Boys From the South

Hey, Do you remember me, I’m the one that broke your heart

“Kris!” I hear Aaron’s voice boom as he enters my hotel room.

“In the bathroom.” I yell from my spot in the jetted tub. He walks into the bathroom with a smirk on his lips. “Water is still warm if you want to get in and join me.”

“Sadly we don’t have time.” He says as he sits on the edge of the tub. “A bunch of players are going out and you’re invited.”

“I’m sure you guys want to escape the reporters not invite them to party with you.” I chuckle. “I’m perfectly fine staying in. I had a busy day.”

“And that’s why you need to relax and let loose.” He chuckles. “Come on Kris. I miss you. We don’t spend enough time together anymore. I miss going out with you.”

A sigh escapes my lips, “fine I’ll go. Only because you’re too fucking adorable when you pout.”

**

“I’m going to go get a drink, I’ll be right back.” I tell Aaron twenty minutes after we got there. As much as I love football, I’m getting sick of hearing of past winning plays and all of that. I’ve got all season to hear about plays. I want at least tonight to be free of football talk.

“Be careful okay?” He asks. I just smile before kissing his lips and getting off his lap. As I walk away, I feel eyes on me but shake it off. It’s something I have to get used to if I’m going to be an ESPN corresponder.

“What can I get you doll face?” The blonde haired female bartender asks me as I sit down at the bar.

“Alabama Slammer.” She nods, smirking at me before turning around to work on my drink.

“Still drinking the same thing since you were a teen, huh?” A voice behind me asks. I don’t have to turn around to know it’s AJ. “Aaron doesn’t know does he?” I feel him sit down on my left side. “You didn’t tell Aaron about us, did you?”

“What’s there to say?” I ask. “Nothing happened between us. But no, Aaron doesn’t know that we grew up together. It’s not a big deal.”

“We were more than friends and you know it.” He argues. “We were heading straight towards a relationship.”

“And you blew it.” I start. “No Amber blew it, my bad.”

“Kris that was five years ago, when will you let it ago?”

“Probably never.” I shrug as the bartender sets my drink down in front of me. “Seriously go back to the rest of the boys. I don’t need you to watch over me and try and get me to forgive you.”

“I just want us to be friends again, that’s it.” He informs me. “I’m perfectly happy with my girlfriend.”

“Yea I heard, Former Miss Alabama; nice.”

“Please can we at least be friends,” he begs. “Believe it or not, you were my best friend at some point.”

A sigh escapes my lips, “I’ll think about it…”

“In Kristen’s language, that means no.” AJ just sighs before getting off the barstool and start walking back to the guys. I pick up my drink and down half of it before putting it back down.

“It looks like you’re going to need another one soon.”

“With the night I’m about to have, I’m going to need a lot more than just two…”

**

“I have something to ask you,” Aaron starts as we get ready for bed. “How do you know AJ McCarron?”

My heart skips a beat. This is the question I’ve been trying to avoid. “What makes you think I know him?”

“You guys were talking when Eric and I were interviewing each other. I know you weren’t interviewing any more people. So I assumed you guys knew each other.”

“My dad used to be his football coach in high school.” Not a lie. “He remembers seeing me at old games and thought it would be cool to catch up.”

“You didn’t look happy about it though.” Aaron looks confused and I almost feel guilty for lying to him. Even if it such a small lie.

“He was kind of a jerk to me back then. It didn’t end well between us.” Again not a complete lie. “It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“If he bothers you let me know, okay?” I love when he gets all protective. It’s kind of sexy.”

“I will do my white knight,” I smile as I go up to him and wrap my arms around his neck. “I love you, you know that right?”

“I love you too.” He smiles before kissing me with such love. I can feel my stomach churn; guilty is really setting in. I wonder how long I can lie to Aaron about my true relationship with AJ….
♠ ♠ ♠
Kris

Chapter Title Credit: When We Were Young by The Sweet Remains

I don't envy Kris. She has to eventually pick between two gorgeous guys.

Image
Image

Nope, don't envy her.

Anyway want to be a character? Kris could use some non-football player friends... Message me if you are interested.