought me to my feet. And suddenly, I was walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
I PROMISE I'LL WRITE MORE OF THIS AND THE OTHER ONE ON HERE I PROMISE TO WRITE MORE okay? okay.