Deadly Weapons

Chapter 2: Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches

Chapter 2: Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches

The final bell of the day rang and I couldn’t get out of class quick enough, god I hated it here! I felt so awkward around everyone especially Ashley who at every chance he got would stare and smirk at me. I could tell Craig didn’t like me much; we were put next to each other in science and music and he never spoke to me once, not that it bothered me and Jacky was practically a mute. The only two people that really bothered to make an effort to speak and get to know me were TJ and Andy who both spent the whole of our lunch break attempting to get to know me and telling me about themselves and the other guys.

Once I got in the house I dumped my bag by the door and called out to my mom but I didn’t get a response back. I walked through to the kitchen and saw a note stuck to the fridge.
‘had to go to work, it was an emergency. Heat up the rest of the food from last night for dinner and ill try and make it back asap –mom x’ I sighed and placed the note back on the fridge, looks like I'm spending the night alone again.

I connected my phone to my blue tooth speaker and stuck my music on shuffle before I pulled out a couple of revision books from my bag and I made a start on the homework I’d been given that day. I’d barley completed the first page of my science exam practice sheet when I heard a knock at the door, I sighed and made my way to the door where the person knocked it again.

“Alright hold on!” I yelled in response as I fumbled with my keys trying to find the right one to unlock the door. Once I’d found it I unlocked the door and saw TJ standing on the porch.

“The fuck was you doing in there?” He asked barging past me and heading into the house, I guess he was coming in then. “Actually don’t answer that.” He added turning to face me with a small, sly grin on his face.

“What do you want TJ?” I sighed leading the way through to the living room where my music was still playing to itself.

“Well hello to you too! I got bored at home so I wanted some company.” He shrugged as he fell backward onto the chair behind him sticking his feet up on the coffee table I looked at him in disbelief he noticed I was looking at him and he gave me a grin, I noticed that his eyes were a lighter shade of brown that they were when I last saw him.

“Yup make yourself feel at home.” I muttered resuming my place on the couch.

“Where are your mom and dad or brothers and sisters?” He asked looking around the house in search of any sign of other family members.

“It’s just me and my mom but she works a lot.” He nodded. “What about you, surely you have siblings to annoy?”

“Nope.” He smirked. “Just me, my mom and dad who I barley get to see because of work.” I nodded. “So how’d you like it here?” He asked.

“Yeah um… its nice.”

His smirk grew bigger. “You’re really shit at lying Lexi. I know how you feel I’ve only been at the school for a year and a half and I hated it when I first joined but the guys will warm up to you eventually.” He shrugged.

“Not so sure about that, Ashley has some weird obsession with me, Jacky hasn’t breathed a word to me, and Craig? Don’t even get me started on him!” TJ chuckled at my response. “Seriously Andy and you seem to be the only two that actually like me.”

“Ashley is like that with any girl he’s attracted to, you get used to it. Jacky is shy anyway, I haven’t really spoken to him a whole lot since I’ve been here apparently something happened with his family in England so he was moved over here to live with his Aunt and Uncle and Craig is a good dude at heart he just has a hard time letting people in after what’s happened to him recently.”

I raised my eyebrow at him. “Why what’s happened?” I asked.

TJ sighed. “Let’s just say that some people who we thought were our friends have really stabbed us in the back and its caused Craig to question who he lets into his circle.”

“But that still doesn’t mean that he can blank me whenever I try to make conversation with him.” I frowned.

“Don’t worry, you seem like a pretty open chick, he’ll soon see that you’re not a total bitch and he’ll loosen up you just got to give him time.” I sighed, I wasn’t a very patient person and I knew that there was something big that TJ was hiding from me but I didn’t want to press him any further about it. “You got any food in this place, I haven’t eaten in forever.” I rolled my eyes and showed him to the kitchen where he made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

“Sorry about it being the processed crap, my mom usually makes her own jelly and it makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches you’ve ever tasted.”

“You have to invite me around once she’s made some so I can taste this wonderful jelly.” He smirked after taking another mouthful of his sandwich.

“Something tells me that you’re not going to wait to be invited around, you’ll just arrive whenever.” I said whilst putting away the tub of peanut butter jelly.

“You got that right.” He chuckled. Once I’d cleared up, we resumed our seats in the living room and talked about anything and everything, I was really having a good time with TJ that was until his phone burst to life.

“Sup dude.” He said, I couldn’t hear who it was on the other end or what they were saying but whatever it was that the other person was saying to TJ made his face drop and cause him to look frantically at the clock. “Shit! Dude I'm so sorry!... No seriously dude I lost track of time… Yes I know all of that shit you don’t need to tell me!.. I’m not out anywhere I’m home… yeah, yeah I'm coming now.” He muttered before hanging up on whomever it was that he was talking to. He stood up and zipped up his hoodie and grabbed one of the crappy reality TV magazines that my mom read on the coffee table and a pen and began to write something on it.
“Sorry have to go, here’s my number text me later or something.” He muttered before rushing into the hallway to grab his shoes. I frowned at his sudden change in attitude and followed him.

“Err bye then, do I not get a hug or anything?” I asked. He whirled around to face me a small growl erupted from his throat and I saw that his eyes were back to that very dark brown/black colour that they were this morning, he quickly pulled me in for a brief hug before muttering a quiet ‘bye’ before rushing out of the door. I watched as he quickly walked down the sidewalk in the opposite direction of his house, which confused me even more.

Where the hell was he going?
___________________________________________________________________________________
Currently listening too: PVRIS: Holy  www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfrFT_3G...
Like, Comment and follow me for more updates :)