Deadly Weapons

Chapter 4: Who's Natasha

Chapter 4: Who’s Natasha?
 
Throughout the next few weeks I managed to talk to the guys and I got to know them pretty well; except for Craig who still chose to be hostile toward me. TJ was right though they were nice people, however they did seem a bit defensive at first but throughout the course of the few weeks they managed to warm up to me. I had settled in pretty well and I could tell my mom was a lot happier now that we were away from my dad, although I missed him like hell I knew it was the best thing for everyone and I’d be seeing him soon enough.
 
I was sat in Science class that I had two straight hours of that day, waiting for my teacher to actually bother showing up. I was busy doodling with my head resting on the desk when I felt someone standing over me; I glanced up from my page and saw a very pretty girl around my age stood there, I’d seen her around school and every time I was with the guys they all tensed up and in turn she shot us dirty looks- her skin was ivory and her eyes were piercing blue and rimmed with dark, smoky makeup. I felt as if she was staring right into my soul with them, which unnerved me to high heaven. 
 
“Er hi?” It came out more like a question rather than a statement. Her painted dark crimson lips formed into a small smile- but the unnerved feeling didn’t go away- it got worse. Her ebony hair was curled and fell in loose ringlets all the way down to her hips that she put her hands on.
 
“You're Thomas's friend aren’t you?” She stated tilting her head to the side causing me to frown slightly.
 
“Yeah, why does it matter to you?” I asked shifting in my seat under her intense gaze.
 
“Someone has an attitude.” She replied smugly shifting her weight from one foot to the other. “Nobody likes a girl with an attitude like yours.”
 
“Back of Natasha.” I heard Craig growl from beside me which made me jump out of my skin and place my hand over my now heavily rising and falling chest.
 
“Now, now Craig no need to get all protective I was only trying to have a civilized conversation with Alexia here.”
 
“Just. Piss. Off.” He spat, I heard what sounded like a hiss come from ‘Natasha’ which made me jump back, this seemed to amuse her because she let out a dark chuckle before walking off to her seat.
“Don’t you ever speak to her again, she’s nothing but trouble causing slut.” Craig warned after I had calmed down.
 
“Not nice Craig.” I heard her call from across the room, how could’ve she heard that above all the noise? Craig shot her daggers and she turned around in her chair.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked. “And how the hell did she know my name?!”
 
Craig sighed irritated. “It doesn’t matter just don’t fucking talk to her.” He mumbled before the door slammed shut causing the class to quite down as out teacher finally entered the room. 
 
Throughout the two hour period I kept catching Natasha glance around to me, each time I caught her stare she threw me a dangerous smirk which made my skin crawl. Craig didn’t speak to me for the rest of the two hours that was nothing unusual for me I was used to it. Once the bell for the end of the lesson rang our teacher dismissed us and everyone quickly rushed out of the room to break. I was stuffing my books in my bag as quick as I could, as I was anxious that Craig was stood over me waiting for me.
 
“You can go you know, I know my way around now.” I muttered as I slung my bag over my shoulder.
 
He looked around to see if anyone was listening which they weren’t, “Not now that certain people know about you.” He muttered.
 
“What you mean that creepy bitch Natalie or Natasha?” I asked with an amused smirk as we walked out of the room. “All she can do is stare me down like that scares me.”
 
“All I can do is stare you down huh?” I heard a voice from behind us. Craig muttered something under his breath probably a cuss word and turned around, I followed suit and I was indeed faced with Natasha who had her arms crossed over her chest and a dangerous glare in her eyes. 
“Not nice to call people names.” She hissed walking slowly toward us.
 
“Its not calling you a name if it’s true, now just leave us the fuck alone.” Craig growled.
 
She let out a shrill laugh, “Oh so you think I'm a slut?” She asked before grabbing him and roughly throwing him against the wall with a thud and kept him pinned there by pressing her body against his, I growled and narrowed my eyes at the back of her head as she got right in his face. “I can show you how much of a slut I can be.” I saw her hand travelling down his chest toward his nether regions- a twang of strong emotions hit me like a tone of bricks in the gut, something snapped in me- that was it.
 
“Alright! Enough is enough!” I yelled grabbing a fistful of her hair and roughly yanking it back which caused her to let out a shriek. I managed to grab ahold of one of her flailing arms, which gave me the upper hand. I yanked her hair back again moved back which made her to loose balance and fall to the floor. I knelt next to her and punched her as hard as I could square in the nose, she cried out as blood began to trickle out of her nostrils. 

“Next time we tell you to piss off you will, okay?” I asked her as I stood up brushing myself off. She quickly scrambled up and began to back away from me with her right hand covering her bloodied nose while her left pointed at me.
 
“I’ll make you fucking pay for this you bitch!” She screeched before taking off down the corridor. I watched her for a few seconds before I looked over at Craig who was staring at me in awe.
 
“You okay?” I asked him picking up his bag off the floor.
 
He nodded but his expression changed to one of dread, “You shouldn’t have done that!” He groaned.
 
“What?!” I asked in disbelief. “I get that bitch to leave us alone and that’s the thanks I get-”
 
“My god shut the hell up!” He exclaimed. “I’m sorry for being such a jerk to you okay? I just have a lot of shit going on in my head, and I feel like I need to keep you safe for some reason and now that you’ve done that it’s put you in more danger. I just-“
 
“Craig!” I stopped him mid rant holding my hand up to silence him. “It’s fine, don’t worry. TJ told me about the people who backstabbed you, I know how you feel I’ve had it done to me more times than I can count I get that okay, but I promise you that I'm not going to stab you in the back or turn anyone against you or break up to group.”
 
“I know.” He replied a lot calmer than a few seconds ago. “I guess I just haven’t been able to accept it or understand why you kept trying with me, which is why I’ve acted the way I have to you. I’m not used to people acting so nice to me.”
 
I instantly felt sympathetic toward him and I did the only thing that registered and pulled him into a tight hug. It caught him off guard at first but he hugged me back.
 
“Thanks.” He smiled after we pulled away.
 
“Its okay, lets go anyway the guys will be wondering where we are.” He nodded and walked with me to the cafeteria. 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Currently listening to: Defame Me - New Years Day www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdUnpV7n...
Like, Comment and Follow me for more updates :)