You Loved Me Once

112: Our Little Bubble

Letting out a small groan, Lionel tossed onto his side, his hand searching blindly for his phone which sat on the end table, buzzing loudly against the wood. Peeking an eye open, he collected the phone before he peeked at the screen, dismissing the text quickly before he rolled onto his back, his dark eyes glancing at Alba who was contently asleep beside him. It was early, after retiring to their room the previous night, the two of them had been awake for a while before they’d eventually fallen asleep, and for a little while, Lionel didn’t want to disturb Alba who looked more than content cuddled up against her pillow.

It felt relaxed, with the wedding over and done with, Lionel felt at ease for the first time in a while and he was determined to enjoy it for a while, even if the bubble would burst eventually, for a small while, all he wanted was to enjoy the fact that he was newly married.

Stowing the phone on the end table once more, he shuffled a little closer to Alba before he ducked his head, gently pressing a kiss to the bare skin of her shoulder.

Alba shifted a little at the feel of his lips on her skin before she turned onto her back, her blue eyes blinking open sleepily.

“Buenos dias, mi amor” he mumbled.

“Buenos dias” Alba repeated softly “What time is it?” she added, stretching her arms above her head.

“It’s just about half past seven” Lionel mused “Which means if you wanted to, you could go back to sleep. We’ve not got to be anywhere for a couple of hours yet” he offered softly.

Alba smiled, but shook her head quietly. “I’m alright” she mused “How are you feeling this morning?” she posed as she tossed onto her side, tugging the duvet a little more around her.

Lionel smiled. “I can’t complain” he teased “But what about you? How are you and bump feeling today?” he posed as he shifted his hand beneath the duvet, resting it contently on Alba’s stomach. He knew that they had a way to go, the sonogram picture that Alba had shown him the previous night had confided that she was in the early stages of her pregnancy, but still he couldn’t resist the chance to fawn over it, even if it was going to have to remain between the two of the for a little while, he wanted to fuss about the idea of their second child.

“I’ve been awake for 5 minutes” Alba countered, lacing their fingers together.

“I know” Lionel mumbled “But I am excited, something I didn’t get the chance to tell you the other day before you were dragged off by your bridesmaids” he added.

Alba smiled softly at his words before she tilted her head, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. “I’m fine, Leo” she murmured softly “Me and bump, we’re fine, but you need to keep this to yourself for a little while, which means when we get up and head over to see Isabella, you need to be able to keep your hand away from my stomach” she mused, peeking down at his hand which still rested happily on her stomach.

Lionel looked down at his hand for a moment before he nodded. “OK” he agreed “But when we’re alone, you know I am not going to be able to stop myself, right?” he posed.

Alba smiled and pressed a kiss against his lips, mumbling about not wanting it to be any other way.

~#~
“You’re here a lot earlier than I thought you’d be, Leo” Gerard teased as he nudged the smaller man’s shoulder. It was mid-morning and with Alba and Lionel due to head out on their honeymoon later that afternoon, the couple’s parents had insisted on throwing a small brunch to bid them goodbye, something which Gerard was surprised Lionel had agreed to. He knew his friend, from the moment he and Alba had been pronounced man and wife, Lionel had wanted nothing more than to have her alone, and Gerard was a little surprised to see him as early as he had.

Lionel, who was sipping on the drink he’d been given, shrugged. “Alba wanted to get here early” he noted “She’s already worrying about leaving Isabella with my parents for two weeks and I think she wanted to make the most of it” he quipped, his dark eyes peeking at his wife who was sat with sister, cooing over their daughter.

Gerard smiled. “You’ve not stopped looking at her yet” he teased.

Lionel rolled his eyes. “We’ve been married for less than 24 hours” he pointed out “Excuse me for being a little in awe of her” he added.

Gerard spared a small laugh, his hand patting his friend’s shoulder softly. “Have you told her where you’re taking her yet?” he posed.

“I have not” Lionel mused “I even had Eva and Jess pack her bag with everything she will need for the trip so that she couldn’t guess” he added.

“And you’re sure she’s going like it?” Gerard posed.

Lionel nodded. “I’m certain. It’s something she’s talked about since she was a child. She’s only been to Italy once and that was with Barcelona when we went to play the final in Rome, but I know it’s something she’s going to love. She’s talked about going to Venice since she was about 12” he enthused brightly. It had taken a lot of thought, when Alba had asked him if he wanted to plan their honeymoon, he’d jumped at the chance, and he was certain that it was something she was going to enjoy.

Gerard offered him a warm grin before he spotted Alba moving towards them, something which caused him to excuse himself.

Lionel watched after the Spaniard for a second before he turned his attention to Alba, offering her, and Isabella, a warm smile.

~#~
“Are you OK?”

Alba, who’d been messing with her passport, startled a little at the sound of Lionel’s voice.

“You know, my parents are going to take the best care of her” Lionel noted softly “And they’re going to be in Barcelona when we get home. It’s only for a little while” he noted gently. He knew where her mind was, from the second they’d left Isabella with his parents, Alba had been a little quiet, and he wanted to reassure her that it was going to be fine.

“I know” Alba mumbled “I’m going to miss her” she added.

“I know” Lionel smiled, taking her hand.

Alba eyed their hands for a moment before she turned her head, her blue eyes peeking up at his face. “Are you going to tell me where we are heading to yet?” she posed softly.

“I can do” Lionel mused “But I am not going to tell you anything more than a destination, so don’t bother asking” he grinned.

Alba rolled her eyes, mumbling something which he didn’t quite catch.

“Did you want to know or not?” he teased.

“I’d like to know” Alba confirmed.

Lionel offered her another soft grin before he pulled their tickets out of his bag, placing hers in her hand.

Alba offered him an odd look before she studied the ticket, a small squeak falling out of her mouth.

“I know you’ve always wanted to go there and I figured this was the perfect excuse. If you don’t like it, I can arrange for us to do something…” Lionel’s babbling was cut off as Alba leant into him, stealing a soft kiss which made him grin, knowing that he had got the destination right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)