Deadly Weapons

Chapter 11: No sanctuary?

Chapter 11: No sanctuary?
 
Third person POV:
They were onto something; Natasha sensed it she had sensed it right from the moment she had told them what had happened. She could deal with it! They didn’t understand! They never understood; her opinion and position in the group was always oppressed and undermined she was sick of it! She could take care of herself and the people who crossed her; she just had to prove herself.
 
There had been a shift with the half bloods, she sensed that too and she knew deep down that Ronnie had something to do with it. Maybe that bitch had finally found out what her freakish ‘friends’ really were? Natasha had hopped that this was the case because that would mean that bitch would be alone and vulnerable which was just where Natasha wanted her to be.
 
She had done everything to make that bitch feel intimidated whilst they crossed paths in the hallway and it had worked Natasha knew it, no matter how hard she tried to mask it Natasha knew she got under her skin. Natasha wanted to torture that bitch for what she did and it gave her such satisfaction
 
The last day brought with it a sense of relief for Natasha, school had always been a stressful tease for her and it was nice to have a two-week break from it all. She wandered slowly through the third floor corridor not really knowing what else to do with herself when she heard voices coming from one of the classrooms. She froze on the spot and strained her ears to attempt to hear the hushed conversation that was taking place in one of the classrooms. A couple more feet down the corridor left Natasha outside the Spanish class where the voices were louder.
 
There were two kids in there, one male and one female but the male was stood in front of the female so she couldn’t see who they were, “Get off me!” The female exclaimed trying to push his body away from hers. Natasha’s eyes widened when she realized who it was, Natasha ducked to the side away from the window of the door.
 
Lexi and Craig.
 
The voices were quieter now so she couldn’t quite hear what was being said between the two of them but after about 5 or so minutes the voices began to get louder again as the two of them began walking toward the door of the class.
 
“Well then Andy’s grandparents have a second home that they barley ever use just out of state and we normally go up there around this time of the year because his grandparents leave it in Andy’s care, why don’t you come with us and we can explain everything you want to know in detail to you?” Craig’s voice made Natasha jump as she quickly hid behind the nearest wall, a few seconds later the two of them emerged from the class walking close to one another and smiling at each other- it made Natasha sick watching the two of them.
 
They made sure that the door was shut before they scurried off down the hallway to the stairs, once Natasha couldn’t hear their footsteps any longer she emerged from her hiding spot and processed all of the new information she had gathered.
 
They were talking again.
 
They were arranging a weekend away to ‘explain everything’ presumably about the whole ‘vampire’ thing.
 
Lexi was protected.
 
Again.
 
Natasha cursed at herself for not taking action when she had the chance, there’d be no way that she could touch the stupid bitch now- especially now that Craig was at her side.
 
She knew that she would need help with this- as much as it made her bitter to admit it. Ronnie and the guy’s help would be necessary at this point and a new plan of action would have to be taken.    
 
‘I need a plan’ with that she slid her cell back into her pocket and followed the hallway the opposite way to Craig and Lexi.
 
-*-
 
Lexi’s POV:
"Hey mom can I ask you something?" I asked as she walked through the door, she looked pretty flustered but she nodded as I followed her through into the kitchen where she dumped her handbag on the countertop. 
 
"What is it sweetheart?" She asked. 
 
"Well I was wondering if I could stay at TJ's for the weekend? I haven't seen him a lot recently due to mock exams and things so he invited me over for a couple of days to catch up and finish off some final protects we have." I saw her think about it for a second before she nodded. 
 
"Alright, I know how hard you've been working it'll be nice for you to have a little break plus I'm away for the weekend which was what I needed to talk to you about but considering you're going to TJ's you've saved me the talk." 
 
"Where are you going?" I asked. 
 
"No where special, just a stupid business trip about two hours away, I'll be gone until Tuesday." She explained, I nodded and let her settle down before she had to start packing. I went up to my room and text Craig to let him know that I could go and I then text TJ telling him I'd be around his place in about half an hour’s time.  I got to work packing my bag so that I wouldn't be late, once I had finished I had about ten minutes until I had to be at TJ's so I brought my bag down stairs and sat on the couch next to my mom who was watching some TV show. 
 
"Are you leaving tonight then?" I asked her. 
 
"Yeah, a little later on though so I don't need to be getting packed just yet." I nodded and focused on the TV until it was time to go.
 
“I’ll text you later on sweetie.” She told me as she walked with me to the front door, when I opened it I saw Craig and Jacky walking up the path, mom waved at them and greeted them as they walked up the stairs. “Hello boys.” She smiled warmly at them; Jacky waved in response I could tell he felt awkward but Craig returned her smile and said a simple ‘hey’.
 
“I’ll see you next week then mom.” I told her before hugging her tightly; we said a rather long goodbye before she finally let me go.
 
“I can tell your mom thinks the world of you.” Craig laughed as we walked up the street, he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into his side, I sighed feeling content as I leaned my head on his shoulder.
 
“I know, all we have is each other- especially since the whole divorce thing happened,” Craig nodded knowing not to ask any further questions. I felt a shift in the atmosphere as if we were being watched; I glanced around me seeing all the familiar friendly sights of the warm glow of my neighbour’s houses but that night I wasn’t getting the same friendly feeling. 
 
“You okay?” Jacky asked just as we approached TJ’s house.
 
“Yeah I just…” I trailed off as something caught my eye, a figure stood a little further down the street, I couldn’t see who it was but they gave me the creeps. Jacky and Craig followed my gaze to the mysterious hooded figure watching us both their faces contorted in confusion then to worry.
 
“Lets get inside.” Jacky murmured before opening the door, I didn’t follow him in though I gazed at the hooded figure for a few seconds more before I felt Craig walk forward taking me with him.
 
I didn’t know what it was about that figure but it gave me a weird feeling.