Deadly Weapons

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Currently listening to: All Time Low- If These Sheets Were States: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDhoDYBG...
Like, Comment and Follow for more updates! 
______________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 1: New Beginnings 

When were little kids our parents tell us made up stories about mythical creatures like fairies, unicorns and leprechauns that show up at the end of the rainbow. Then there's the darker mythical beasts, the creatures that lurk in the shadows, the ones that look normal to the public eye but deep inside they have a dark presence; you know which ones I'm talking about, the werewolves and the vampires. You may turn your nose up and you may think 'but these are just mythical folk tales' or 'they only exist in movies!' Well let me tell you now, you're deadly mistaken. 
 
That's the thing about these strange creatures, they could be anyone but you'd never tell, oh no. These creatures have lived in fear and darkness for centuries but within the last 10 years or so a new breed of these deadly creatures have emerged making them even more deadly than ever before. Before the sunlight was a vampires enemy, well not anymore.
 
I myself used to believe that these creatures were just fiction; I mean who would believe in blood sucking beings that roamed the earth at night preying on innocent, unsuspecting civilians? Not me before I moved with my mom to Pittsburg, but that belief soon changed when I met some of my classmates.
 
I had quite a happy life when I lived in Washington. I didn’t really bother anyone and nobody really bothered me. We lived in a decent neighborhood where everyone kept themselves to themselves and you’d see husbands out mowing their lawns every Sunday morning. I liked my life up until I was around 14; that was when my parents started fighting.
At first it was just little spats between the two of them over stupid, pointless things but all too quickly things began to spiral out of control. The little spats turned to full physical fighting where the two of them would be screaming at each other from the moment my dad walked through the door at 6pm. Whenever anything got too much, I’d often find myself jumping out of my second story bedroom window and walking to the park where I’d sit on the swing set, my music blasting through my ear buds blocking out the world around me and head back home before it got too late, they never missed me.
 
Eventually after putting up with it for 3 and a half years my mom decided to leave and drag me with her, don’t get me wrong I love my mom to pieces but since the move I’ve had no contact whatsoever with my dad and I did miss him. But anyway here I am on my first day at my new school, my mom had tried to get me to be excited about it for weeks but I just wasn’t buying it, she’d moved me away from everything I ever knew, all the people I knew and felt secure around and just plonked me in the middle of a large town with no body I knew and expected me to be happy about it and ‘get on with it’ all in my final year of school too.
 
“Now are you sure you're going to be okay walking? I can drive you if you want?” She asked me, messing around with my lunch.
 
“Mom everyone knows that if you’re the new kid and your mom drives you to school on the first day that you’re practically a bullies target.” She shot me a disapproving look at me. “Its like 3 blocks away mom, I’ll be fine.” I put my arms on her shoulders and gave her the best reassuring smile I could conjure up.
 
“Okay, but I want to hear all about it when you get back okay?” She told me.
 
“I’ll make sure to fill you in on all the boring details.” She chucked and handed me my lunch box I kissed her on the cheek before walking to the front door.
 
“Have fun, and make friends.” She called to me before I left, I rolled my eyes and stuck my ear bud in my ears before stepping out and making my way down the street to the direction to school. I glanced up at the dull, grey sky and sighed I saw my breath cloud in front of my face, it was too cold here I thought to myself pulling my hoodie tighter around my small frame. I carried on walking until I collided with someone causing me to fall right on my arse onto the cold, wet pavement, I took out my ear buds and was about to release my rage on whoever had knocked me down but they beat me to it.
 
“Hey watch it!” The voice from above me exclaimed angrily. I looked up and saw a skinny boy around my age stood above me; he was only a couple inches taller than me and I saw the glint of a metal hoop from his nose and lip, his black hair swooped over his face covering his right eye and his skin, my god I don’t think I’ve ever seen skin so pale in my life. Our eyes locked and his were a dark brown practically black colour, we kept eye contact for a few seconds before he looked away.
“Er sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” He muttered reaching out his hand to me, oh yeah I was still on the floor wasn’t I?
 
“Don’t worry about it, I don’t think I was paying full attention to my surroundings either.” I replied taking his hand and brushing myself off.
 
“You’re new aren’t you?” He asked looking at me intently as if he were trying to stare into my soul. I blushed under his intense gaze and nodded. “TJ, I live right there.” He pointed to the house behind us, it looked around the same size as the one I’d moved into but I felt something different there.
 
“Alexia, or Lexi I moved in down the street a couple weeks ago.” He nodded but didn’t say anything else instead we walked in a comfortable silence, I kept my head down staring at my vans clad feet, I could hear the drum and heavy guitar coming from TJ’s headphones that were wrapped around his neck.
 
“You got your schedule yet?” He asked as we crossed the street, his question took my by surprise considering we’d been walking in silence for the past couple of minutes.
 
“Er yeah, its in my bag though.” He stopped walking and opened the flap of my bag and rummaged through it. “The fuck do you need all this shit in here for?” He muttered, I just rolled my eyes and watched him carefully until he found the piece of paper, which had all my lesions on. His eyes skimmed the page and he nodded before handing it back to me.
 
“Looks like were going to be seeing a lot more of each other.” He smirked continuing to walk again. We walked for another couple of minutes before I saw the gates to the school grounds and the crowds of teenagers crowding outside them, I instantly began to feel nervous TJ must've sensed it somehow and turned around to face me as he was a couple steps ahead of me.
 
“Don’t worry.” He told me. “If you stick with me no one will bother with you.” He must have a reputation then, I thought to myself. I saw him smirk which made me feel self-conscious and I looked away from his stare. “C’mon then.” I reluctantly followed him through the gates, dodging people here and there. A few heads turned in my direction but I continued to stare at my feet until I noticed that TJ had stopped walking, I saw 4 guys stood around a table, one of them was sat on the table top and the rest were stood round him laughing at something he'd just said when we walked over though they all turned to look at us. 
 
 
 
“Who’s that?” The guy who was sat at the table asked pointing to me.
 
 
 
“Lexi, she’s new.” TJ said, I noticed the emphasis he put on ‘new’, the guy nodded understanding.  “Lexi meet Jacky, Ashley, Andy and Craig.” TJ pointed to each one as he said their names. I instantly noticed how pale they all were, must be because of the lack of sunlight here. Craig who was the one sat down was pretty cute, he had hair like TJ’s just slightly longer, he had the same dark brown eyes as TJ just slightly lighter rimmed with eyeliner and I noticed that he had snakebite piercings. The guy who TJ pointed out as Andy was tall, had the top layer of his black hair spiked up I noticed a blonde streak in it, his eyes were a piercing blue colour and I noticed a single black hoop through the right side of his lip, he smiled and waved at me when he noticed I was looking, I waved back returning the smile. Ashley was stood next to him and he was a good inch smaller than Andy, his eyes were like Craig and TJ's. He had a small section of hair on his left side shaved and like Andy’s the top layer had been spiked up, he was looking me up and down with a smirk on his face which made me feel uneasy. And finally there was Jacky who was probably the palest person I'd ever seen, this paleness made his icy blue eyes pop out, like Craig he had snake bites but he also had his nose pierced, he gave me a small wave and a smile which I returned. 
 
TJ sat next to Craig and they began talking about something but I didn't really catch on to what. Andy was talking, well attempting to talk to Ashley who was still looking me up and down the smirk still on his face and Jacky was stood with his ear buds in texting. I stood there awkwardly looking at the ground until I heard someone sigh. 
 
"You can sit you know." Craig said suddenly which made me look up. 
 
"She doesn't want to, she feels awkward." Ashley told him before I could even move or say anything; I was shocked it was like he read my mind or something. I noticed his smirk grow bigger but he turned away and re focused his attention on Andy who was hitting his arm and muttering things to him that I couldn’t hear. 
 
The bell rang a few minutes later and while everyone around me moved to head to where they were suppose to be I just stood there not really knowing where to go. 
 
"Are you coming or you just going to stand there?" TJ asked turning around to face me. I didn't say anything in response I just made my way through the crowds of people and followed him and the guys to our class.