Anything Goes

Introduction

As we’re preparing for tonight’s show, I see my friend Amber walk in with her boyfriend Rob. While all the girls in the room freak out over Amber’s presence; all the boys on my crew freak out over Rob. Rob Gronkowski can’t go anywhere without getting noticed. He is the tight end on the New England Patriots. To me, he’s just Amber’s sometimes annoying boyfriend.

“Gracie!” I hear Rob’s voice boom over the sound of my band playing my song Kiss Me. “Get your ass down here!”

“I’m working.” I say into the microphone. “Unlike some of us.”

“Camp starts next week.” He counters as him and Amber make their way onto the stage. Amber smiles and pulls me into a hug,

“I miss your face.” I tell her as she pulls away. “Do you have to travel with him?”

“Package deal.” Amber smirks as Rob invades my personal space and pulls me into a backbreaking hug.

“Not that I don’t love seeing you, Amber, but what are you doing here?” I ask my friend.

“I know that you just broke up with Aaron and I think I have someone that could easily take his place.” She gives me an innocent smile, only causing me to groan. I know she means well but I hate when she hooks me up with people. “He’s a great guy, GraceLynn.”

“He’s a football player isn’t he?” I ask, despite already knowing the answer to that. “Amber, I don’t date football players.”

“He’s not like most.” Rob defends him. “He got drafted to the team last year.”

“So he’s a teammate.” I sigh. “Guys, I’m fine. I don’t need a guy to complete my life.”

“Just give him a chance?” Amber pleas. “Jimmy is really sweet and you’ll actually like him.”

“If he’s on the same team as Gronk, I’ll pass.” I sternly tell them. “Now if you don’t mind, I’ve got a soundcheck to get back to.” Amber just frowns before her and Rob disappear backstage. I know she means well but I’m honestly not ready to commit myself to any just yet. Especially a football player.
♠ ♠ ♠
quick introduction.