You Loved Me Once

66: That’ll Be You

“I cannot believe how big you’ve gotten”

Alba, who’d been trying to settle into her seat, rolled her eyes a little, a small smile appearing on her face at the sound of Shakira’s voice. “What did you expect?” she teased, moving to greet the other woman “I am having a baby after all” she grinned.

“I know” Shakira commented “But the last time I saw you face to face, you were hardly showing and now look at you. You’ve got a proper bump and everything” she teased, pulling Alba into a hug. She knew it wasn’t where the younger woman wanted to be, with the temperature in Madrid slightly warmer than usual for the time of year, Shakira was sure that the last thing Alba wanted was to spend her day cooped up in the packed stadium, but when Lionel had announced that Alba had arrived in the city, Shakira had been the first to volunteer to look out for her, something the argentine had been more than happy to accept.

Alba rolled her eyes. “You know I am due in a little over 3 months, don’t you?” she teased, moving to greet Sasha who sat on his mother’s hip, smiling shyly at her.

“I do” Shakira smiled “Whenever I see your boyfriend, he’s cooing over that bump, it’s pretty adorable. How are you feeling, though? Whenever I ask Leo, all he does is fuss” she posed as she moved towards the seat beside Alba, helping Milan to settle into his seat.

Alba shrugged. “I am OK” she mused “I mean, I feel uncomfortable most of the time, and bump had decided that she wants to keep kicking at my bladder, something I wholeheartedly blame on her papa, but most of time, I am OK. She’s pretty good to me” she mused, rubbing her bump a little.

Shakira smiled. “You’re glowing, Alba” she mused softly “I can see why all Leo does is fuss over you” she added.

“He doesn’t do that” Alba retorted, her cheeks tinging a little pink.

Shakira scoffed. “I don’t see much of him, I only really see him when he comes to see Gerard, but whenever I ask about bump, all he does is tell me how beautiful he thinks you are. He’s not entirely wrong” she teased, nudging the younger woman slightly. It made a change, only a few months previous, Shakira had been convinced that Alba would somehow ruin what she and Lionel had, but she was pleased to see that she hadn’t. They were good together, Lionel adored Alba and it was clear from the smile on Alba’s face that she felt the same, and the singer was happy for them, something she was sure would only increase when their little girl made her first appearance.

Alba shook her head. “I highly doubt that he does that” she mumbled she peeked down towards the pitch, watching as the two teams moved to set up.

Shakira rolled her eyes. “Just take the compliment, Alba” she teased with a feigned scoff.

Alba smiled. “Gracias for the compliment, Shakira” she teased, her tone a little sarcastic, something which made the other woman laugh a little, glad that she had had the chance to meet and get to know Alba.

~#~
Standing off to the side of the pitch, Alba grinned a little, her blue eyes watching as Lionel posed for pictures with his teammates, his winners’ medal hung around his neck. It had been a tough match, like the two league encounters with Sevilla, the outcome had been uncertain until late, but a last minute goal from Luis Suarez had added to the earlier one that Lionel had scored, enabling Barcelona to prevail with a narrow 2-1 victory, something that Alba could see meant a lot to her boyfriend who’d not stopped grinning since the final whistle had gone.

“He’ll be over in a second, you know”

Alba, who’d drifted off a little, startled at the sound of Gerard’s voice, offering the tall defender a glare over her shoulder.

“I didn’t meant to startle you” Gerard mused, holding his hands up slightly.

“It’s OK” Alba mused “Congratulations” she added, moving to hug him.

“Gracias” Gerard grinned, hugging her tightly “I’m glad that you made it. Leo would have been unbearable if you hadn’t” he teased as he pulled back, moving to pick up Milan who stood at his side, his little hand tugging at the side of his father’s shorts.

“Unbearable?” Alba teased, tugging at the hem of her shirt a little in an attempt to mask her bump a little from the cameras which lingered around them.

“’I wish Alba was here’” Gerard teased, his voice an awful imitation of Lionel’s, something which made Alba snicker “All he talks about is you, you know and whilst I was apprehensive about this at first, I am glad that you’re with him. You’ve made him happy, Alba, really happy, and I want to thank you for that. You and bump are the best thing that could have happened to him” he fussed softly. He knew that it wasn’t his place, Lionel’s love life was something he liked to keep to himself, but Gerard was pleased to see him happy, something he’d not been in a long time before Alba reappeared in his life.

Alba tilted her head a little, trying to conjure a response before she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, something Gerard took as his cue to excuse himself.

“Hola” Lionel teased, kissing her shoulder softly.

Alba smiled and turned around, greeting him with a small kiss. “Congrats” she mused.

“Gracias” Lionel smiled “You got through the game OK?” he fussed, his fingertips lightly brushing over her bump.

“I did” Alba mused “I got a little uncomfortable towards the end, but Luis’ goal saved me from 30 more minutes of sitting there” she added softly.

Lionel offered her a small smile before he stepped a little closer, stealing another little kiss before Alba pulled away, her eyes peeking down at her feet sheepishly.

Lionel offered her another small smile before he flicked his attention towards his teammates which milled around them, grins on their faces as they padded towards their wives or children. It had been a while, after Alba, he’d only had one relationship and it had been particularly short lived, but he liked the idea of sharing the moment with Alba. It was one of the many things he’d missed while they’d been apart.

“That’ll be you next year”

Lionel, who’d drifted off, startled a little at the sound of Alba’s voice, his attention quickly whipping back to her. “Huh?” he posed.

“Next year, you’ll be leading our little girl around” Alba mused, taking his hand “She’ll have her own little shirt with your name on too” she grinned.

Lionel smiled. “I can’t wait to meet her” he mused as he leant a little closer to her, his arm settled around her waist “It still seems a while away” he added.

“You won’t be saying that after the first sleepless night” Alba teased.

Lionel offered her another small smile before he leant over, kissing the side of her head gently. It still seemed a while away, 3 months seemed a long time to wait, but Lionel was already counting down the days until their daughter made her first appearance. He couldn’t wait to meet her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)