Deadly Weapons

Chapter 3: Lost Track Of Time

Chapter 3: Lost Track Of Time
TJ’s POV
 
I hate this! I was actually having a good fucking time for once and yet again its ruined by this stupid curse. I didn’t bother sticking in my earbuds because Craig’s house was a short walk from Lexi’s, plus I didn’t like the thought of not hearing what was going on around me while I was walking down the street at 10 at night.
 
I soon arrived at Craig’s and I instantly knew I was in the shit from him. The guys were sat on the front porch steps waiting for me to arrive and none of them looked to please.
 
“The fuck have you been?” Craig hissed as I walked down the path to where they were sat.
 
“Like I said on the phone, I lost track of time and I’m sorry.” I muttered in response not looking him in the eye.
 
“Lost track of time my arse.” I heard Ashley mutter under his breath which made me growl.
 
“Yeah well the main thing is he’s here now so lets go before we waste anymore time.” Craig said before lightly brushing past me and leading the way out of his drive.
 
Lexi’s POV
The next day
 
My alarm clock burst to life early the next morning, I groaned as I rolled over and fumbled about trying to switch the annoying sound off. I heard shuffling coming from downstairs meaning that mom was already up. I pulled myself out of bed and grabbed the first shirt and pair of jeans that I saw from the pile of clean clothes that my mom had left for me to put away on my desk chair that would probably still be there in about a weeks time.
 
Once I was washed and dressed I made my way downstairs where mom was rushing about in the kitchen putting food in my lunch box.
 
“Hey sweetie, sleep well?” She asked after she noticed I was there, I nodded still feeling pretty tired as I rummaged through the cupboards in search of my favorite breakfast bars. “I’ve got one out on the counter for you honey.” She said, I looked over to the island counter in the middle of the room and saw the bar sat there in all its oaty goodness.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled, she returned my smile and continued packing my lunch and began asking questions about yesterday.
 
“So did you meet any new people?” She asked sliding the box down to me so I could stuff it in my bag.
 
“Yeah.” I told her not really elaborating on who they were.
 
“Ooo, what are their names then?” She asked.
 
“Only two people mom don’t get too excited, Andy and TJ.” I told her smiling at her reaction.
 
“TJ? One of my new co-workers has a son your age called TJ, said they moved here about a year and a bit ago.”
 
“That’s his mom.” I told her she smiled and made some sort of noise, which resulted in me throwing her a questioning look.
 
“I’m just glad that you’re making friends sweetheart.” She says to me before the doorbell interrupts us. She rushes to answer it and comes through a minute later with TJ following behind her. 
 
“Good morning Mr. Bell.” I smirked as he sat next to me.
 
“Good morning to you Miss Parks.” He smiled bringing his arm around my shoulder pulling me into a sideways hug.
 
“Do you want anything to eat TJ?” My mom asked sitting at the opposite end of the counter mug of coffee in her hand.
 
He shook his head. “No I’m okay, thank you though.”
 
“Well you two should be setting off otherwise you’ll be late.” She said to us, I grabbed my bag from the floor and slung it over my shoulder. “I’m working late tonight by the way so I’ll leave you some money on the counter so you can order food.” She added.
 
“Okay mom, love you.” I called through to her.
 
“Love you too sweetie, have a good day!” I didn’t respond as I followed TJ out of the house and down the street. I still hadn’t got my head round why he mysteriously left last night but it seemed to piss him off whatever it was so I didn’t question him about it today.
 
“Remember what I said yesterday, don’t go ape at Craig for acting hostile to you once he sees what your like he’ll love you.” TJ told me as we walked through the gates together and to the same spot that I was guided to the day before.
 
“Alright.” He smiled at me and walked over first bro-hugging the guys I stood awkwardly again on my own watching the guys talk, hell even Jacky joined in the conversation and cracked a few jokes with the guys. 
______________________________________________________________________________________
Currently listening to: Set It Off- Bleak December (Acoustic)  www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCdqjeFT...
Like, Comment and Follow me for more updates :)