Status: in progress

Blue Moon

Chapter 5

“I can’t move. I don’t know why but I can’t fucking move at all and it has been almost an hour since you went outside to talk to my mum. You know she’s a psycho! She’s going to teleport here in a few seconds and kill both of us. She’ll find me. She always finds me. There is no place in the world I can hide from her!”

What? Imogen was right. He thought, it had been almost an hour. But, she didn’t need to worry that Maude was coming for her. Maude was finished chasing after Imogen. Logan knew that now. In fact he remembered everything now. The call hadn’t been from Maude at all but from Adalyn, their Oni clan leader. It was strange but the moment Adalyn started talking all his memories from the past few weeks flooded back to him. Now, he would have to remind Imogen and she would reject him. He’d treated her terribly when he’d first met her. The moment her memories returned she would hate him.

He looked outside again ad say that the sun already beginning to set. Oh god I am such a dick head. Why did I ever listen to my da and pack mates to begin with? I should have claimed Imogen the moment I set eyes on her. She was perfect! But I let the others convince me that she wasn’t worthy of me. That as an Alpha I should be ashamed of being attached to her. See, most people realised right away that something was different with Imogen. It wasn’t because she was genetically altered. They all were. It also wasn’t because her adoptive mum Maude had strange religious rights and was borderline abusive and neglectful of Imogen ass a child. No it was more complicated.

Maude was chosen to raise her for a very specific reason. Imogen was born at the bottom of the wolf pack as an Omega and also the Anathema of the Oni clan. Every Oni clan has an Anathema. The outsider if you will. She was born with an internal beacon. When the clan becomes indentured servants, Imogen will be the Masters informant. She will police her clan for him and dole out his punishment when he demands it. She would be stronger, faster and more importantly ruthless when it came to enforcing their master’s orders. She will also be forced to locate any of them if they try to run or disobey their masters’ orders. She will be the clan’s whistle blower. The tattle tale. The hated clan member.

Being an Anathema would have made everyone avoid her, but being an Omega Anathema made her beyond disliked and unwelcome. It make her loathsome to the others. They would avoid her at all costs. Emotionally, to the clan and their inner wolves, she felt like the scourge of the earth. She could do nothing and everyone would want to keep their distance from her. That’s why Iona gave her to Maude raise her. Maude was the Anathema of their clan. She alone would be able to stand being around Imogen for a long period of time. Any other Oni or werewolf that tried to raise her would have hated Imogen and never known why. Well, not until she came into her powers anyway.

Iona knew from the start. She knew when she saw them together as infants that they were promised mates. She also knew what Imogen was. She was the one that explained it to Carey his adoptive da. Then Carey and the others that understood what Imogen was told him from a very young age that it would be best if he didn’t tie himself to her. Logan grew up knowing he would have to reject his promised mate. Then when the day came Logan did just as they asked. He’d feared that his connection to her would have made him just as loathsome. He couldn’t imagine not being the most popular person in their clan. He was always the most popular. He was an alpha and a natural leader. He had enough natural charisma that everyone instantly liked him. When he was released from being an indentured servant he was going to be the alpha of the largest Werewolf pack in Australia.

He could remember seeing her that first day like it had just happened. He walked into the room and she was the only one he saw. All his other clan members were there but he only had eyes for Imogen. His heart was pounding so hard, he stumbled and stopped moving. He stared at wishing Iona and his da were wrong.

It’s her, he thought. I am the promised mate of the Anathema and not just any Anathema an Omega to boot. Me, the most popular kid around and the future alpha of the largest pack in Australia is destined to be with one of the most repugnant people in the world. The fates really screwed up with this one.

Then he heard his inner wolf shouting NO. He knew there was no screw up. Imogen was meant to be his other half. She completed him. She was his mate. She was perfect and she was meant to be his. But he kept silent and averted his gaze from her. He let her know he was rejecting her without ever saying the words. Instead he focused on the others and immediately forced her out of his mind. He regretted than more than anything else in the world now. He knew, that he’d been a weak, stupid, foolish boy. He was born to love Imogen and she was born to love him. He sighed and forced himself back to the present. He took a deep breath and braced for Imogen’s reaction as he helped remind her of the truth as well.

“I am so fucking sorry Imogen. That was my fault. I used my alpha voice on you. I guess since you’re an Omega your wolf wouldn’t let you disobey me. I should have known better but since you’re the clan Anathema I guess I didn’t really think it would work on you. I mean after all, I don’t know how you can act as the master’s lackey if I can control you with my alpha voice. Doesn’t make sense. But um, you are free to move about the house and do whatever you would like. How about you and I go into the kitchen and make ourselves something to eat? Then I’ll tell you all about the call with Adalyn.”

Imogen looked up at Logan with a look of bewilderment. Then her head started shaking back and forth as confusion, fear and pain crossed her face.

“You have alpha blood? I’m an Omega and the Anathema? No wonder why everyone hates me? How do you know that? Wait… you said Adalyn…” Then her eyes got wider and her face changed to terror.

“Adalyn. The Wolfoni Clan. That’s why I moved to Australia. Adalyn, Dylan, Christine, Sebastian, Braxton and Sienna. Oh fuck Elizabeth! Oh my god! You rejected me. You knew we were promised mates. You knew just like me but you ignored me just like the others. You already rejected me!”
Imogen stood and before Logan could grab at her she ran like the devil himself was chasing after her out of the front door. He chased after her and realised that she was fast. Real fast. Faster than he was. He needed to change into his werewolf form if he am going to have any chance of catching her. He felt his clothes ripping as he leaped forward and materialised as a human and rematerialised as a werewolf in mid-air.