Deadly Weapons

Chapter 18: On the Attack

Chapter 18: On the Attack
Lexi’s POV:
 
“Hey Ash, can I have the car keys?” I asked him from the doorway of the living room.
 
He fumbled around in his pockets for a second before tossing them to me. “What are you doing?”
 
“I think I left some clothes in the car.” He nodded and went back to talking to Jacky. I grabbed a hoodie that was left on the stairs before heading out to the car, it was now a lot colder and a hell of a lot darker than before so I didn’t want to be out here for too long. I ran to the car unlocking it in the process and checked the back seat to see if I could see them, I moved various bags that the guys had left in the car out of the way but I couldn’t see them.
 
“Where the fuck are they?” I muttered angrily to myself, all I wanted to do was cuddle up with Craig with a hot drink and listen to the guys ramble on in the comedic way that they do about various things that piss them off but no, instead I was out in the freezing cold searching for my fucking pajama bottoms.
 
“Well isn’t this a nice view?” I jumped at the sudden voice, my heart stopped for a few seconds and my blood ran cold. Before I could do or say anything arms wound themselves around my waist and yanked me out of the car, no amount of thrashing and squirming that I did loosened the grip on my waist.
 
“If I were you I’d stop your squirming.” More figures emerged from the shadows, revealing themselves. I stopped when I recognized who they were.  “Hello Lexi.”
 
Third Persons POV:
 
It was all hands on deck, as they got ready to head up to the woods. No one rested as everyone prepared themselves for a long night, Chris and Ricky loaded stuff that Natasha and Max carried out to them into the car while Ronnie called up some connections he knew upstate that would be helping the quintet out. Now that Cody had vanished they were one man down and that left Ronnie fuming, not just because Cody had betrayed them but also because it left them with less man power than the half bloods had.
 
“Any word from Cody?” Chris whispers to Natasha and Max as they hand him the last few things Ronnie demanded to be taken with them.
 
Natasha shakes her head.
 
“Nope but I bet I know where he’s gone.” Max replies.
 
“Where?” Ricky asks.
 
“Up to Andy’s cabin! He is one of them after all.”
 
Ronnie slamming the front door to their shared house shut caused the four of them to shut up and turn their heads to the advancing figure, “Well don’t just stand there, get in were wasting time.”
 
“So are we just leaving without Cody?” Natasha asks with a frown, Ronnie slams the open car door shut before turning sharply on his heel, which takes Natasha, by surprise.
 
“I don’t ever want to hear his name being mentioned again, now get in the car we’re wasting time.” She doesn’t say another word as she gets in the car not wanting to anger the elder more than he already was. The journey was spent in an uncomfortable silence, with Natasha, Ricky and Chris cooped up in the back seats exchanging awkward glances every now and again between one another and Max in shotgun glaring out of the window at the scenery zooming past them.
 
A quick stop to where the connections that Ronnie knew lived and the group was off again. Ryan was a familiar face to the group but the other two, Jinxx and Monte were quickly introduced to everyone, the introductions were cut short as the time they had to carry out the task in hand was slowly slipping away with every second they wasted getting to know one another.
 
Ryan, Monte and Jinxx followed Ronnie in a separate car behind, Ronnie had no GPS telling him which way to go, his senses were practically pulling him in the right direction, he didn’t need a damn computer telling him what direction to go in; his senses had never been wrong before and they sure as hell weren’t going to fuck him over now.
 
A good hour of uncomfortable car journey later Ronnie stopped the car and signaled for Ryan to pull over and join them to go over one final time how the night was going to play out. With Natasha and Jinxx keeping watch around the back of the lodge incase any of them were cowardly enough to escape through the back and the rest of them backing Ronnie up at the front the group headed up the trail with a fresh lease of confidence.