Status: This is not a fan fiction, just a fiction I wrote. However, I used the name Jacoby because of the lead singer from Papa Roach.

Alone, Not Lonely

Alone, Not Lonely

It’s 11:30pm and the moon is high in the sky and so is Jacoby; high out of his mind that is. Jacoby is a 16 year old adolescent who has been diagnosed with Conduct Disorder. Jacoby had just run out of his house about thirty minutes ago from an argument with his dad. He ran off to the local park and sat down on a bench that was in complete darkness. The crickets were chirping and the lights from the stars were in a distant. Jacoby was shaking with anger, his heart was pounding and he was cussing out loud to himself. He took heavy steps down the dark park path.

“Fuck him! He never listens to me!” Jacoby yells out loud to himself with anger.

Jacoby reached down and opened his backpack that he had brought with him. He grabbed his Bic lighter and a joint he had rolled earlier in his bedroom. He lit up and started to calm down.

Inhale
Exhale

The end of the joint was the only light that was visible in the darkness. His eyes were adjusting to the night sky and he started to think back to his childhood. His blood was starting to boil again as he thought about his dad and how he is an alcoholic and never visits him.

Jacoby finishes his joint and throws it down on the sand by the park slide. He gets up and heads down the path even further into the night. He comes across a no trespassing sign by the train tracks and continues walking. He’s been in this spot before. Old cigarette butts are littered around the area. All of them are his. Out of his bag he grabs his blue and yellow spray paint and finds an open space on the cargo train. He spends most of the night there and doesn’t think about coming home anytime soon. He has no intention of going to school and could care less.

It was the night before the first day of grade 11 for Jacoby and he didn’t want to go to school the next morning. He didn’t want to wake up early, he didn’t want to be told what to do, or sit with a bunch of people he never liked. It was a constant cycle for Jacoby in school. It wasn’t until grade 10 where things started to get out of hand for Jacoby’s attendance in school. He started skipping almost every class and would run off at lunch time to get high. He would lie saying he was in class, and lie about getting his homework finished. Jacoby had a short temper with his classmates and teachers. Little things would set him off and cause a lot of disruption. Jacoby has been caught starting fires in the woods, painting graffiti art on trains, and breaking into cars.

As a young child Jacoby loved recess. However, he always seemed to be the one to pull girls hair, throw stones, or never allow anyone else on the swings. It was his way or the highway. Jacoby had a difficult childhood. His family grew up in a lower income housing area and he didn’t have a lot of toys or play ideas. He had to find his own things to do and most of the time he would find trouble. The family used to have a dog, and as a child Jacoby would throw rocks at him, and physically abuse the animal until it got out of hand. They had to remove the dog from the house. He had a lot of confusion and loss in his life at such a young age. His family was in a severe car accident and it caused his mother and older brother to lose their life. Jacoby was only six when the accident happened. As a result Jacoby’s father disconnected and turned to alcohol to relieve the pain. Jacoby was moved into a foster home where he struggled with making friends. He didn’t like being taken away from his home as he felt it was imperative to stay with his father because it was the only immediate family he had at that time. He missed his mother and older brother. One day they were gone and he never saw them again. As he got a little older, he became the school bully. He mostly didn’t have any patience for the children who had perfect families.