Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Bartenders Know Every Detail

Raelyn let out a happy sigh as she laid down on the couch after showering. “You almost done, Tori?! I wanna throw the movie in.” She called out. Tori walked out with a frown, her eyes seeming unfocused. “What’s wrong?”

“Do you remember how we got to the bedroom at Val’s? Because I vaguely do…” She mumbled as she thought back to the end of the disastrous night.

Matt came up to the bar where Brian and Tori were sitting. She was chugging a glass of water while he was sitting there silently staring at her. She looked up at him just in time to see him roll his eyes at Brian. He cleared his throat and Brian’s eyes shot up to her face. “You guys about ready to leave?” He asked, he’d been drinking but not nearly as hard as the two of them, that was apparent. Tori nodded her head and Brian mumbled an answer as he dug in his pockets. “Don’t worry about driving man, I know you aren’t wrecked, but you aren’t sober enough to drive either… Alright?” Brian nodded with a frown. “And you, was that a yes? I need a verbal answer to know you aren’t just nodding along to the music.”

Tori shot him a glare and crossed her arms over her chest. She waited a moment before speaking up, “Yes.” She clamped her mouth shut again and Matt looked over at Brian confused.

“She has the hiccups…” He explained with a shrug. “Even when she’s drunk, she hates them.” Matt looked over at Tori who was now glaring at Brian like he had given up some huge secret. “So we’re coming with you?” Matt nodded and went to walk ahead of them. Tori stood up and went to take a step, and stumbled slightly, she felt Brian catch her from behind and her heart began to race. “You okay?” His breath tickled her ear as he whispered his question.

She swallowed and nodded, glancing back at him for a moment before stumbling behind Matt a little too quickly. Once she was out in the cold air, she slowed down and glanced back to see Brian stopping to pull a cigarette out. She followed Matt to his Escalade and got into the back row when he unlocked the doors. She leaned against the window and closed her eyes. She let out a yelp when Raelyn came bouncing into the car and sat next to her in the middle of the bench seat in the back.

She looked up as the girl in question giggled at something Val said. Zacky ended up taking a seat on the other side of Raelyn. Val slid into the passenger seat and Brian ended up in the middle row seat that was behind the passenger’s seat, giving him the ability to glance back at her when he wanted to.

The trip was short, but apparently it was long enough for Raelyn to fall asleep, she glanced to her right and her friend was asleep with her head on Zacky’s shoulder. She watched as he carefully unbuckled himself and then her and managed to shake her awake long enough to get her to step out of the car. She then ended up being carried the rest of the way as Tori followed behind the two suspiciously. “Just lay her in one of the guest rooms,” Val called from behind them as the front door closed behind her.

“It’s not like I’m gonna do anything to her,” Zacky grumbled as Tori followed him into the guest room that he had laid Raelyn on the perfectly made up queen sized bed. She walked over and took off Raelyn’s shoes for her and then her own. She walked over to the wall and put them down along with her purse. She yawned and went to sit on the bed, before laying down next to Raelyn. “Have a good night, ladies.” He went to walk away.

“Stay,” Both Tori and Zacky did a doubletake at hearing Raelyn’s voice. “I’m still cold…” She mumbled as she curled into Tori slightly. “Just for a little while.” She compromised without opening her eyes. Zacky sighed before slipping off his shoes and laying down next to her.


“I don’t remember how Brian got into bed with us, but I remember Zacky… At least when he was fully clothed.” Tori sighed in thought. “You told him you were still cold and he agreed to stay with you for a little while… But I think he ended up passing out with us.”

Raelyn shrugged, “That’s not too bad. I mean I’m pretty confident I didn’t do anything too stupid… And it sounds like I can’t really tell you what happened with Brian being in the bed… I’m sorry.” She reached for the water bottle sitting on the coffee table and watched as Tori closed her eyes to try and remember something.

“Yeah, I got nothing.” Tori sighed. She flopped down on the couch and hit play on the remote. “Mmm, I love Paul Walker.” She stated as she recognized the beginning to The Fast and the Furious.

“Who doesn’t?” Raelyn smiled as he came on screen.
A few hours later, Raelyn and Tori were sitting in the living room discussing the previous night. They had decided that if they talked about everything they remembered, it might be easier to piece it all together. They had gotten past the beginning that wasn’t so blurry. Running into Brian and Michelle, watching Michelle storm out when Brian didn’t defend her, and telling Brian they were more than capable of getting a cab home later on in the night.

They recalled having some fun and drinking. And then Val had walked up and the two had stupidly agreed to come hang out with her and the guys. There were more shots… “How are we not more hung over after last night? Maybe we are alcoholics…” Raelyn reasoned with a laugh as she recalled and tried to count the drinks she had consumed the night before.

“Shhh, nobody's supposed to know that!” Tori stated seriously before breaking into laughter. Raelyn merely shook her head as Tori spoke up again. “Ugh...I don’t remember much else. And that annoys me.”

Raelyn nodded and then shrugged. “You wanna go talk to Annika and see if she saw anything or can look over the security footage and let us know if we did anything overly stupid?”

“Yes, let’s go harass, Nikki.” Tori decided as she jumped up. She walked over to the coat hooks by the door and grabbed her purse, placing her sunglasses on her face. “Is she working or are we going to harass her at home?”

Raelyn walked into her room to grab her purse and sunglasses, “I don’t know, let me give her a call and let’s go. And then food. Please.”

“Agreed.” Tori stated with a happy smile as the two headed out of the building and towards her car.
Once they made it to Annika’s house, Raelyn told Tori she would meet her in there in a few minutes. She had to return a call from the night before. She figured ripping the bandaid off would be the best approach. She took a deep breath before hitting send and waiting as it rang a few times.

“Hey, I didn’t think you’d return my call. He admitted quiet enough that she had to strain to hear him.

Raelyn bit her lip as she contemplated her answer before speaking. “I wasn’t sure I was going to or not… But last night I was drinking, so if I had answered last night it would’ve been a hot mess.” She chuckled to try and ease the awkward tension that she felt.

“You do become… More verbal when you’re intoxicated. He laughed and she smiled at the sound of it. “Did you at least have a good time?”

She nodded even though she knew he couldn’t see her. “Yeah, I did. My head didn’t when I woke up today, but it was nice to let loose after all of the drama that’s been going on.”

“Drama? Is everything okay?”

She mentally cursed herself out for having said it so freely. “Yeah. Just stupid shit. Someone I know decided to take some pictures and make rumors up about how I’m a cheating whore… And how I was going to be this guy’s next wife. It was stupid.” Raelyn rubbed at her eyes in frustration and let out a sigh. “How have you been? How’s Charlotte and Evann?”

“They’re both really good. Thanks for asking. And that sounds terrible. I’m sorry that people are being so horrible.” Raelyn wasn’t sure whether she should be happy or sad that talking to him was calming her down. She glanced up when she heard Tori let out a scream.

“I have to go. I’ll talk to you later. It was… nice talking to you.” She admitted again.

“Bye, take care, Rae. She heard the click as he hung up and hurried into the house.

“There is no fucking way that happened. Please tell me you’re kidding.” Tori pleaded with Annika who looked somewhat amused.

She held up her hand to try and calm the redhead. “It could be worse… Raelyn was really close to stripping down for Zacky.” Raelyn’s cheeks heated up at the thought of it, as a mortified expression came onto her face. “No worries, love, all you did was make out with him in his lap.” Annika had a smirk on her face as Raelyn’s hands came straight to her face to hide it.

“Can we stop talking about this now? Please. What else did Tori do?” Raelyn muttered through her hands. Tori shot her a glare and Annika put her finger to her chin in thought.

“Not much other than dancing reaaaaaally close to Brian. You guys seemed like you were talking about something pretty deep… But then you just stopped. He seemed kinda miffed and ordered a couple of glasses of water for you. And then you guys left.” She finished off her recollection of what she had seen or heard from them the previous night. “I deserve more tips.” She sighed as she watched both horrified girls just stare at one another.

After sitting in silence for about ten minutes, Annika had brought in some hot chocolate, “Come on ladies, cheer up. You got drunk, you had fun… You didn’t sleep with them. It could have ended up way worse.” She reasoned. Both girls sighed but nodded and accepted the mugs with no hesitation. “There you go. You know what always helps me get over stupid shit? A little retail therapy!” She smiled as theirs faces brightened up almost immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I've been really busy with work.