Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Not Going Back

Zacky woke up to a major headache as the sunlight filtered in his window. Usually I’m smart enough to close that even when I’m wasted. He rolled out of his bed and walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. He grabbed the bottle of aspirin out of the medicine cabinet and headed down to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. He dry swallowed two pills and dropped the pill bottle on the counter. He leaned against the counter and rubbed at his temples with his eyes closed as he waited for the coffee to finish. He heard something go off that sounded like a text tone… But it wasn’t his text tone. He frowned slightly as he walked into the front room and then looked in the living room to see Raelyn curled up asleep on his couch… In his shirt.

He frowned in thought. What the hell had happened last night? He remembered going to the restaurant with Brian and Michelle. Drinking a few beers, being angry about something. And then nothing. But she was in his shirt, obviously something happened… Maybe she had been planning to sneak out before he woke up. That had to be it. Why else would she be in his house, wearing his shirt. He went back to the kitchen to grab a mug of coffee and came back into the living room, sitting on the chair and staring at Raelyn trying to remember more details from the night before.

A few minutes later, Raelyn woke up to Zacky staring at her and frowned. She pushed herself up into a sitting position and rubbed at the back of her stiff neck. “Why are you staring at me like that?” She mumbled, not fully awake yet.

“Trying to remember last night. Obviously something happened. You look good in my shirt,” He smirked at her. She gave him a weird look, and once she realized what was running through his head, her face darkened.

“We didn’t do that!” She snapped, and watched as his face clouded over.

“We didn’t? Then why are you in my shirt?” He questioned, seeming genuinely confused as she fumed.

“Because you puked all over one of my favorite shirts. But you wouldn’t know that because I came down and cleaned it up.” She grumbled. “You turn into an even bigger idiot when you’re wasted.” She stated spitefully.

“What did I do?” He asked, confused. “Well besides puke on you.”

“I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to go home so I can sleep in my bed.” Raelyn sighed, not wanting to be in his home anymore. She grabbed her purse and pulled out her phone and sent a text message to Tori who had been freaking out non-stop when she realized Raelyn had never come home the night before. “And to let my roommate know I wasn’t murdered.”

“I’ll drive you.” He offered quietly, he went to put clothes on and grab his keys. He put on sunglasses before he made his way to his car. “God you’re short,” He muttered as he readjusted the seat before sliding into the driver’s seat. “Where you live?”
Tori basically jumped on Raelyn when she walked in the door. “I was so worried about you. Why are you in a guy’s t-shirt?” She took a closer look and gasped. “Tell me that is not Zacky’s t-shirt.”

“What do you expect,” Raelyn whined softly. “Fucker puked all over my shirt! And if I had let him drive himself home last night, he would’ve ran into a tree… Or another car… Or off a bridge… Actually that last one wouldn’t be so bad…” She mumbled, a thoughtful look coming to her face.

“Raelyn!” Tori exclaimed. “Wait… How did you get to the point of him puking on you?” Her eyebrows furrowed together. “And you just spent the night at his house?!”

“I was eating out with a friend. A male friend. He came over all drunk and accusing me of being a whore and this guy’s future seventh wife. He went to go home, and I couldn’t let him drive like that. I took him back to his house… He barfed all over me. I tucked him in like a five year old, changed shirts and fell asleep on his couch after cleaning up.” She sighed and rubbed at her temples.

“Well then I have news you may not find all that exciting…” Tori stated with a small frown. “We were invited to a get together. Papa Gates sent the invite, and after telling him I’d try to keep in better touch with him…” She stated as she bit her lip. “I already told him we would go.”

“Wait, when did you tell him you’d keep in touch?” Raelyn glanced at her confused.

“My modeling job was a request from him… Everything came out. It was bad.” She whispered, tears coming to her eyes. “He lied to his dad about everything.” Raelyn reached forward and hugged her best friend. “Hopefully tomorrow doesn’t go too horribly.”

“We can get through it. We’re in it together.” Raelyn promised. Tori nodded and let out another sigh. “Wanna make brownies or cookies or something? Get your mind off of it?” Tori nodded and turned to raid their cabinets for something to make. Raelyn shivered slightly, suddenly feeling cold. “I’m going to go change into comfy clothes that don’t belong to Zacky Baker.” With that said she walked to her room and changed into sweatpants and one of her long sleeved v-necks.
They had spent the previous night drinking and eating comfort food, mainly in anticipation of what was coming. They also had stayed up way too late, which led to them rushing around to get ready when they woke up at noon. Which was when the barbeque was set to start in the first place… Tori had gotten in the shower first and was dressed in a black off shoulder crop top and a pair of Levi jeans. You could see the straps to her bikini under the shirt and jeans, and she was in her favorite pair of Chuck Taylors.

Raelyn pulled on a black skirt and a captain America tee. She had on her trusty Nikes and opted for her glasses instead of her contacts because she didn’t feel like attempting to put them in when she felt as exhausted as she did. “The blush you used compliments your skin well.” Tori stated with a warm smile as they headed for her car. Raelyn didn’t bother correcting her with the fact that she hadn’t put on any kind of makeup. The two grabbed their purses and headed for her car. Raelyn found herself spacing out on the drive over to the Haner residence. Tori was rambling on about something, but she hadn’t heard one word.

The car came to a stop and they could hear the music coming from the backyard. “Well, here goes nothing.” Raelyn mumbled as they went to get out. The two made their way to the front door, debating whether or not they should knock or just head to the back. After their knocks went unnoticed, they headed towards the back gate. Raelyn pulled the gate open and let Tori walked through first before following her slowly.

“Welcome Tori, Raelyn!” Papa Gates smiled and raised his beer as he watched them walk in, catching the attention of most of the people around him. Both smiled politely and raised their hands in greeting. Tori walked over and gave the older man a hug. Raelyn politely hung back and took a look around the backyard. Her parents were here along with Leslie who was on a break from school, the Baker parents and Zacky, Matt, Val, their two kids, Michelle, Brian Jr along with the rest of the Haner family. Johnny, his girlfriend Lacey, the new drummer and his girl, and even Meaghan was here. Raelyn rolled her eyes after seeing the girl in question.

“Thank you for the invite, Papa Gates.” Tori smiled warmly. She had tried using Raelyn as an excuse to not come, and he had extended the invitation to her as well.

“Not a problem! Eat up!” He gestured to the various appetizers sitting out on serving platters. Tori nodded with a smile and walked over to the nearest plate. She picked up a cracker and popped one in her mouth. She smiled towards Suzy before taking a seat at one of the chairs around the two tables that were set up outside. Raelyn took a seat on one of the chairs around the tables that wasn’t surrounded by various people.

She closed her eyes for a moment, and they snapped open when she heard someone sit down next to her. “No Matt, today?” Leslie asked with an inquiring smile.

“Hey, didn’t know you were back from school. And no. We broke up,” Raelyn gave a pained smile as Leslie immediately pulled her into a hug. “I’m okay. Well not okay, but I will be.” She mumbled, her head had been pounding since she woke up. Leslie pulled away from her and frowned slightly.

“You’re kinda warm, you feeling alright?”

“Yeah. Perfectly fine.” Raelyn flashed her infamous fake smile, and was relieved when Leslie nodded and backed off. A suspicious look still on the blonde’s face. “Oh, I wanted to ask you about some-”

“So,” Meaghan spoke loudly as she took a seat to Raelyn’s left. “Is he good in bed?” She smirked as the talking stopped, and all eyes were on the two of them.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” She asked confused as all hell.

“It’s all over the news, about you and Tony Hawk.” She smirked as she held up one of the tabloid magazines, before tossing them on the table for everyone to look at. “I knew you were a whore, cheating on your boyfriend with someone who’s nearly fifty.” Raelyn wanted to punch the smug smirk right off of her face.

“That’s not-” Before Raelyn could speak, a bunch of people spoke out at once.

“Raelyn Elizabeth Benson! I am so ashamed of you right now!” Came her mother’s rude voice. “I knew there was more!”

“I knew it.” Michelle’s voice had the same arrogant edge that Meaghan’s had.

Hushed whispers and gasps amongst the parents were all something or other about how they never would have expected this from sweet, innocent Raelyn. Zacky looked conflicted. He didn’t want to believe it, but he wasn’t sure what the truth was. And he wasn't about to stick up for her after everything that had happened the previous couple of days.

“Oh for Christ’s sake.” Raelyn stood up and swept her arm across the table, knocking the magazines to the ground. “One, Tuck and I broke up. Two, I can’t believe you could even think that low of me, Mother. And finally… I am not dating or going out with Tony Hawk in any fashion. You want to know the goddamn truth? Check out his website in the next couple of days. Everything is laid out, plain as day.” She growled. Before she could say her final statement, her cellphone went off.

Jenny I got your number. I need to make you mine. Jenny, don’t change your number. 867-5309.

“Hey, Jenny, what’s up?” Raelyn answered the phone, the rage in her voice contained well enough that her friend couldn’t hear it. “You know it’s funny that you bring that up, I may just want to file a lawsuit for defamation of character. And I know your boyfriend, Will is one of the best investigators out there. So yes, figure out the source and draw up the paperwork.” She stated with a pointed look towards Meaghan. “Anyways, I’ll call you later. I’m at a family gathering and I would absolutely hate to be rude.” Her tone was dripping with sarcasm. She hung the phone up and then glared at the people still staring at her. “I’m done here.” With that said Raelyn walked towards the gate and walked out.

She had only made it around the corner of the block when she had to stop and lean against the fence, and slid down to the sidewalk. Not feeling well was finally catching up to her. She closed her eyes and sighed. A few minutes later, she was no longer alone. She opened her eyes to see Zacky eyeing her up and down. “You okay?” He asked cautiously. He gently pulled her up to her feet, and gasped. “You’re hot.”

“Gee, thanks.” She stated sarcastically, rolling her eyes in the process.

“Not like that, idiot. Like a fever,” He grumbled as he pulled her forwards and reached out for her forehead. “Yeah, you’re burning up.” He stated, a concerned gleam in his green eyes. “Come on.” He went to pull her with him back towards the house and she shoved him away.

She had shoved him hard enough that she stumbled backwards and almost fell on her butt. “I’m not going back there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Raelyn
Tori

I don't think I've ever had this many subscribers to a story, thank you so much and sorry for the wait. I've been busy with work and half dead the rest of the time. Thank you for reading and I can't wait to hear what you think.