You Loved Me Once

115: Home

“You know, you really don’t have to keep your arm around me. I think people are aware that I am with you” Alba teased as she handed her passport over to the woman who sat behind the counter, her blue eyes glancing up at Lionel who had his arm wrapped around her waist, warding off the attention of a couple of men who stood away from them, their eyes occasionally sneaking glances at her.

It had passed quickly, their second week in Italy had been over with before Alba had really known what was happening, but she was glad to be back in Barcelona, even if it did mean that it wouldn’t be long before Lionel was back in training ahead of the new season, she had missed her home and was itching to be reunited with Isabella who she’d only seen a little of during a few video calls home.

Lionel, who was glancing towards the men from behind his sunglasses, shook his head. “I like keeping it there” he mused, taking his own passport back.

Alba rolled her eyes a little before she leant up, kissing him briskly. “They gone?” she posed.

“Who?” Lionel quipped innocently.

Alba offered him a look before she moved her hand to the one his which sat on hip, moving to lace their fingers together. “You’re glad to be home?” he posed softly as they padded towards the exit.

Alba nodded. “I think so” she noted gently “I mean, the last two weeks have been wonderful, but we had to come back eventually. Besides, I can’t wait to see Isabella” she insisted softly.

“I am sure she’s missed you” Lionel commented as they padded towards baggage claim.

“She’ll have missed you more” Alba mused as she scanned the array of bags for theirs “She’s already such a papa’s girl” she added.

Lionel smiled a little at her words before he seized their bag, leading them through the airport before he spotted his father. “Leo” Jorge grinned.

“Papa” Lionel greeted gently, offering the older man a tight hug.

“And Alba too” Jorge smiled as he stepped back “How was the honeymoon?” he grinned.

“Lovely” Alba mused shyly “We had a wonderful couple of weeks, but I am glad to be home” she added.

Jorge offered her another warm smile before he gestured over his shoulder. “We ought to head back” he noted gently “Your mother has the wedding pictures ready to show off to the pair of you and there is a little girl at home who I think is a little desperate to see her mama and papa” he added.

~#~
“Look who it is, Isa” Celia smiled gently as she watched Alba pad into the room “Is that your mama?” she added.

Alba grinned at the sight of her daughter before she padded towards the older woman, gratefully taking the little girl into her arms. “Hola, princesa” she mumbled as she pressed a kiss to Isabella’s head.

“She’s been so well behaved” Celia smiled.

“Gracias for looking after her” Alba mused “You’re sure she was no trouble?” she added, peeking at her mother-in-law.

“She was an angel” Celia smiled “Though, I think she has missed the two of you. She had a couple of fussy nights at the beginning, but all in all, she was wonderfully behaved” she enthused.

Alba offered the older woman another smile before she flicked her attention to Isabella, cooing to her quietly as Lionel padded into the room.

“How was the honeymoon?” Celia mused as she moved to stand up, pulling her son into a hug.

“It was amazing, mama” he mused softly.

“I can tell” Celia smiled “Alba’s glowing” she added with a sly look towards her daughter-in-law who was happily chattering to Isabella.

Lionel followed the line of her stare before he quirked a small grin, something which made Celia tilt her head. “Is she…?” she posed quietly.

Lionel offered her a light smirk before he tapped the side of his nose, moving to sit beside Alba who smiled up at him gently.

Celia watched the two of them for a moment before she shook her head, not quite sure that she had seen them as happy and as content as they appeared in that moment.

~#~
“This has to be my favourite one” Celia grinned as she thumbed through the pictures in her hand, quickly finding a specific one “The two of you just look so happy here” she added, showing off the picture of the couple. It was a sweet one, Alba was stood in Lionel’s arms, her head rested on her shoulder and a smile on her face, and Alba couldn’t help but smile at the sight of it. It was certainly a good picture of them.

“You look happy in all of them” Jorge commented “I don’t think there is one picture of the two of you where you’re not smiling” he added.

“It was our wedding day” Lionel commented “I think there would have been questions if we hadn’t been grinning” he added, thumbing through a few more pictures.

Alba, who was sat at his side, rested her head on his shoulder, something which made Celia smile. “We should probably be getting back to our hotel” she noted softly, not missing the sleepy expression which marked her daughter-in-law’s face.

“You don’t have to go” Lionel noted.

“I am sure that the two of you want to get settled” Celia mused “But we’d be happy to see you before we head home tomorrow” she added.

Lionel offered her a slightly odd look, but nodded his head, standing up to embrace both of his parents in turn.

“You look after her” Celia mumbled softly.

Lionel nodded. “Always” he grinned.

Celia patted his cheek gently before she took her husband’s hand, leading him out of the room.

Lionel watched her go before he turned his attention to Alba, offering her a small smile. “You look tired” he mused.

“Every girl loves to hear that” Alba quipped.

“You’re still very beautiful” Lionel grinned.

Alba rolled her eyes.

“You can head upstairs” Lionel offered “I am sure that bump would love a nap” he added.

Alba nodded her head sleepily before she pushed herself to her feet, pressing a kiss to his cheek before she headed towards the stairs.

Lionel watched after her for a moment before he spared a small grin to himself, glad to be home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)