Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Day 2 and Family Disasters

Raelyn and Tori sat in front of the building in silence. They were both dressed down since they were going to be in different clothes within half an hour anyway. After staring at the building for what seemed like forever, the two slowly made their way into the building. They were ushered into a room and changed quickly and then sat down in front of mirrors as a different girl worked on their hair and makeup. “Today we’re going to have you guys with the guitarists.” The director told them as the boys walked in with the Dibenedetto twins in tow. There was another girl with them, a blonde with a nose and lip piercing that was clinging to Zacky like glue.

“How are you guys today?” Matt asked with a polite smile on his face. Rae and Tori shared a look before speaking together.

“Just peachy, thanks.” The twins shared a look as the guys just stared on in shock.

“We can finish each other’s sentences if we try hard enough too.” Raelyn stated as she reached for a bottle of water that was sitting on a tray nearby. She twisted the top off and took a small sip. Tori just crossed her arms over her chest and stared them down until the director called them over.

The two did what was asked of them, even when it felt like more of a nuisance than anything else. Tori had to do a few poses and shots with Brian, while Rae had been forced to work closely with Zacky. During a short break, Raelyn’s iPhone filled the silent room as ‘Remember Everything’ by Five Finger Death Punch started playing loud. Raelyn sighed as she sauntered over to her phone and quickly answered her phone. “Hi Mom.” She made a face at Tori as she listened. “That’s really nice of you but-” She bit her lip as her mom ignored the fact that she was trying to say no. “I don’t think-” She let out a frustrated huff as she listened to her mom continue to talk to her. “Fine, that sounds great. I’ll see you, tomorrow.”

“Family fun time?” Tori questioned.

“I guess I owe it to her… I don’t think I’ve seen her in a couple of years. And perfect little Leslie is away doing her undergraduate.” Raelyn stated with a roll of her eyes. “She doesn’t visit out by choice too. But her excuse is more rock solid since she’s at NYU.”

“Still… You sure you want to see her?” Tori asked with a slightly disgusted look, recalling the words Raelyn’s mother used to use to describe her oldest daughter when she wasn’t in the room.

“No, but my dad doesn’t deserve my anger towards her.” Raelyn reasoned with a quiet sigh. “Sorry for ditching you tomorrow.”

“No worries, I have another job.” She stated with a smug smirk.

Raelyn raised an eyebrow at her best friend. “I don’t know whether to be jealous that you have a legit reason to not go anywhere outside of work tomorrow or offended that you didn’t tell me right away.”

“Psh, you will just love me because it’s going to bring us that much closer to better furnishing our apartment. Duh!” Tori exclaimed. Before the two could continue their conversation, they were pulled back to work.
A few hours later, they were taking the last break before finishing up the shoot for the day. Raelyn was leaning against the wall, responding to text messages and scrolling through facebook. Tori took the time to watch some music videos before letting out a squeal of excitement. “You didn’t tell me you got to play one of the main girls in this music video!”

Raelyn looked up from her phone and over at Tori who was staring at her phone screen in awe. Michelle and the new girl, Rachel had walked over. “You’re probably imagining things. There’s no way anyone would hire her to be a main person in any kind of video.” Michelle stated, the new girl who had been somewhat quiet was nodding as Tori glared.

“Yes, because you all know Raelyn so well.”

“They’re probably right though, you still need glasses?” Johnny snickered as he walked over too. Val and Matt shared a look, not liking that their uneasy truce was starting to fall apart.

“I’ll fucking show you, you assholes.” She muttered as she walked over to a nearby screen and synced her phone up to it. She set the video to the beginning and hit play. The beginning started with the five band members of ‘The Wanted.’

“Oh, you mean she used to be a guy.” Rachel stated with a smirk. Raelyn rolled her eyes and glanced back at her phone. “Not going to watch your pre-transformation video?” Rachel taunted, frowning at the lack of response from the girl in question. Once it really got into the video, the recognized her immediately. “This looks like a cheap music video.”

“Like you would know what a music video looks like.” Raelyn snickered as she finally looked up from her phone.

“You sleep with them to get that job?” Michelle fired back, sticking up for her friend.

“And you said all you did was a couple of skate tricks in the video…” Tori laughed. “Not going to lie, dude looked like he was actually into you.”

“Who, Max? Nah, he had a girlfriend. She convinced him to think I was her for the video and promised him rewards for a job well done. But I went out with Tom for a while.” She admitted with a warm smile at the memories of British boy.

“Okay… You’re going to have to explain who is who. Max was the guy you were dancing with in the video. Which one was Tom?” Raelyn chuckled and turned the video back enough to point out the one who was serenading one of the models against a wall, looking very intimate. “Oh he’s cute!”

“I know.” Raelyn admitted with a shy smile, the group pulled from their conversation once again when the director called.
The following day, Raelyn begrudgingly watched Victoria walk out the door with her bag. She was headed to the beach for a bikini shoot. Meanwhile, Raelyn was stuck with going to her childhood home. She dug through her suitcase for clothes when she got a text from her father suggesting she bring a bathing suit, just in case, since the beach was within walking distance from the neighborhood she had grown up in. She ended up in a pair of jean shorts and a grey racerback tank top with a cute design on the front. She had thrown her bikini on underneath that and slipped on a pair of wedge sandals. She put on eyeliner and some natural looking makeup, having every intention of showing her mom that she had been wrong.

After checking the mirror one final time, she grabbed her purse and headed out the door. A short drive later and she was standing in front of the front door. She knocked quickly and plastered a fake smile on her face as her mom threw the door open. “Hi, mom!”

“Lynny!” She stated excitedly. “I have a great surprise for you! Maria has been asking how you’ve been, she wants us to come over for dinner!” Raelyn kept the fake smile on her face as she spoke next.

“Great!”

“Come on in.” Raelyn walked in and greeted her father with a hug. The three sat down and talked for a little bit before the phone rang and Raelyn was soon ushered into the Baker’s family home.

“You look great, sweetheart!” Maria Baker exclaimed as she pulled the brunette into a warm hug. James Baker gave her a hug as well and then led them into the living room where thankfully the only other Baker in the house was Matt. Although that wasn’t that much better given their awkward friendship.

Zacky had made their friendship awkward by questioning why Matt had been hanging out with a loser like her. “Hey Matt, long time no see…” She smiled tightly. He nodded and cleared his throat.

The doorbell rang and Maria excused herself, and Raelyn heard the second voice she was hoping to not hear that day. “Hey mom.” She glanced back to meet Zacky’s green eyes and immediately went back to looking towards Matt. Picking the lesser of two evils, she walked over to Matt and took a seat next to him. She gave him a bright smile before he could question why she would choose to sit next to him.