Deadly Weapons

Chapter 14: Déjà Vu

Chapter 14: Déjà Vu
 
A throbbing pain in the side of my head blinded me as I opened my eyes. Darkness surrounded me and I became aware of the metal restrains tying my body down leaving me motionless. There’s a putrid smell in the air that I cant put my hands on that first makes me want to throw up but eventually I become used to it.
 
I don’t know how long I laid there in the darkness; I heard the sound of dripping every so often, where were the guys? All I wanted was to be back with the guys at my house watching stupid movies, not here. A dark chuckle echoed in the darkness making me jump. A light above me flickered every couple seconds plunging the room in complete darkness for a split second, I couldn’t see what was around me nor did I want to know. What the hell happened? I racked my brain as I sat there trying to remember what had happened; shouting, running and a lot of pain was all I could piece together.
 
I jumped as the door flung open, I squinted as a beam of light flooded the room but it was quickly blocked by the menacing figure I instantly recognized, I shot him daggers as he waltzed into the room- huge cocky smile plastered over his stupid, smug face that I wanted to punch so badly.
 
“Oh you’re awake.” He smirks towering above my tiny figure.
 
“Where. Are. The . Guys?” I demanded through gritted teeth.
 
He knelt down to my level and tapped his chin in a sarcastic over thinking manner. “The guys? The guys? Hm, who are ‘the guys’ darlin’?”
 
“I’m not your “darlin’” tell me!” He grabs my hair forcefully, yanking my upper half of my body forward closer to his.
 
“Now, now. “ He wags his finger in my face in a patronizing manor. “That’s no way to speak to someone who has yours and everyone else you love’s life in their hands is it?” I stay silent knowing that if I were to speak out of turn again I’d instantly regret it.
“Where were we?” He asks. “Oh I remember! ‘The guys’ if you mean the half blood pussies who have no place here or anywhere for that matter I know where they are.” I growled all I wanted to know was where they were and where I was! He smirks again getting in my face, his breath fanning across my face having the putrid smell of fags and booze invade my nostrils making me want to gag, I spat in his face which resulted in a sharp slap to the face and a punch to the gut.
“Stupid girl!” He snarls. “Bring up the lights!” He calls out to an unknown body.
 
The lights are switched on making me squint again due to the dramatic change in light, I survey my surroundings and instantly cringed at the sights I was seeing. The walls were concrete and stained with blood and god knows what else, the thing that made my eyes instantly fill with tears and my heart race was the sight of Craig, TJ, Andy, Ashley and Jacky slumped against the wall motionless dried blood stained their faces and matted their hair. I could faintly see each of their chests rising and falling which filled me with hope but when I turned back to face him, it all disappeared.
 
“I was going to keep you all alive, but now thanks to you that’s not happening.” Three more men enter the room walking toward the guys.
 
“LEAVE THEM ALONE!” I screamed at them but to no avail. “NO!”
 
-*-
I gasped as I sat up suddenly. My breathing was heavy and I felt hot, I felt an arm gently wrap around my waist pulling me back down, I looked up and saw Craig staring down at me, concern across his features.
 
“You alright?” He asked softly his hand rubbing my side comfortingly.
 
I nod, “Yeah, bad dream.”
 
“Well, we’re here now. Nothing is going to get you, especially if I'm around.” He vowed before kissing my head lightly I felt a warm feeling course through my body; I snuggled close to his chest and attempted to close my eyes again.
 
I didn’t manage to get back to sleep however, the creepiness of the dream kept haunting my thoughts forcing me to keep my eyes wide open for the remainder of the journey. The car ride was silent except for the buzz of the radio, Andy’s voice giving directions and the light sound of snoring from the guys that filled me with comfort, especially after the dream I had just woken up from- it was nice to know that we were safe.
 
"Yo lovebirds were here." TJ called back to us, I shot him a death glare before following the guys out of the car. It was late and I knew there wouldn't be much time to take in our surroundings, as we were all tired from the drive.
 
The lodge it's self was fairly big and its surroundings were beautiful though.  There were neatly planted plants, which lined the pathway and the front of the porch. The curtains were drawn but I could already picture what it would be like inside the wooden walls. Andy rummaged around by one of the plant pots by the front door while the rest of us stood around taking in our surroundings until he pulled out a key and unlocked the door with it.
We followed him inside where it was everything I thought it would be, the living room was large with a huge open fire on the far side of the living room, there was a small flat screen TV on the wall opposite the fireplace with a bunch of large armchairs and comfy looking sofas surrounding the TV. The kitchen was just off the main hallway and had the few simple kitchen essentials you’d need in your everyday kitchen. There were two more rooms leading off the hallway, one was a bedroom and the other was a toilet.
 
Because there was more of us we had to pair up, not that I minded as I was sharing with Craig. I had no idea what it was about him that made me attracted to him, but whatever it was, it had a strong grip on me. He took one of my bags from me and carried it upstairs along with his own while I carried my duffel bag behind him. 
 
"Which room is ours?" I asked as we reached the top of the stairs.
 
"One at the end I think." He replied. There was some fumbling round in the dark as we looked out for our room and we collided once or twice in the process but eventually we found it.
 
I collapsed onto the bed with a content sigh. "Comfy?" Craig chuckled dumping our bags in the corner. I nodded my head into the pillow.
 
I sat up just after Craig slipped into the bathroom to get changed and checked my phone to see a text from my mom telling me that she’d arrived at her hotel and asking me if I was safe; I knew she’d freak out if I told her that I had been in a punch up so I simply told her that I had arrived safe and sound and that I’d text her in the morning.
 
Craig emerged from the bathroom a few moments later in his pajama pants, his clothes that he had worn that day in his hands. He gave me a small smile that I returned as I grabbed my pajama shorts, tank top and makeup wipes and slipped past him into the small bathroom.
I quickly took off my makeup cringing at how hollow my eyes looked without my usual makeup enhancing them. I striped out of my clothes and slipped my shorts on, I was about to change into my tank when the bathroom door swung open.
 
“I left my phone in- Oh my god I’m so sorry!” I yelped and spun around to a wide- eyed and startled Craig. I had an instant feeling of déjà vu, as it had been the second time Craig had caught me in this position. My face became hot as I handed Craig his phone, none of us said a thing and I didn’t dare look him in the eye.
“Thanks” He muttered, I snuck a glance at him and saw that his cheeks were a light shade of pink but he was staring down at me. 
 
“It’s alright,” I said just above a whisper. I was about to turn around but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him.
 
“Nope its not alright that I’ve waited this long to do this again.” He says before pressing our lips together with as much passion as he could muster. I instinctively hooked my arms around his neck and kissed back I felt his smile against my lips, which made my stomach do mini summersaults. He walked us backward until I felt the back of my legs hit the bed where I fell back onto the sheets with a small giggle which Craig took as a chance to slip his tongue into my mouth.
 
“Well that was certainty easier to get you to open your mouth than last time,” Craig smirks his hand sliding down the left side of my body to the top of my butt.
 
“God Craig, way to kill the mood.” I reply my smirk finding its way onto my face.
 
“Shut your mouth, just be mine.” He says before burring his face in my neck nibbling down on the skin until he found my weak spot.
 
“Mmm yes.” I groaned; he bit down harder for a few seconds before pulling away with a chuckle.
 
“Is that ‘mmm yes’ to being mine? Or because you like me kissing your neck like that?”  
 
“Yes to both knob head, now you shut your mouth and kiss me.” He didn’t object and captured my lips with his again. I could tell from there that I wouldn’t be sleeping early that night as things became more heated.