You Loved Me Once

100: It Worked Out

“I can’t quite believe that you are getting married, Alba” Eva grinned teasingly as she padded into the dress store, an impish grin on her face. It had been a while, since Alba and Lionel had been in Argentina for Christmas, Eva couldn’t quite recall the last time she had seen her friend face to face, but she was excited at the prospect of spending some time with her, even if it was to be shared with Alba’s mother who was insistent in helping her daughter find the perfect dress, Eva merely wanted to enjoy some time with her friend.

Alba rolled her eyes a little, something which made Eva snicker. “You know I am only teasing” she mused “I always thought you’d get married. I thought you’d do it before I did” she enthused, padding towards a rack of dresses.

Alba offered her a small look before she shook her head, a grin on her face. “Always so nice, Eva” she quipped.

“You know I love you” Eva grinned “And besides, you weren’t exactly a help when it came to planning my wedding. You were still moping about you know who” she pointed out.

“That was your fault” Alba counted with a scoff “Someone had actively encouraged her fiancé to ask my ex-boyfriend to be his best man” she added with a smirk.

Eva shook her head a little. “It worked out, didn’t it? Oscar and I had a lovely wedding day and now, almost 2 years later, you and Leo are together and have a beautiful daughter. It wasn’t the worst thing that could have happened” she grinned.

Alba offered her a slightly dubious look before she giggled, something which made Eva smile. “I am so happy for you, Alba” she mused gently “I know how much work it has taken the two of you to get to this point, and I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You’re a lucky girl” she enthused brightly.

Alba, who’d moved to scan a rack of dresses, smiled a little. “Gracias, Eva” she mused softly.

Eva smiled at her gently before the door to the store swung open, allowing Annabella to step inside. “Your madre is here, Alba” Eva mumbled.

Alba nodded her head before she turned towards her mother, greeting her with a tight hug. “Hola, mama” she enthused gently.

Annabella squeezed Alba tightly before she pulled back. “No Isabella?” she posed.

“Celia and Jorge took her for the day” Alba mused “They told me to take my time and find the right dress” she explained gently.

Annabella nodded. “Perhaps the two of you could come over to see your papa and me tomorrow. It’s been a while since you saw him, hasn’t it?” she posed.

“It has” Alba mused.

“We’ll have lunch tomorrow then” Annabella smiled.

Alba returned her grin softly and nodded before she turned her attention back towards the selection of wedding dresses which sat ahead of her.

“We should get you one to try on” Eva enthused, patting her friend’s shoulder.

Annabella nodded. “We certainly should” she enthused “Do you have any sort of idea what you’re looking for, Alba?” she posed.

Alba smiled happily and nodded her head before Eva placed a dress into her arms, wordlessly directing her towards the changing room.

~#~
“What do you think of this one?” Alba peeped as she stepped out of the changing room, her fingertips gently brushing the delicate material of the latest dressed that she had put on. They’d been at it for a while, almost 3 hours had been spent in the small dress shop, but it wasn’t something that Alba minded. If anything, she had enjoyed it.

Eva, who’d been messing with her phone looked up, the retort that she had had prepared dying on her tongue as she admired her friend.

“Well?” Alba pressed “Should I throw it in the definitely not pile?” she added.

“You look spectacular, Alba” Annabella murmured gently, her blue eyes peeking up at her daughter “Simply beautiful” she added.

“Really?” Alba squeaked, her cheeks a little pink.

“It’s stunning, Allie” Eva noted warmly “You look amazing” she enthused.

Alba looked down at the dress for a moment before she smiled, peeking at her mother and friend. “I really like it” she enthused softly.

“Then you should go and change out of it so that I can pay for it” Annabella smiled.

“What?” Alba posed.

“I know we’ve not been the most supportive over this, Alba, but this is your wedding day and your father and I, we’d like to pay for your dress” she enthused softly.

Alba offered her a slightly uncertain look. “You know you don’t have to do that, don’t you?” she posed softly.

“I do” Annabella noted “But we want to, Alba” she insisted.

“You’re sure?” Alba posed.

“100%” Annabella grinned “It’s our little girl’s wedding dress. We’d not have any one else pay for it” she enthused.

Alba smiled at her gently before she offered her a nod, something which made Annabella smile gently, glad that she had agreed. It wasn’t the biggest gesture, but it was something and it showed that she and her husband were trying to be behind her whilst she planned to get married.

~#~
“You bought a dress I hear” Lionel’s grin was audible in his voice as it emanated away from the phone which Alba held close to her ear.

“How did you hear that?” Alba posed.

“My mother texted me” Lionel noted “She seemed pretty impressed with it too. Apparently I will be unable to keep my eyes off of you in it” he quipped.

Alba shook her head. “Your mother said that?” she posed.

“Something to that effect” Lionel mused “She said that it was beautiful” he added softly.

“I liked it” Alba smiled as she shifted Isabella, allowing her to rest against her more as she played happily with her toys “And I think you will too. At least I hope so” she mused.

“You’re beautiful, Alba” he mused kindly “And I am sure you will be more so when we get there. It’s only a little while away now” he pointed out.

“A few weeks” Alba confirmed softly.

“I can’t wait, Alba” he noted, his tone soft and reassuring.

Alba smiled a little at words before the sound of one of his teammate’s voices echoed over the phone, making her smile. “You’ve got to go” she quipped.

“I do” Lionel agreed gently “But I will be with you tomorrow before we fly home” he added cheerfully.

Alba smiled and mumbled a soft goodnight before she stowed her phone on the side, a small smile on her face. It pleased her, the idea that their plans were starting to come together, and it had left her feeling excited, even if a small part of her was nervous, part of her was just waiting for the day to arrive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)