Status: One Story At A Time

The Stories That Once Were!

An UnHappy Wedding

"You look beautiful, your highness..."

"A diamond like no other..."

"I can't believe you're getting married already! Oh, my little baby is growing up so fast!"

"She is something else..."

Pleasantries. Sonya didn't have time for them. It was the day of her wedding, her coronation; and all they had done so far, was gawk over the amazing dress, Madame Lisa had made for her. She had to admit, it was radiant, maybe too beautiful for someone like her to pull it off; with her skinny pale body, and blushed cheeks, bright sea green eyes, and long blonde hair, who wouldn't? But it wasn't the dress that had her thinking hard; it was the one she was going to marry.

"Prince Troy is getting ready, as we speak..."

Yes, Troy. The man who thinks had stolen her heart; the one who thinks he's good enough to be her husband...the one who Sonya wanted to see...die a brutal death. How her parents could arrange such a terrible fate upon her, was beyond her wildest dreams. Sure, she is a Princess, but surely she could ask for a second chance to gather her thoughts...but no...it was tradition...it wasn't the way. She had to do this, for her Kingdom, for her family, for herself. Even if Troy could care less about what she had planned; he had simply stated he would take care of everything. Those sea green eyes looked towards the snow white bird that sat perched on a tree, decorated nicely with white roses. It looked at its Mistress, understanding her pain, and knowing that it could do nothing to change things. A small silver dagger was placed in one of her stockings; she did this without the maids looking, and smirked inwardly. A knock on the door, caused the conversations to cease.

"It's time. Princess, are you ready?"

The Princess and the bird shared another small glance, before the young woman turned around, a plastered fake smile twitching on her lips, "I'm ready."

Her arm was soon tucked under her father's, as she was given a small bouquet of white roses. The king gave her a bright smile, happy that his daughter found someone she would love and cherish until death; little did he know, what his daughter really wanted to do with her life; was be free.

~~

The walk down the aisle wasn’t too much to the Princess, though all of the happy smiling faces told her they all were enjoying it. Some gawked at the long gown she wore, and the way the bouquet of white roses went well with it. If it wasn’t the people she had noticed, it was the man standing at the podium, with the Priest, who was also in high spirits. The Prince Troy, stood proud and dignified, in his starched white tuxedo, a black bowtie completing the outfit, as his jet black hair was combed that made him look handsome, the Princess could admit. Don’t get too caught up in his looks, you know who he really is, a dark thought rang through her head, and she clenched her teeth, biting back the vile that flooded to her throat; from which she swallowed back. The thought was right, and she knew it; this could be the last day or night for the Prince; but what he doesn't know, won’t hurt him...much.

A dark smirk in the Princess’ mind, soon flew to her lips, and just as their eyes met; her sea green ones, with the Princes’ bright red ones, the smirk faltered to a small fake smile. He might think he has everything he ever wanted, but he would be wrong.

Her father soon let her go, allowing her to stand beside her husband to be, who took her hand gently, giving her a wide smile; to which she kept the fake smile dancing on her lips. Oh, he’s smiling now, but soon he’ll be cowering in fear of his new wife.

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.”

Sonya’s throat burned, but she quickly swallowed, and turned to the large group of people, all with smiles on their faces; not one wore a frown or disgusted expression, except her. She turned back to the Priest, who raised an eyebrow towards her, but she nodded for him to continue.

They both were told to face each other, holding both of their hands gently, as the Priest continued. “Princess Sonya, will you love and honour Prince Troy, in marriage all the days of your life?”

“I do.” That smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, as she spoke the two words with fake love.

“And do you, Prince Troy, love and honour Princesses Sonya, in marriage all the days of your life?”

The Prince turned his gaze towards the Princess, and smirked, “Of course, I do.”

A few chuckles in the crowd echoed throughout the large ballroom.

“Bring the goblets, if you please?”

A young boy, with short blonde hair and wearing the royal clothing of the bearer, walked up quickly, with a tray, and two goblets full of a creamy nectar sat atop it; the liquid gleaming in the dim light of the ballroom.

The Priest took them from the boy, thanking him silently, before handing one to Princess Sonya, and the other, to Prince Troy.

“You are to drink the royal nectar, in promises of being together until death. Do you both promise?”

The two nodded, “We do.”

The Priest nodded, and they both took the goblets, and drank the nectar slowly. The Princess felt this was much better than using some metal to symbolize their love, since it wasn’t half the truth of her promise; she drank with pride, and hope her plan works. Once they were both finished, the Priest took the goblets, and placed them down, before taking both of their hands, and joining them together.

“I now pronounce you, Wife and Husband. You may now kiss the bride.”

This was the part the Princess knew she’d hate forever. Prince Troy didn’t waste time crashing his lips into hers, causing her to grunt silently; since it was a bit rough on his part. The kiss lasted for a second, as Sonya pulled back quickly, allowing Prince Troy to give her a worried expression. She shook her head, giving him a convincing smile of assuredness, before everyone in the room burst into applause and cheers.

Holding his hand, Princess Sonya looked out at the large crowd, and gave her best smile; knowing she’d go back to the dull expression she wore, before she even walked into the room. There wouldn’t be much time, when everyone will remember this day, and what was to come.

~~

Night didn't fall quick enough, tension grew so much until it was released right as the ceremony ended. Cheering didn't meet a cease even as the newly wedded couple shown themselves out. A party was to be held in their honor the following night... or was it? Endless supplies of decorations continued to fall all over with happiness and on cue. People believe me to be naive but the whole crowd will never know what's coming, Sonya thought as she waved emotionlessly to everyone she passed.

Eventually, they were both in a carriage, and began to gap the distance from the castle and the cheers. Silence didn't fall because all around was celebration, "They all seem so happy... Am I making the right choice?"

Clutters and clunks knocked on the carriage wheels, which seemed to push the only two in the passenger side closer. Close behind, were the old heirs trailing their young lavishes with encouragement and hope for a better future. The horses only seemed to be doing a very well done job, by trotting in union as if this was all planned. As they neared Troy's castle, music began to come into amplitude, and before they knew it they were walking into Sonya's loveless future.

As if the dream weren't real enough, Sonya has lived a luxurious life but the unamused self within her smiled. She continuously doubted she'd be happy because love was not here at all, just money and tradition. Convincing herself before it was too late, she didn't want to actually be wrapped into this by the way Troy's castle looked. Her posture followed as of a young and lustful little girl who just found her treasures in a sleepless dream! But her mind frowned on all the servants and rooms they trailed through. Each gave the sense of Troy's belongings and had a distasteful effect on her tongue. Right in front of her tongue was her lips which kept like crisp afternoon lamb but soon will leak downward like extra rare steak.

Their hands didn't depart a second after they left the ballroom and Sonya's heart didn't nearly stop sinking. It sank, and sank, and sank deeper... but it arose a very little bit each time they stepped closer to Sonya's moment of truth. She questioned herself but didn't tremble. Her eyes didn't stop flashing around, and acted as the ocean, to see everything.

She wanted to close her eyes for a moment and just rethink all what happened. She had just got married, there was to be another party, she didn't want this. She wasn't ready for this, what is love? How will she ever successfully put her "love" to ashes, her life was given away, where was it going from here? She wanted to just curl up like she used to in her Nanny's lap. Although even that was a bad thought, Nanny was dead now. Sonya's foot hit the sparkling floor hard, hard enough to make the cleanness jump itself. But they kept on, room after room. Until they come to a stop at a doorway.

The Prince let his wife's hand go in a direction indicating her to sit. The doorway was big enough for the both of them to stand in the double doorway, a stunning image. Servants didn't shower this room particularly, only a few haunted the interior. Sonya stepped once in hesitation that was catchable by the eye. Which was followed up by a spin in her flawless dress to cover her tiny fault. Her smiles was unbearably angelic which even caught all the servant's eyes in the room. Then her next steps were positive ones which overcame all, and sat herself down."Now is the time" She thought.

The room's size was medium and of fair height. Instead of a smaller version of a chandelier, other light necessities lit up the room. As Sonya’s eyes fluttered she caught where all the light in this room was coming from. A torch on the wall, a series of glass and mirrors hung nearly around it enlightening the room. This was an example of the finest engineering in Troy’s Castle- still not good enough for Sonya. Furniture acted as decor on top of the real decor. Colors like brown, red, green, and bluish-yellow filled the place. Brown walls, red and blue carpets, bluish-yellow glass windows, green plants in fancy vases and pots. These all combined to make this room... the private room. Once the Prince started in after Sonya found herself a seat the servants knew their role and filed out- the few of them here. They closed both double doors behind them and sought to linger around no longer- they were gone within seconds. There was a silence followed by the flickering of the fire on the torch. Then the tapping of Troy's fancy wedding shoes toward Sonya. Then it stopped about five feet away, then turned toward another seat right directly across from the newly wedded bride and sat.

The whole time Sonya's eyes continued to flash, they were now alone. The olden heirs had departed after arrival at Sonya's new home, the servants were gone on their ways, the Prince... sat right in front of her. This was her moment, she didn't make eye contact but her back didn't bend either. She wasn't reaching for anything hostile , and why she did not know. The only war right now was in her head, in her mind, in her soul's fate. The Prince gazed at her almost in confusion but with slight malice, they were finally together alone. To talk about what will be done next. Tradition was to talk right after marriage, become humble, "and this was the time to act as if you could finally fall in love".

Everything else though was arranged, but love is not. She didn't want to act as if her man in shining armor was before her. Sonya so was willing to take the chance to pierce the armor so heavily at it's weakest moment. Her real man in shining armor could never be pierced, but she knew that this time she wouldn't be testing it. She was convinced to disabling this fraud from her life.

The Prince's distorting words then spoke to her, "My wife, we are finally wedded! Found not your words? Your smile is heavy with scenery..."

"I... I..."

"I what?" questioned Troy. “We were meant to be together, your silly little fantasies of otherwise will not come true.”

Then Troy paused, “What are you looking at me like that for?”

"I'm sorry..." Sonya bend all the way over in her seat as her hand fiddled for her melee craftsman. She looked like she was either barfing on her shoes or just completely ducking in her seat. Her body stayed in this position for a good couple seconds as her hands shook and her mind raffled thoughts around. Aren't things like this this supposed to be silent...Why couldn’t I have been born a peasant? Hurry up!

The Prince's voice came right quick after her sudden movement "Sorry for what Sonya?" his voice thickening. He even started to stand in confusion. As he lifted himself from the chair he repeated it again, "Sorry. For. Wha-!"

Then it struck him, pain. It hit Sonya, mentally. Through a window from behind the prince, shot an arrow, right into his back. Like a swift stallion prancing in the gale, the sound of it soundt thick enough to convince anyone that you were taking an axe to a pig. But what were the newly wedded doing cutting pigs? They weren't, Troy's limbs went motionless and his body hit the floor. Almost crashing into Sonya's head. This alarmed her so much her hands stiffened and yanked out her utility and she stood up and ran from around the fancy chair and to the back wall. Until she noticed she could have just ran to the door to the left, How stupid!

Another arrow shot through the same hole, and ran itself rigid two feet from Sonya into the wall. Her knife was now in her hand as her only defense. Then, there was tapping... on the window- the window cracked open! Being the time of day was about night, you'd think it was the perfect time for a showdown like this. In hopped 3 gentlemen in dark clothing, all black clothing with masks on. Sonya wasn't that simple minded and she didn't shake, she wasn't shaking earlier, and she wasn't about to start trembling now. Her ground was stood in a wedding dress which flattered no one and her weapon in attack position. Her feet stood in union with her arms defenses stance. All the men that hopped in, looked surprised, but didn't hesitate with taking up the prince's body and beginning to leave. Sonya didn't go after them nor try to recognize them. Then one of them spoke, after the prince's body was shoved out the window "Should we take her?" The voice was gruff but young.

Then came a response from the tallest one of the group, "No. She'll stay to get what she deserves for this." Then he looked down, shifted his foot back and forth on the carpet harshly for a second; then they were gone.

It had happened so fast!

Sonya's posture flopped, and she fell to the floor stunned. Her green sea eyes started to grow larger and larger in realization. Then she clicked and shot her head up, she started for the window. What was she supposed to do!?

She started to the window, and something caught her eye; blood, where the prince's body just was. She ran over to the window cautiously and anxiously, whereupon she leaned out. This was the first time she actually noticed how high off the ground they were. Before, she was just waiting to carry out her plan, but now she was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Every thing she was about to do, she didn't do. She swerved again and again, then came back to the window, panting heavily. How did those men get away with her husband's body!?

She put one foot on the window seal in hesitation, then spotted a hay stack on the ground below. The roof on the outside of the window slanted downwards, enough for someone to go up, and someone else to go down. She was sure this is how those men made their way around, but how did they know about all of this, and exactly where to find this room?

The double doors slammed open, revealing a few servants. Their faces were stolen with shock, the blood on the floor, the knife in the princess's hand, the broken window, and now she was trying to get away. Where was the prince?!

"Guards..." One of the servants were able to mumble in shock. "Guards..."

He repeated, without taking his wide eyes off of the newly wedded Sonya, who now looked a mess. Her face was distressed, and her dress’ ends were tinted a little bit on the red side. Her hair was no longer in it's beautiful high fashion, but fallen to her shoulders and beyond. She almost looked like she was a witch, about to catapult into the night on her broom.

"GUARDS! Ohh.." One of the servants fainted, and the other turned, and ran off screaming "GUARDS!"

In less than a minute, Sonya heard footsteps hustling toward the room. She now had to shut her eyes, and just lunge out the window in despair. When the flock rushed into the room, all they saw was a white dress flying out the window.

Sonya could only think of how everything was her fault. Her husband was dead and MISSING, and it was her fault! Those servants just witnessed a lie... or at least the truth, she now looked guilty. She had to do away with the knife, she had to get out of this dress, she was in trouble! What would her parents think? It wouldn't be long before word got out, only in a matter of days. But who would really think she did away with her husband? They just got married and she loved h-. But no... she didn't love him… though no one had to know that, and no one did. From behind her she heard shouting out the window from high above.

She had rolled off the roof, and dropped into the hay pile safely, she questioned why it was even there. Although now wasn't the time for that, she stripped of the dress, which revealed of a more casual running outfit. Something she'd do her daily exercise in, the heat all released on the ground now. It was getting hot having to pack both outfits and still look pretty. But right now, she felt like she knew this would happen, as if it was planned.

She was even prepared to run for her life, which was happening right now. Soon, if she got caught, her life would be gone instantly. She tossed the knife aside, with the dress, and ran blindly, like a lost child. She didn't know where she was going, but she had to get help for the better of her life. She didn't know how, but she wasn't going to stand around to think about it. She was gone, like a precious thief in the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit goes to the artist of this amazing painting: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BiK-uEH0EZc/Vqdqi_rUwGI/AAAAAAAAPF0/nEM59RJchx0/w346-h489/whitepeacock%2Bdress.jpg

Tell me what you think.