Status: in progress

Blue Moon

Chapter 3

To Logan, Imogen’s voice was musical and as beautiful as the rest of her. It was sultry and hot all at the same time. She had the kind of voice that women who worked on phone sex lines could only wish they had. They’d spent the last hour discovering they were both genetically altered werewolves and Oni’s. They were even pretty sure that they’d been altered by the same people, though they couldn’t confirm it since neither of them seemed to know any of the same people. In fact, they didn’t even grow up on the same continent.
Logan lived in Sydney Australia his whole life while Imogen spent the majority of her childhood in Serbia and only came to Australia in the last month or so. As they talked, both of them realised they had some major holes in their memories. For example, Imogen knew she moved to Australia but for the life of her she couldn’t remember where or why. Still, they laughed merrily together as they listed off people they knew and tried to put the pieces together. So far, no names rang any bells for either of them.
“Monika Volkov” Imogen said merrily.
“no… Julius Maroni” Logan piped in
Imogen shook her head back and forth and said sweetly in return
“Milan Petrovic”
“Nope… How about Iona Vasile” chimed Logan
Imogen shook her head no the he watched as her face change from being content to being repulsed. What could I have done to repulse her? He thought. She couldn’t possibly know what he’d been thinking. Then again maybe she does since she is sitting on his lap she can probably feel his rock hard member poking through his pants. He felt her shift on his lap and he somehow just knew that she thinking about running away from him.
‘No’ his werewolf screamed.
‘We mustn’t let her get away. She is our promised mate. We need her. Without our promised mate, we will never be complete. We must be complete. Please we must make her accept us.’
Just as she was about to hop off his lap, Logan wrapped his arms securely around her midsection and gave her a little squeeze. He put on the best fake smile he could and prayed to god she decided to give him a chance. He knew deep inside that he needed Imogen to be complete and whatever it took he needed to get her to accept him.
“Hold on there a second Imogen, why are you in such a hurry to run off? What’s wrong? I thought we were having a nice time? I’m sorry if you can tell I’m a little worked up. But, we are promised mates and you are gorgeous. I can’t help feeling infatuated. Don’t be upset with me please. I mean, aren’t you feeling the same way? Don’t you think we should talk about this before you decide…”
His voice trailed off before the word reject me slipped out. He watched Imogen’s face go through a bunch of different emotions. Most of them confused the shit out of him. There was shock, pain, fear, and disgust.
‘Oh shit! She’s going to reject me. She’s not even going to give me a chance.’
He thought as a pain lanced its way through him. Then Imogen turned towards Logan and started to speak.
“Look uh...” she paused for just a second she got lost in her thoughts. It was like something connected then slipped away again. Logan noticed too and he even guessed that something triggered a memory but before he could ask, she shook her head and started again.
“Look, um Logan, I know you think we’re kind of the same but we’re not. This has been fun and all but I know what I am and I know how this is not going to work for us. Hell, even if I wanted to be with you my Ma..”
Imogen stopped herself from saying Master just in time. Maude always punished her when she told others that Maude insisted on Imogen calling her Master. She knew better than to make such a foolish mistake. It was already going to be bad enough. Maude would come when the sun set, and Imogen knew she needed to get as far away from Logan as possible. She had to make sure Maude never got anywhere near him. She owed it to him to keep him safe even if he did have to reject her. Imogen could survive Maude’s wrath but she would never expose Logan to such danger. With that in mind, she wet her lips and continued
“hmm Maude my adoptive mum would never let this slide. I get that were promised mates and all but this just isn’t going to work… so um.”
His ears started to ring, he felt his heart clench painfully in his chest. Then his werewolf starting whimpering in sorrow and anguish in his head. Imogen was trying to find a way to tell him that she needed to reject him. He knew it. He had to stop the words from coming out of her mouth. Once the words were said out loud they were hard to take back. He moved forward and pressed his lips against hers forcing her to stop speaking. Her body went rigid and she suddenly looked even more upset. He could tell her eyes were wet.
“Imogen, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have touched you. Please wait, don’t say it. Please! Don’t say it out loud. Give us time. Let us get to know each other before a decision like that is made. This involves both of us. We deserve a chance. Fate paired us together. Who the hell are we to tell the fates they are wrong?”
Logan’s voice didn’t sound right to his own ears. It was so soft and he knew he sounded weak begging her to give him a chance. He didn’t care that he sounded weak. He sure as hell didn’t care that he was an alpha. An alpha that was next in line to lead the largest werewolf pack in Australia. Neither of those things mattered. He knew without his promised mate by his side he would never be a good alpha. He needed Imogen to be complete. Without her, he was nothing. He watched a tear slide down her face and couldn’t stop from reaching out to wipe it off her face.
“Please Imogen, don’t cry. Give me a chance I promise I can make you happy. Just give me a little time to show you before you decide if you are going to reject me.”
Her body quivered and she started to cry. He reached out and pulled her into his chest. He wanted to hold her tight. He wanted to force her to stay with him if need be. He had to have her. He knew his life was useless and not worth living if he had to do it without her. He pressed her into him and breathed in her scent deeply. He ran his hand through her soft hair and down her back as he felt her shudder again.
‘Crap! Even the simplest of his touches repulse her.’ He thought
He took a deep breath and felt his own eye grow moist with tears. She was in pain because of him. He knew at that moment that he could never force her to stay with him. She needed to be happy even if he wasn’t. He moved to put some space between them. Then he looked into her eyes, prepared to tell her it was okay. She could do it if that’s what makes her happy. He was shocked by what he saw reflected back at him, then she confirmed it when she said in a voice filled with so much wonder and shock
“You don’t want to reject me?”
She barely finished getting the words out of her mouth when Logan burst out
“Hell no Imogen, I want to accept you as my promised mate."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the plan is to post a few chapters up here and see if people give me feedback etc. I'm looking for engagement. If I feel like their is interest, I will post the entire story. This is book 2 but book 1 is available FOR FREE on all the online booksites like Amazon, itunes, Barnes & Noble etc.
Thanks