Psychophony

Chapter 1: Final

It all started on a cold December day. I decided to finally move out of my parent’s house and start living independently.

I got tired of my parents’ complaints about me being an art major. They wanted me to become a doctor, like them, but I knew from the very start that being a doctor was not for me. When I was in high school, I applied to many universities that were out of state to get far away from my parents. But when it became time to receive the news if I was accepted or not, my parents kept all the incoming letters about my admittance from me. That didn’t stop me though. Once my other friends were receiving their letters, I called each university directly, and got my answer.

I was unfortunately rejected from all them except one; which makes me think why my parents even bothered to keep the letters, if they were rejecting me anyway. The university that I got into had scholarships available for students and I received one of them, having almost everything paid for.

Anyway, right when I was all packed and ready to leave, never to look back, I got into a car accident. I suffered traumatic brain injury, and I was in a coma for half a year. No one expected me to make it. I proved everyone wrong when I was slowly improving. But then on December 19th, 2013, I suddenly and officially died at 5:32 a.m.

I don’t remember much about that time. All I know is that it felt as if I was asleep. I didn’t see any light at the end of the tunnel, or the tunnel. It was all black and nothing else.

I was dead for at least seven minutes. When I came back, I saw my parents on my bed crying hysterically. They told me a bunch of things about how they were going to change, and let me do what I wanted in school.

When they mentioned school, I asked about what happened, since I’ve barely just woke up from the dead and coma. I had no idea what was going on.

“_____, you’ve been in a coma for six months.” My mother told me.

“W-What? Why?! What happened?” I asked in shock.

“You were in a car accident, and you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury. You were in a coma and you’ve died—”

“Wait, I died?!”

“Honey, let your mother finish,” my father interrupted.

“Yes, you were dead for about five-six minutes, I don’t know, but all I know is that you’re here and alive. And that’s all that matters.” My mother said petting my hair.

I was shocked and didn’t know what to think. Well, I guess it made sense. Since it was very hard to try to move my body at all. I was weak and every movement caused a small dull ache.

“_____, you shouldn’t move, let the doctor come in and check on you,” my father said.

I now noticed the doctor behind them, awkwardly standing there.

“I was going to immediately check on you, but decided to give you a bit of family time at first.” My doctor said, now coming to me, to check my vitals. “I know I’m a doctor, and shouldn’t say this, but you coming back is a miracle.”

I just nodded, and was in a daze throughout my whole stay at the hospital.

-.-

Then after two years, I was out and healthy.

I was with my parents because they promised me they would change, but they didn’t. They stayed the same and complained about everything I did. My parents would still ask me to become a doctor, that I still had time. But they didn’t understand that I was not interested in becoming a doctor or any of the sorts.

After a while of being in their care, I decided to move out. I had a bank account filled with all the work I’ve done since I was in high school, and it would give me about one or two years in an apartment, if it was cheap. My parents didn’t know about this account, which I was grateful for because who knows what they would’ve done.

I looked for cheap places and, surprisingly, I found one. It was a small apartment for one, and it was furnished. It seemed perfect for me, since I didn’t like big places. I asked the realtor agent why it was so cheap and her answer made me roll my eyes.

“Well Ms. _____, someone died in this apartment two years ago. He was murdered in cold blood (, by an ex-girlfriend, I believe. Also, the tenants who stayed in after that had their lights turning off and on, and in pictures, there was always a black smudge covering their faces. So if you still want this or want to see another, I can still—”

“No, it’s fine. I don’t believe in ghosts or spirits anyways. So I should be fine, but thank you for your concern. Any other person wouldn’t have told me, so I really appreciate it.” I gave her a warm smile causing her to smile and blush. “And none of this ‘Ms.’ stuff, it’s just _____.”

“Alright, ______,” she said with a smile.

And with that, I moved out of my parents’ house into my new apartment.

For the first few weeks, nothing happened. I laughed at this apartment’s rumors about it being it being haunted. Instead of thinking about that, I was looking for a job. After searching for three weeks, I was able to get a job at a nearby library. The job was very easy, and to be honest, the perfect job for me since I loved books and reading. I helped people check out books after training for a week, and was able to organize books to where they belonged. My job started at twelve p.m., and ended at seven p.m., except on the weekend which I would leave at five p.m.

One day after work, things started to get weird. When I would shower, I would hear a noise in my bedroom, as if someone was knocking on my wall. I ignored it at first, thinking it was probably squirrels inside the building or something like that. But then the lights started to flicker on and off, and I rolled my eyes and thought of what my realtor agent told me. There must be something wrong with the electricity, I thought to myself and continued to do what I was doing, which was drinking hot chocolate. But then the weirdest part of it all was at night. I was peacefully sleeping when a man’s cries woke me up. That part scared the hell out of me. It sounded very close, as if he was crying right next to me. I closed my eyes, and couldn’t sleep at all that night.

The conclusion that I came up with was that I probably got a new neighbor right next to me and was crying because something happened. That’s what I told myself anyway. My room was the last room on the second floor I was in, and the only assumption I had was the room next to mine was the cause of the noise at night.

I went to my neighbor’s room, and knocked. But nobody answered. I called the owner of the apartments, which was my landlord, and my blood ran cold with what she told me.

“_____, nobody has been in the room next to yours since thre years.” I quickly said my thanks and hung up. I didn’t know what to think. Were the rumors true, and was this apartment haunted? I started biting my nails when I decided it shouldn’t bother me. I would take more hours at the library and come home less.

And I did just that. I came home less and the only thing I had to go through was hearing the cries and sobs of a man while I slept. After a week, I got used to hearing the weeping at night, and was actually able to sleep well in a long time.

Then things changed after I just got comfortable with the cries at night. While I slept, I got woken up by someone grabbing my leg, or the feeling of a hand grabbing my arm. I almost cried that night. Things would also be out of place, but that didn’t frighten me. More like annoyed me, but I ignored it once again.

My coworkers at work were becoming worried about me. They seemed to notice how I never wanted to come back home. Me, always being at the library had forced my boss to give me a two weeks’ vacation. So I could either go back to my apparently haunted apartment or I could beg and try to return with my parents. A haunted apartment is way better than being with my parents. So I decided to suck it up, and I headed home.

Once I arrived at my apartment, I looked up and saw my window from down below. I don’t know if I was imagining things but I was sure I saw a face staring back at me. I was shocked and did a double-take. It was indeed a face. It was a male face staring straight at me.

What I did then still surprises me.

I smiled back at him.

-.-

After I smiled at him, things have seemed to calm down. The lights didn’t flicker, and I didn’t hear the man’s cries anymore at night.

Not hearing his cries kept me from sleeping. I guess I got used to hearing it, that it made me feel uncomfortable when all I heard now was quietness.

Since things seemed to calm down, I called my boss asking for less hours at work, which she happily agreed.

It has only been four days, and everything was normal. It made me feel lonely. Like even the ghost didn’t think I was worth haunting. But whatever.

On the fifth day of my two weeks’ vacation, I stayed at home and watched horror movies in my living room. I was laying down on my sofa when I felt someone staring at me.

I turned slowly to where I thought it was coming from and I found the same guy who was staring at me from the window just standing there. Staring at me.

I slowly reached for the remote, or any other object I could easily throw.

“C…C-Can I help you?” I asked in a whispery tone.

His stare now turned into a glare. Getting salty in my house? Oh hell no!

I threw the remote at his head and saw it go right through him.

No one said anything.

“D-Do you want some food? Coffee?” I asked after the long and awkward pause, standing up to go to the kitchen when it hit me. “How did you get inside my house? Are you the one who always cried at night? Are you perhaps a g-ghost?”

He was about to answer when I interrupted him.

“Oh my god! A ghost! I’m going crazy for even thinking about it! Ghosts aren’t real. I’m losing my mind, aish. Wh—”

“Let me talk for God’s sake!” The man said making me stop talking. Seeing how I stopped my rambling, he continued. “Why didn’t you leave? How can you see me? Nobody has been able to see me.”

“W-What do you mean?”

He looked annoyed, “Why didn’t you leave this house? Why weren’t you scared? Why aren’t you scared now? Again, nobody has been able to see me, but when you did, you had the audacity to smile at me!”

“Leave this house? I already paid in advance! If anyone should leave, it’s you. Do you pay the bills? No, you don’t. And about seeing you, I don’t know. Maybe I’m losing my mind. After I died, strange things keep happening to me,” I said the last part to myself.

The man looked shocked by my answer.

“Also, who said I wasn’t scared? I was, but then I got over it. Trust me, living with my parents is way worse than your hauntings.” I said while looking at his offended expression. “No offense.”

“It worked with the others,” he replied almost childishly.

“Yeah, so about that coffee… Can you even drink or eat things?”

He shook his head no.

“Well, I’m about to eat. You can join me if you want.”

After that encounter, I got to know the one who was haunting my apartment. His name was Jin (he wouldn’t tell me his full name), and he was indeed murdered in this apartment. He lived here with his girlfriend of five years. He told me he was in, what he assumed, was a loving relationship, but his girlfriend actually was mentally disturbed. His girlfriend was frequently jealous and kept accusing him of having affairs. Jin knew she was having problems and suggested getting professional help, and promised her he would stay by her side. But she took it in a negative way, thinking he was calling her crazy. Then when he was sleeping, his girlfriend came and shot him, then she jumped off a bridge, killing herself.

After his death, he woke up in this apartment about a year later, and found out it was occupied by a couple. Jin noticed the similarities between the girl and his girlfriend, and scared them away. He then thought that scaring everyone off from this apartment was his purpose. That was until he met me.

“You’re so stubborn! I mean who would stay after hearing me cry at night every single day. I even grabbed you at one point!”

“I know, I know. And look at me now. Talking to a ghost. A cute one at that, ha!” I said, joking around.

“W-What?”

“Don’t worry about it. Anyways, why did you tell me all of this?” I asked while stuffing my face with ramen, getting soup all over my face.

Jin looked like a worried mother when he saw me. He grabbed at my face and started to wipe away the mess I made.

“God can’t you be—”

“Hm?”

“I-I can touch you!”

“Yeah, I got that when you grabbed my arm and leg that one time.”

“No, you don’t understand. I can’t touch anything if I don’t put much strength into it, and once I do, I have to wait about a long time to do it again. And I just wiped your face easily!” Jin said, looking excited.

“Oh,” I said, nodding my head as if I was in deep thought. “Try touching something else.”

“Okay!” He said while trying to grab my bowl of noodles, to only have his hand go right through it. “Oh, must be a fluke then.”

“Hm, here.” I said while giving him my hand.

He looked at my hands with a dejected look and put his hand in mine. He was probably not expecting to feel anything. But his hand didn’t go through mine, I was holding onto his hand pretty firmly.

Once again, he looked shocked. “What is this? Does this mean I can only physically touch you?”

“Do you know what this means?!” I asked excitedly.

“What?!”

“I can take revenge for all those nights you scared me at night, come here you little shit!” I said while grabbing his head in a headlock.

“Hey, wait—,” he said while trying to get out of my grip.

But it was futile. What could I do?

A smile came across my lips once the idea came to me.

I quickly tried to put him on the floor, and once I did, I straddled him and put my hand over his face.

“What are you doing?” He asked breathlessly.

“This!” I said and finger flicked his forehead so hard, it left a mark.

-.-

Jin and I have been getting along quite well. We had this routine of watching movies and TV shows together when I got home from work. I also kept making food for two, but I would then remember Jin doesn’t eat. I probably gained a few pounds from eating food for two, but it happens.

He always made fun of me when that happened.

Jin also seems to worry about me. A lot.

I was pretty clumsy and every time I fell on my face, he would come to my rescue and ask me if I was okay. Almost like a mother. He also tried to touch me any chance he could. I didn’t know why, but I wasn’t complaining.

It’s been three months now, and something has been bothering me since the first night we officially met.

“Jin, I have something I need to talk to you about.”

“What is it?” He said, taking his eyes off the TV.

“Well, it’s almost time for me to sleep, and you know, you don’t sleep.”

“Yes?”

“I know you watch me sleep, Jin. And to be honest, it makes me feel really uncomfortable,” I said taking in his blushing face.

“If it would make you feel any better, I can stay in the living room during the night. It’s not that I don’t sleep, it’s just, ah, forget it.” He said, trying to cover his blush with his hand.

“Actually… I have this idea, but I don’t know what you would think about it.” I said, twiddling my hands together.

“What is it..?”

“Well, I’ve noticed you like physical contact and—”

“You’ve noticed that? How embarrassing.” Jin said while running his fingers through his hair.

“I’m not complaining. I was actually thinking if you would like to join me while I sleep.” I said, while shyly looking down.

“W-What?”

“Like you said, you do sleep, and I think sleeping in the bed together might benefit us both. We don’t have to even sleep close together, but it might be to your advantage, and you may get physical contact; since I am a person who moves a lot in my sleep. But it’s all up to you.” I said as quickly to get it over with.

Silence, it was all I could hear. I looked up and saw Jin covering his blush with his hand.

Was that a smile he was trying to cover up?

“Sure! Sounds like a great idea. Let’s go to bed now!” He said, grabbing me by my hand to my bed room.

“Wait!” I said, pulling my hand back.

“Oh. Was I too pushy? Did I do something wrong?” Jin said with a worried look.

“N-No, I just have to brush my teeth, and change into my pajamas.”

“Oh! Okay, I’ll wait for you in the room.”

“Yeah, go do that. Keep my side of the bed warm,” I joked with a playful wink, causing him to blush even more.

Ah, what a cute kid.

After I finished I brushed my teeth and put on my pajama top and pants, I quickly made my way to my room. My heart was pounding, and I was feeling butterflies in my stomach. To be honest, I used physical contact as a sure way for him to agree, but I couldn’t help it. I think I was starting to like the guy.

But that was insane! He was dead, and not alive. Am I going crazy? Maybe I liked guys way too soon. Maybe he doesn’t even like me. Maybe he was just stuck with me. Oh my god. I needed to stop thinking and see how this would turn out.

I went inside my room, and saw him lying there. He seemed to have his eyes closed. I didn’t sense any movement from him and came to the conclusion that he was asleep. Or whatever ghosts do when they sleep. I quickly made my way to the other side from where he was sleeping and got under the covers. I turned away from him before I could do anything stupid, and prayed that he couldn’t hear how fast my heart was pounding. I knew I wasn’t getting any sleep tonight.

I was still on my side, falling asleep, when I heard Jin whisper my name, lightly.

“_____? Are you asleep?”

I pretended to ignore him because I was too lazy to say anything. Maybe I was mad because I was just falling asleep and he had to say something and woke me up.

When I didn’t say anything, I heard and felt him come closer to me. I could feel him on my back, and I had to try to control my breathing and to keep acting as if I was asleep. For what felt like an eternity, I felt Jin carefully grab my head and put his arm under it. I guess he wanted me to use his arm as a pillow. Then he wrapped his other arm around me, and we were now spooning.

I didn’t know what came over me. But once I felt his arm around me, I quickly turned over, surprising him, and cuddled into his chest and entangled my legs with his.

“_____, were you awake?!” Jin told me.

“Shh, I’m sleeping,” I replied, hoping for my heart to stay still. I took a breath and realized Jin didn’t have a scent; he also didn’t emit any warmth. I didn’t think much about this and tried to fall asleep again.

I heard him chuckle, and we both soon fell asleep with a smile on our faces.

-.-

I have now lived with Jin for a year, and ever since that night, our relationship has changed. We never verbally said it, but I believed we became a couple. I mean, for nine months, we would hold hands whenever we could (only at home since Jin can’t leave the apartment), and we would also cuddle from time to time. We never have once kissed or have told each other “I like you,” but I believed actions were louder than words. But whenever I was by myself, doubt would creep up in my mind.

I didn’t know if it was only because he liked physical contact or if he felt the same, but today was the day I was going to ask him that.

It was 7:23 p.m. when I arrived home and found Jin lying on the floor. Once he saw me, he quickly pulled me in for a hug.

“So how was your day?” He asked me, while still holding onto me.

“Jin, what are we?” I said, getting straight to the point.

“What do you mean? I thought it was clear.” He said separating himself from me.

“I guess it isn’t, so please tell me.”

“Ugh, this is so embarrassing but all right. _____, I like you. And I thought you liked me too. I thought we were together these nine months.” Jin said running his hand through his hair. I noticed he did that whenever he was nervous.

“Jin, I like you too, but I’m so confused.” I said while tears were forming in my eyes. “I like you, but I can’t wrap the fact that you’re not alive in this world anymore. What if this is all in my head? I don’t even know your full name! But I like you so much, you don’t even know how much. No, I don’t think I like you. Jin, I love you.”

Hearing those words made him still.

“Do you really mean that? You love me?” He asked in a shaky voice.

I nodded, causing my tears to fall. “I do. I love you more than life itself.”

Jin immediately grabbed me into a hug, and lifted me up in his arms.

“______! I love you too. You don’t know how long I wanted to say that to you. I love you. I love you. I love you! ”

Jin kept repeating those words, and I let the warmness that came with them overpower the feelings of unease in my heart.

He carefully set me down, and did something I never expected to happen.

He got on one knee, causing me to gasp.

“_____, I know that I’m a ghost and can’t even get you a ring, but I fell hopelessly in love with you. I can’t do anything for you except love you, but I know I want to marry you. I know we’ve been dating for nine months, and you were having doubts, but if you say yes, we can have our own little wedding here, since I can’t leave, you can put on your best dress on and we can exchange vows right. But I would understand if you said no, if it was too soon or—“

“Of course! Jin, a million times, yes!” I yelled as I pulled him up into a kiss.

The kiss was very gentle. His lips against mine were very soft, and it felt as if our mouths were made for each other. This feels right, I thought while ignoring the fact that there wasn’t any warmth coming from his lips

He pulled away from me and said, “My full name is Kim Seokjin.”

"Kim Seokjin. Got it,” I said and reached up and kissed him again.

After our second kiss, I convinced Jin to let us wait a week for me to get my paycheck to buy a decent dress. Since I didn’t owe any clothing that resembled a dress.

That night, I spent all my time writing in my diary what has happened until now. I let out all my feelings about getting married to a ghost, and how I couldn’t wait to get this dress already to exchange vows.

Maybe it was my excitement or it was that I was tired, but I let my journal on my desk instead of hiding it like I always do.

I quickly joined Jin in bed after writing, and I soon fell asleep.

There was only two days remaining for my paycheck, and I was getting excited. Everyone at the library noticed and asked me why I was so happy. I just told them I met a guy, and they all understood.

I was walking home from work when I stopped.

In front of my apartment building were my parents. Horror went through me when I saw my father holding my diary.

How did he get inside my apartment?

My father spotted me and that’s when I saw the ambulance and EMT staff.

“_____, you need help. We promise we will do everything to help you get better.” I heard my father say. But I ignored what he said and just stared at the approaching men holding a straitjacket.

“I’m not crazy, dad! Don’t let them take me away! I’ll tell you everything! Just make them go!” I said slowly taking steps back.

I tried making a run for it but got tackled down. They were trying to put the straitjacket on, but I was fighting them.

“Mom! Help me!” I yelled out.

“Daughter, honey, you’re sick. We’ve looked up the Jin who used to live here, and he’s dead. You were planning on marrying him. You need help.” My mother said, in between sobs.

“Dad, please don’t let them take me. At least let me say bye to Jin please.” I cried out.

The straitjacket was already on, and the two guys were already holding me up.

“I’m sorry, _____. Take her away.”

They were now taking me to the ambulance. I looked away from my parents and looked at my apartment window.

What I saw broke my heart. Jin was beating against the window. I could tell he was crying, and it also seemed he was yelling something.

“Jin! I love you! I’ll be back! We will get married! Wait for me! Jin!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs with tears streaming down my face.

They finally got me inside the ambulance and took me to an asylum.

-.-

I didn’t know how much time has passed. But I didn’t care. My life was over. The only thing I’ve done was sit still. I’ve done that for hours, ignoring everybody.

I stopped eating, and didn’t sleep much. The only time I would sleep was when my body would shut down on its own, and have medical attention try to get me back to health. But nothing they did could heal my chest from the ache of heart-brokenness.

My parents came to visit, but I ignored them too.

My mother couldn’t even look at me anymore. But I didn’t care. Nothing else mattered. I was completely heart-broken, and I got worse every single day.

There were days were I couldn’t even move anymore. I would always cry at night, and my cries would get worse whenever I thought of Jin and what could have happened.

What if I didn’t write in my diary? Would we have gotten married? Would we have exchanged our vows to be together forever?

Was is it all in my head?

No. I refused to think like that.

I would ask myself things, to try to keep myself sane. But it was soon failing. I started to talk to myself, mostly questions directed at Jin.

During the night, it was a different thing. My chest would hurt, and I would get the doctors to sedate me to stop me from wailing.

I suffered through this for a six months until my broken heart finally liberated me from this hell.

-.-

I woke up, and everything was unfamiliar to me. Where was I? Who am I? What was my purpose? Why am I here?

More questions came to my head. I woke in a white room with someone tied up in a straitjacket. Who was that?

I looked down and noticed I was wearing a white, flowy sundress. I got the feeling it was important, but ignored that feeling. I looked to the only exit in the room.

I went forward, and quickly tried to open the door. My hand went right through the handle. What? How was that possible?

I tried again, but this time my whole body went right through the door. That was when I realized I could go through things. I quickly made my way and left what seemed to be an asylum. I wondered why I was there. Oh, well.

I walked aimlessly, going to everyplace, wondering if it was “the place.” Ever since I woke up, there was a feeling that I needed to go to. And after I went there, things would make sense, or I would remember something important. I knew for a fact, that my memories contained something or someone important. So I walked, and I walked.

From what I could tell, six months has passed since I got out of the asylum. I was about to give up, but stopped when I came across a building. It looked as if it has been abandoned recently, but it was calling me to come inside.

I slowly made my way inside, and it felt like my feet had a mind of their own. For some strange reason, my heart was pounding. I knew this was “the place.”

My feet took me to last room of the second floor I was in.

I felt my face after I felt something wet on my cheek, and found tears slowly leaving my eyes. Why was I crying? I guess it was about time to find out.

I then went through the door.

What I saw was an empty apartment. But once my foot made contact with the floor, I got flashes of my memory back. I remembered leaving to go to university, then I had an accident, my parents being a pain, and then moving into this apartment. The sudden memory caused my head to hurt, but I continued to walk around.

The apartment was small, and as I walked around, my memories became clearer. There was something else that I was missing.

I quickly went to what seemed to be the bed room, and found a guy lying on the floor to where it seemed a bed belonged to.

Once I saw him, my memories came back to me all at once.

The hauntings. Smiling at Jin when I first saw him. Meeting Jin while I was watching TV. Jin staring at me while I slept. Asking Jin to sleep together. Becoming a couple with Jin. Jin proposing. My parents hospitalizing me into an asylum. Jin watching while crying.

I sobbed once I remembered everything.

My sob caught Jin’s attention, and he looked at me.

“Jin,” I whispered.

“_____?” He asked with a shaky voice.

I nodded, and quickly ran to him. He rapidly got up and also ran to me. Once he reached me, he pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and held me tight. I wrapped my arms around him, and cried my eyes out.

“Jin!” I cried. I kept repeating his name over and over again. I snuggled my head closer to his chest, his warmth comforting me.

“_____! I’ve waited two years for you! How are you here? I missed you,” I heard him cry into my ears. Hearing his cries made me cry even more.

“Wait, two years?” I said trying to separate from him to look at his face. “But I was at the asylum for about six months while I was walking around for another six, shouldn’t it be a year?. And another thing, how did I get out? All I remember was waking up.”

He didn’t let me go and said, “Something is different about you, but I can’t put my finger on it. And I don’t care, I’m just so happy you’re here!”

I quickly lifted my face, and moved my arms to make him look at me. Then I slowly leaned forward and placed my lips on his. The kiss was soft and full of love in the beginning but then turned needy with passion. As the kiss continued, the warmth that came from his lips hypnotized me.

I quickly pulled away from him. “Jin, I felt warmth.”

He just nodded and tried to pull me back in for a kiss. I had to force myself to stop him, God knew how much I wanted to kiss that boy. I don’t think you understand. You’re emitting warmth.”

“I don’t understand. I’m confused.”

“When we were together, you never emitted warmth. I knew that from the first day we slept together and the first day we kissed.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jin looked a bit embarrassed.

“That’s not important. We need to figure out what changed.”

“______, I think I know what happened. Now that I’m thinking straight, I think I know.”

I eagerly waited for him to say it.

“_____, I think you’re a ghost too. I heard your parents talking about your death when they came to clean out this apartment. They were crying pretty hard, and I didn’t know what was going on. Your parents had people remove everything, and they really regretted what happened. They were both sobbing on the floor, yelling ‘I’m sorry.’”

His words made me freeze. He suddenly came to me and tried to comfort me through this news.

“_____, it’s okay. Everything happens—”

“Jin, I forgive them.”

“You do? That’s great!

”Jin?”

“Yes, _____?”

”Let’s get married. Now.” I said staring right at him. “Marry me, Jin.”

He sucked in a breath. “Right now?” He whispered.

“Right now.” I said, while grabbing his hands in mine. “Jin, I love you more than anything. A-And I’m not going to let this chance go. So will you do the honor of making me the happiest ghost and marry me?”

Jin looked like he was about to cry. “Yes. I will.”

“Okay, shall we exchange vows?” I said, almost crying of happiness.

“We shall. I’ll go first, you don’t know how long I’ve said this vow over and over waiting for you.” He said in a broken voice.

I nodded with tears in my eyes.

“_____, on this day, I give you my heart and life. I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love. I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you. I love you." Jin said, looking directly into my eyes, and grabbed both of my hands in his.

“Jin, I will love you, hold you and honor you. I will respect you, encourage you and cherish you, in health and sickness.” I laughed a bit when I said that. “With my whole heart, I will acknowledge and accept your faults and strengths, as you do mine. For all the days of my life. I love you, too.”

After exchanging vows, I finally noticed the light that was surrounding us. The scenery was beautiful, and I could tell Jin thought so too as he looked around as well. “_____, do you take me, Kim Seokjin, as your husband?” He asked me as the light got closer to our feet. I looked down and saw that our feet were disappearing, and the light was turning them into beautiful butterflies.

I wasn’t scared, and I knew Jin wasn’t either. Where we were going, we were both going together.

“I do,” I said with a smile, more tears threatening to come down. “And do you, Kim Seokjin, take me, _____, as your wife?”

He pulled me closer, as the light went up to our waists.

“I do.” He said, and he leaned closer than we already were and kissed me. By the time we kissed, the light was up to our shoulders. While we were still kissing, the light fully overcame us and we dispersed completely into majestic butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story was inspired by one of my favorite songs by Gloria Trevi. It’s called Psicofonia. It's an semi-old Spanish song, but will always be one of my favorites.