Deadly Weapons

Chapter 21: Trick up our sleeve

Chapter 21: Trick Up Our Sleeve
Lexi’s POV:

Craig let go of me for a few seconds to grab what looked like a piece of wood off the side “Take this and run back to the lake, don’t come back till one of us comes to get you.” It was then that I noticed it was one of the wooden steaks that Andy’s grandparents must use on the fire.

“But-“

“Just do it, don’t argue with me.” I went to open my mouth to argue but a loud crashing sound from the other room changed my mind about wanting to stay. With regret, I rushed for the door and quickly swung it open not before turning back to Craig and saying.

“I love you Craig.”

“I love you too, now go!” He exclaimed, I yelped Craig’s name as I saw Ronnie dive at him from behind winding his arms around his neck in a chokehold.

“GO!” He shouted struggling against Ronnie. I did as was told and ran out of the backdoor and didn’t look back at the lodge. Head to the lake, those instructions ran through my head as I ran down the pathway that leads into the woods. Everything looked completely different now that it was dark I could barley see my hand in front of my face but from what I could remember from earlier, there was no obstacles in the way so I didn’t have to worry about tripping over.

Various different thoughts raced through my head as I ran, what was going on back at the cabin? Were the guys okay? How many true bloods were actually there? I stopped suddenly; I didn’t see Natasha back at the cabin with any of them. She seemed pretty close to Ronnie and the rest of them so I doubt that she would have been left behind and I knew for a fact that Ronnie wasn’t stupid enough to not have anyone around all exits to keep everyone in one place. But if she was here lurking in the back, why had I got this far without her noticing me? Lets be real I wasn’t running quietly so she could spot me out easily, plus she was a fucking vampire.

I glanced around me but it didn’t do me any good, I couldn’t see a thing. I walked forward a few more steps before I heard a twig snap from my right. I whirled around to the direction where I had heard it and strained my ears so I could hear any other sounds, I reached into my pocket and made sure that the wooden steak that Craig had handed to me was still there, luckily for me it hadn’t fallen out as I was running, I kept a firm grip on it as I continued to listen out for any more sounds.

“Natasha, I know you're here somewhere so if your plan is to sneak up on me it’s not going to work.” I called out into the darkness I waited a few seconds to see if I would get a response but nothing came back to me. “Seriously you bitch just show yourself! You're not gonna scare me!” I turned back around to continue walking but came face to face with Natasha herself.

“Should’ve carried on walking hun, you're trapped now.” She smirked, I creased my brow and turned around and saw another person stood a few feet away from me his eyes were piercing blue much like Andy’s, he was about the same size as me so he didn’t intimidate me too much but his cold stare made me feel on edge.
“Shall we take a walk Lexi?” She asked grabbing my arms and forcing me to walk forward following behind blue eyes. I kept a tight grip on the wood as we walked I just had to find the right time to use it, we ended up lurking in the entrance of the woods watching as the fight between the true bloods and half bloods intensified.

The guys were in pretty bad shape and not surprisingly either, the fight looked brutal. I noticed Craig instantly and cringed as I watched his body smack against the floor with a thud, Ronnie was quickly advancing on him but he didn’t seem to notice, I went to call out to him but Natasha clamped her hand over my mouth.

“Don’t worry, you're precious little boyfriend wont be harmed just yet.” She snarled in my ear, I growled in response that caused a dark chuckle from Natasha.
“Shall we go Jinxx?” She asked blue eyes- or Jinxx.

He nodded, “Ronnie we got her,” He called out before he began to walk forward Natasha pushed me forward again so that I was following behind Jinxx. The fights stopped, you could literally hear a pin drop as the half bloods watched me being pushed forward. Ronnie stood up from his spot on Craig’s chest and looked at me with evil in his eyes.

“You know, your really have to stop running away you must have learned by now that we’ll always catch up with you.”

“And I think you guys need to learn that we’ll always have a trick up our sleeve!” I elbowed Natasha with enough force for her to loose her tight grip on me before dodging out of her grasp and in one quick motion I whipped out the steak from my pocket and plunged it into her chest. She staggered backward a few steps before dropping to her knees and finally collapsing to the ground, her blank eyes stared up at me and for the first time since I knew her the hatred in her eyes were gone.