Deadly Weapons

Chapter 20: No Mercy

Cody’s POV:

They took no mercy; I fought hard to keep Chris from getting the upper hand against me because I knew for certain if I let that happen I was dead. However I somehow found myself being pinned to the floor under his weight, all my limbs pinned under all of his. I struggled to keep his jaws away from me and I felt my arms begin to buckle under his weight

“You’re so weak Cody!” He chuckled; I huffed and groaned under his weight as he applied more force to get me to buckle. I wasn’t going to let this happen, not like this. I used every last ounce of strength I had in me to break my leg free I brought it up as far as my body would let it and thrust my knee into him.

He coughed and spluttered for a few seconds but them few seconds of distraction were just enough for me to wriggle free and slide from under him. As I did so, I managed to knee him in the face making him roll on the floor clutching his face in pain.

I jumped up and glanced down at him, “Now look at who’s the pathetic one.” I muttered before bringing my foot down on his head as hard as I could. Blood oozed out in a puddle around his head and I breathed a sigh of relief. It was short lived however, a loud crash from the living room made me jump out of my skin. I rushed to the room to see TJ slumped against the wall with Ryan quickly advancing.

I grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be a baseball bat, and charged at Ryan. I knocked into him sending him crashing to the floor and with one quick swing of the bat I smacked him around the head with enough force to keep him knocked out for a good few minutes. I collapsed to the floor in front of TJ who was struggling to keep his eyes open. I caught my breath and focused on keeping TJ awake.

For the first few minutes he was pretty unresponsive and I knew we didn’t have long before Ryan or Ricky regained consciousness so I quickly dragged him through into the kitchen “Thanks for saving me dude.” He muttered groggily as I sat him on a chair, I quickly poured him a glass of water and handed it to him urging him to drink it as quick as he could as I heard the commotion from outside getting louder and louder.

“No need to thank me; lets head outside and see what the fuck is going on out there.” I replied keeping alert for any sound of Ricky or Ryan waking up. This was one hell of a fight.

Andy’s POV:

After I saw Chris go down thanks to Cody, all doubts I had about him were now gone; I knew he was fighting for us and he wasn’t going to go back to he true bloods any time soon. Ash and I were fighting against Danny, which was proving to be harder than first thought, even with the two of us he was still a tough cookie to break down.

“Get the knife,” Ash hissed in my ear as Monte began to throw insults at us, I dodged his swinging fist which hit Ashley instead, I didn’t look back at him knowing the more time I wasted the more likely it would be that we’d loose this fight, I made a b-line to the tabletop where the knife that Ash had pointed out to me sat waiting to be used. Before Monte had the time to get another hit at Ash and tackled him to the ground with a thud before plunging the knife into his shoulder. He howled out in pain and reached up with his uninjured arm to try and grab me I jumped up and stepped out of the way before he had the chance to get a strong grip on me.

“You guys alright?” Cody asked from the door, we whirled round and nodded, I noticed that TJ was mostly relying on Cody to hold himself up but he was up and still alive which was something good. “Follow us then, Craig needs all the help he can get.” Neither of us questioned him and followed the two of them out the back door before Monte could jump us again.