Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Drunken Misconceptions

Raelyn had ended up at a family dinner begrudgingly. Her mother had promised her that it would just be a small gathering and that it would only be ‘family.’ She was told to dress ‘nicely.’ Raelyn sort of followed through… She wore a skirt. But chose a red v-neck t-shirt from Spencers and a pair of red Converse for the rest of it. When she made it to her parents’ house she frowned at the different cars parked around it. Something seemed off, but then again she hadn’t been keeping track of her family members’ cars as time had gone on.

She walked up to the door and knocked, she was surprised when Brian Haner Sr. answered the door. “Raelyn, is that you? You look fantastic!” He stated enthusiastically as he pulled her into a hug and closed the door behind her. “Suzie, look at how great Raelyn looks!”

She soon found herself surrounded by various Haners, Brian Jr. was standing with Zacky with a beer in hand as he looked at her from afar. She shot a glare towards Brian for what Tori had told her and then quickly smiled at McKenna and Brent as they both complimented her. She was then bombarded by Maria and James Baker who each hugged her. Matt gave her an apologetic look, a slight blush coming to his cheeks as he remembered their last encounter. She was then greeted by various family members ending with her mother.

“Doesn’t Matt look good tonight?” She asked with a twinkle in her eyes. Raelyn noticed Maria staring at her as she waited for an answer. Raelyn swallowed at the fact that it seemed like more family members were looking over at her as well.

A familiar guitar rift came from her purse that she still had on her arm. She immediately started digging into her purse. Am I going insane? My blood is boiling inside of my veins.

She fumbled with her phone for a second before finally picking it up. “Hello,” She asked breathlessly, happy to have a distraction as she moved away from her mother. “Yeah if they want to. But I don’t get why they’d all want to pile into a small apartment. Ah okay. Yeah, no that’s fine. No, I still need to find a dress. Oh god, why do I have a feeling you and Tori handling that may be a bad thing?” She questioned, the corners of her lips twitching up in a small smile. “Alright, I’ll trust you. Okay, I’ll see you later. Alright, bye.”

“What do you need a dress for?” Zacky’s voice came from across the room. It seemed that most of the people in this room were just being obnoxiously nosey.

“A friend’s wedding.” She lied. She knew Avenged Sevenfold was likely to be at the awards show… But they didn’t need to know that she would be there. “So, what’s for dinner?” She asked her mom, turning to look at the woman in question and changing the subject.
After a long night of dealing with her parents, Zacky’s parents, Maria and Carrie trying to set her and Matt up, and all the odd looks from Zacky and Syn, she was finally able to go home. She snuck out when she realized most of the people at this little ‘get together’ were drunk. She drove home and walked into the apartment to find all the members of Bullet For My Valentine passed out around the living room. Tori was curled up between both Michaels. Whereas Matt had fallen asleep on the reclining chair. She looked over to the coffee table and there was a note from Jason explaining that he was taking a cab to the hotel so that he could sleep in a bed rather than on a floor.

She walked over to the chair and kissed Matt’s forehead before walking into her room to change into pajamas. She pulled on the Victoria’s Secret flannel pants and tank top, not bothering to throw her shirt and skirt in the hamper for the night. The girl in question quickly crawled into her bed and let out a yawn. She laid on her back and stared up at the ceiling as her mind wandered. Tonight had been annoying. Everyone seemingly so surprised that she knew how to take care of herself and had lost weight. So surprised that she looked good. She had overheard Syn, Zacky, and both of their younger brothers (Brent and Matt) talking about how surely there had to be some sort of plastic surgery… Or maybe she had gone anorexic for awhile. Either way she had to walk away before she smacked them for making comments like that.

But once she had walked away from that, she was swarmed by the hoards of parents saying she would look good with Matt. And how they used to play together when they were younger, (like seven), and it would be so sweet. And when they were all drunk enough they even brought up the idea of children. Somewhere along the line one of them had even mentioned Zacky’s name to which Raelyn had immediately said there was no way she would ever go out with him. And then immediately added on a ‘no offense’ so that she didn’t offend his parents. But they had been so hammered that they just took that as her saying she preferred Matt to Zacky. Which was okay with them. His mom going on to ask her for grandbabies before shooting Zacky a glare and saying he wasn’t giving her any anytime soon, and that she was envious of Matt Sanders’ mom who now had two grandbabies.

It had been at that point where she had lied and said she needed to smoke and check in on her friend. She had held up her phone for added emphasis. Once she had stepped outside and closed the door behind her, she ran for her car and didn’t look back. They wouldn’t remember that she hadn’t said goodbye and she could finally breathe again. She let out a frustrated sigh when she realized that she felt wide awake.

She was soon joined by Matt and she felt herself melt into him when he got into the bed next to her and pulled her into him. “How was your family?”

“Awful. How was your night?”

“Eventful.” He kissed the top of her head and smiled as she curled up into his chest and yawned again. “But we can talk about that tomorrow.” She nodded silently and slowly started to drift off into unconsciousness. “Sweet dreams, Rae.” He whispered quietly.