Status: fluffy bellarke trash

Can't Help Falling

falling in love

Where are you? I thought you said you’d be home soon x

He looked at his phone, sighing at the message that flashed across his screen. The stores downtown had been busier than he’d hoped, and he was starting to regret what had planned. The back of his car had been filled with candles, lights and food, and he felt tired and hungry, not wanting to do anything else with his night but knowing that he needed to finish what he had started.

He parked in front of their apartment building and got out, opening his back door slowly, careful to not let anything fall out. He loaded up everything in his arms and started into their apartment building, glancing at the elevator, the sign that read OUT OF ORDER taunting him as he made his way up the stairs. Though the building only had five floors, he felt like he was climbing forever before he reached his destination.

He balanced the items in his arms carefully before opening the door that lead to the roof. The sun was slowly moving its way down towards the horizon and he got to work, setting everything on the table as he got to work setting up everything in the small space.

He almost didn’t hear his phone vibrate, signaling that he was getting a call.

“Hello?” he answered, his voice almost a whisper so she couldn’t hear him, even though their apartment was on the third floor.

“Where are you?” Clarke asked, her voice sounded hurt. He knew it wouldn’t stay that was for long, of course, but he still felt guilty.

“It’s really busy out, things are taking longer than I thought,” he explained, holding the phone between his shoulder and his ear while trying to untangle a string of lights that had turned in on themselves. “Dammit.”

“What’s going on?” she sounded confused now, and he realized that he’d vented his frustrations out loud. “Nothing, someone just cut me off, I should go,” he spoke quickly, trying to get her off the phone. He could feel himself getting frustrated and was getting close to abandoning this project altogether.

“Oh, okay, yeah. See you soon?” her voice was barely above a whisper. He mumbled a quick goodbye and hung up the phone, getting back to work on what he was hoping wouldn’t turn into something he regretted.