Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Great Day Gone Bad

Raelyn looked over the pictures that had been taken and smiled at how they came out. For some of them, she had been allowed to actually dress like most skaters did. She had been in a Birdhouse t-shirt, ripped jeans and a pair of Vans gym shoes. She had opted on only wearing knee pads and not elbow pads. They had gotten video and pictures of her on the board, in the middle of various tricks. The photographer had also gotten a few shots of her and Tony laughing about something that had been said.

In the next few pictures she was dressed in a crop top and short jean shorts. Mainly just posing. The only pictures in this outfit that she had worn a helmet was for the couple of vert tricks she did. A majority of these pictures mainly showed her smiling with the skateboard nearby, it showed her love for the activity. After finishing the pictures, Tony had made a final request. “Would you do an interview for my website? When this video gets posted, I’m going to get a lot of questions on why this girl isn’t skating for my brand.”

Raelyn shrugged and nodded. “Why not?” Tony grinned before taking the camera that had been used for the video footage and took a seat across from her.

He turned the camera on himself and gave a big smile. “Hey, I’m Tony Hawk and I’m about to release a bunch of videos and pictures advertising my merchandise. I figured you’d want to know a little bit about the model I chose for the job, so without further ado, let’s meet her right now.” He turned the camera on Raelyn and smirked at her. “Introduce yourself.”

“Hey, I’m Raelyn Benson. I’m currently modeling for Angels and Demons in Los Angeles. So if you ever need a model,” She winked towards the camera. “I’m your girl.”

“Why don’t you tell our viewers how we met.” Tony guided.

“I was skating down at the local skate park, and you walked up to me and asked me to skate for Birdhouse.” She smiled at the memory.

Raelyn had just wanted to get as far away from her parents and school as possible. Her dad had been trying to defend her to her mom, but her mom was being so loud about it that he just gave up. So once she had the opening she claimed she was going over to Tori’s house to study for a test and headed over to the skatepark where her backpack laid untouched on a bench as she went back and forth skating the bowls. She was in the middle of a vert trick when someone had stopped close enough for her to see their shoes.

“I’ve been watching you skate, you’re pretty good. You ever think of competing?” Came a somewhat familiar voice she only recognized from TV. She carefully dismounted from her trick and came up so she was standing in front of one of her skating idols.

“I’ve done a couple of local contests when I have time but I can’t do much else because of the fees. Plus, my board is pretty beat up.” She admitted as she looked down at the duct tape on the grip of her board.

“Would you consider skating for Birdhouse? I mean, you’ll need your parents permission but I think you’d be a great addition.” He smiled warmly and Raelyn felt her cheeks heat up. Outside of nerdy school clubs, she wasn’t used to being praised for things and told she’d be good at something. “Come with me, I want to give you the paperwork your parents would need to sign. And a little incentive to consider it.”

Raelyn flipped her board up into her right hand and followed him to his car after grabbing her bag. He handed her the paperwork and then pulled out a skateboard and offered it to her. He grinned at the way her face lit up. “You can’t be serious!” She exclaimed.

“Dead serious. Give me a call if your parents say yes.” Tony stated offering her a business card with his phone number written on the back.

“Thank you, so much!”


“So I’m guessing since I never heard back from you, your parents were against it?” He asked.

Raelyn let out a wistful sigh. “Yeah, I was so excited to be good at something that wasn’t school related. I wanted to escape my homelife so bad, and I finally thought I had an option. I figured they might consider it because there was a possibility to make money off of it. My mom said no and my dad agreed with her.”

Her mother snorted with laughter. “You, a skateboarder? Be realistic, Raelyn. You’ll never make it out there. You need to focus on getting into a good college. I’m not signing those.” Raelyn looked over at her father, a pleading look in her sad blue eyes.

He looked like it physically pained him to say the next few words. “Your mother’s right.”

“Of course, I am. Now go finish your homework.”


“Would you ever consider trying to skate professionally nowadays?” Tony asked, an interested look on his face.

Raelyn paused to think about it. “Maybe… I don’t know. I never thought about it.” She shrugged. “It would have to be after my modeling contract is up though.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Tony grinned. “Looks like that’s all the time we have. Stay tuned for all the awesome photos and video footage I’m going to be posting!” He turned off the camera and smiled. “That looks like it turned out well.” She nodded in agreement. “Let me take you out to dinner as a thank you and congratulations.”

“I don’t think your wife would appreciate that very much.” Raelyn stated with a laugh.

“Actually,” Came a female’s voice. “She doesn’t mind. I was just about to tell him my parents wanted to have dinner, and knowing him he’d want to bail anyways. Now he has a valid excuse and I can spend some time with my mom and dad and listen to them whine about how I married a skateboarder.” Kathy smiled at the two.

“Have I mentioned how much I love you, lately?” Tony told her with a goofy smile before walking up to her and pulling her into his arms. “So, what do you say?”

“Let me text Tori and let her know.” Raelyn smiled as she headed over to where her purse had been abandoned.
Zacky was sitting in a booth at Moretti’s, a popular Italian restaurant and bar, across from Brian and Michelle who looked bored as she stared at her cuticles. The guys were talking about changing up the progressions in one of the in the songs they were working on. Michelle excused herself to go grab a drink from the bar, not wanting to wait for their waitress who had been trying to flirt with both men at the table. She came to a stop when she recognized Raelyn sitting with...Tony Hawk?! How the hell did she know the king of all skateboarders?

“Well this will make for a lovely tabloid story.” She smirked to herself as she took a picture with her phone and then continued onto the bar to order her cosmopolitan. She sent an email to TMZ and any other tabloid she could think of. She sent a text to Meaghan with the picture and a text to look out for the tabloids. She headed back to the table with her drink in hand, and a beer for Brian.

“You seem happy, babe.” He smiled at the extra thought she put into bringing him a beer. She nodded with a sweet smile. “It’s nice to see you happy instead of frustrated.” He told her as he leaned in to kiss her and forced Zacky to look away, his eyes falling right on Raelyn and Tony. She was laughing at something he had said and he was grinning. He frowned and looked back to the table.

Michelle leaned into Brian and kissed his neck, she had her hand in his lap, and then leaned up to whisper in his ear. “Can we get out of here?” She asked, a husky tone in her voice. She never wanted to hang out with Zacky to begin with but Brian had wanted to talk music. She smirked as she felt him tense up. “Please?” She batted her eyelashes at him.

“Hey man, I just remembered something I gotta do… You gonna be okay on your own?” He joked and Zacky rolled his eyes and nodded. Once the couple had left the table, he was left with the two beers he and Brian had ordered a few minutes ago. He pulled one towards him and downed it quick.

“Can I get a burger and fries?” He asked the waitress with a polite smile. She nodded with a giggle and headed away. Zacky found his eyes back on the two a few tables away, he frowned and downed the other beer sitting on the table without a second thought.
Raelyn was listening to Tony’s story as she ate her salad. They’d been in there for about an hour, having told the waiter that they didn’t have to rush the food. She chuckled at something he had said, his stories of his and Bam’s misadventures always had her laughing. The last thing she expected was for Zacky to stumble up to the table. “You really do ge’ around. Ya kno’ that?” He slurred at her. “I didn’ think you were that muc’ of a ‘hore.”

“Zacky!” She exclaimed, her cheeks starting to heat up in embarrassment at how loud he was. Other customers were glancing their way.

“Wha’ are you, wife seven, or maybe eigh’.” He gestured towards Tony with the beer in his right hand, splashing some on the skateboarder, and she couldn’t tell if it was intentional.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” She whispered to Tony. She glared towards Zack. “Zachary! Stop that. Even if that were the case, it’s none of your business!”

He grumbled out something unintelligible. “Whatever, I’m goin’ home.” He dug his keys out of his pocket and started heading for the door. The staff making no attempt to stop him.

“I’m so sorry, Tony. I can’t let him drive like that.” She sighed. “I’ll catch up with you later.” She quickly scribbled her number on the back of her business card and jogged after Zacky to catch up with him. She grabbed his left arm quickly. “Give me your keys, right now.”

“Why shoul’ I?” He grumbled as he downed the rest of the beer that had been in his hand quickly.

“So you don’t spend the night in a drunk tank. Give me the damn keys, Baker.” She glared until he finally relented and handed her the keys. She then dragged him out by his arm and out the door. She hit the button to unlock the doors and headed to the black Escalade with the headlights that flashed. “You’re a fucking idiot.” She grumbled as she pushed him towards the passenger door and resisted the urge to roll her eyes

She walked around and started the car. He gave her his address and then the only sound other than the car on the road, was the occasional hiccup from the drunk man in the seat next to her. She pulled into his driveway and walked around to drag him from the car and into the house. She yelped when he nearly knocked both of them down to the driveway. Once they had made it safely into the house, she put her purse down so that she could find her phone to call a cab when she noticed him standing in front of her, staring. “Are you okay?” She questioned after noticing the blank look on his face.

He shook his head for a moment before throwing up all over her shirt and the floor. He mumbled out an apology as she cringed and did her best not to gag. She gently pushed him back a step before quickly pulling her shirt off and dropping it on the floor. He was still mumbling out apologies as she grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the stairs. “It’s fine,” She sighed. “Let’s just get you to bed.” She got him upstairs, had him brush his teeth and dragged him to his bed, making him sit down. “Arms up.” He gave her a weird look until she grumbled. “I’m sorry, if you want to sleep in that shirt then go ahead.” He raised his arms and she pulled his shirt up over his head. She then got down on her knees and untied and then pulled off his shoes. “Just try to stay on your side, okay?” She asked when he went to actually lay down. She found his trash can and put it next to his bed and headed for the door.

“Thanks, Rae…” He mumbled out as she headed back down the stairs. She went to search the kitchen for cleaning supplies, and cleaned up the mess in the front room, choosing to just throw her shirt out. She walked back up to Zacky’s room, he was passed out, which made raiding his drawers for a shirt much easier. She grabbed the first shirt she found, a Misfits shirt, and pulled it over her head before heading back down the stairs and curling up on the couch in his living room. Suddenly feeling too exhausted to make the effort to call a cab and wait up for one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing better than being puked on. Thanks for reading!

Raelyn's Outfits