Anything Goes

Folder Marked Douchenozzle

As the dinner goes on, I find that Amber and Rob was right; he’s not like most football players. He’s not cocky, egotistical or a party animal. He’s sweet, funny and has the cutest dimples I have ever seen in my life. But if I say anything of this to Amber; she’ll never let me live it down.

“So GraceLynn, tell me about yourself?” Jimmy asks just as Amber and Rob excuse themselves from the table. “I feel like I’ve been doing most of the talking.”

“Football is a lot more interesting than what I do.” I chuckle.

“Being a singer has to have its perks.” He smiles. God, that smile.

“I get to tour the world, doing what I love.” I smile. “Nothing beats going to foreign land and getting to perform in them in front of people that can barely speak English but still be able to belt out your lyrics and scream your name. As a girl from Kansas City, Missouri; this is huge.”

“Kansas City Chiefs fan?” He asks, causing me to chuckle.

“Rob gives me shit for it.” I reply. “He thinks I should solely represent the Patriots because my best friend is dating a player.”

“You and Rob seem close.” He notes.

“We have a brother sister type relationship.” I smile. “We argue and tease each other but in the end, we’ll take a bullet for each other. Not like to the head or anything; more of a bullet to the leg type of thing.”

Jimmy laughs, “you’re cute, you know that?”

“And now starts the flirting, huh?” I smile. “I can’t believe I’m flirting with a football player…”

“Aren’t a fan of players are you?” He looks hurt.

“It’s I just had bad experiences in college when it comes to dating football players. After getting my heart broken a few times, I unfairly put all football players into a folder marked ‘douchenozzle’.”

“And let me guess telling you that I’m different isn’t going to change anything, is it?”

“Any other player, the answer would be no.” I tell him, a smile growing on my lips. “I spent the night talking to you and I can say, you really are different.”

“Then what’s stopping you?”

“Conflicting schedules.” I reply as if it was the obvious thing. “Amber and I are starting a world tour soon and the season is going to be start soon. How in the world do you expect us to make things work?”

“You overthink things, don’t you?” He smiles. “I’m sure if Rob and Amber can managed to stay together despite everything; we can do the same things.”

“You really want a relationship, don’t you?” I ask. “You’re not just trying to get in my pants?”

“I’m not that type of guy, GraceLynn.” He smiles. “I promise.”

I’m about to say something to him when my phone vibrates on the table. Picking it up, I see a text message from Amber and immediately I start to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Jimmy asks.

“Our friends ditched us.” I laugh. “Amber just sent me a text message telling me to enjoy my night with you. They payed for our tab, which is nice of them. But they were my ride.”

“What hotel are you staying at?” He asks. “I can drop you off if you need ride.”

“It’s fine, I’ll just call an Uber, nothing major.”

“I’m not letting a pretty girl like you take an Uber.” He sternly says. “Now which hotel are you staying at?”

“The W.” I reply. “But seriously, you don’t need to drop me off. I can manage.”

He stands up out of his chair and offers me a hand, “what kind of guy would I be if I didn’t make sure you got to your hotel alright?”

A smile appears on my lips as I take Jimmy’s hand and get up out of my seat. Maybe Amber is right, maybe I do need someone to make me happy. And maybe, just maybe, Jimmy could be that someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

That smiles does things to me. ha.