Status: in progress

Blue Moon

Chapter 9

Logan didn’t know but he knew, he just knew. Imogen needed him. He woke up suddenly and started running upstairs. Terror drove him. Somehow, his werewolf was convinced if they didn’t find her right away, they were going to lose her forever. Logan opened the bedroom door and rushed to the bed, but she was gone. He looked around the room for some sort of clue. Where could she go? Then he started berating himself. He’s an alpha werewolf and he should have heard something. Logan felt a slight breeze and he realised the window was not completely closed. He walked over to it and opened it wide.

Looking down, he spotted footprints on the earth below and jumped down. He immediately caught a whiff of her perfumed scent and started travelling in the direction it came from. His heart was beating out of his chest. His werewolf was agitated and was yelling at him to go faster. That's when Logan caught the smell of the others. Wendigo, humans and darachs! That was enough to put him into overdrive.

Fear and a sense of dread slammed into him. His heart began to clench painfully in his chest as it beat a double time rhythm. His werewolf pushed to the surface trying to break free from him. For some reason, his werewolf and was convinced that Imogen was in acute danger and that we were going to lose her. Logan closed in on Imogen’s scent and knew the Wendigo got to her before him. Still, Logan never even slowed down to dematerialize instead he rematerialised into his werewolf in mid-air. Then he flew through the woods like a blur. At one point, he was moving so fast he almost slammed into hit a tree.

He spotted her and the wendigo that was mere inches away from her. Imogen stood swaying back and forth with her eyes closed and he knew the darachs cast a spell on her. If Logan had been a moment longer, the Wendigo might have already started feasting on her flesh. Logan jumped in the air and landed directly in front of Imogen, snapping and snarling at the Wendigo. He would not let the get any closer to Imogen. He made sure to block her body so the Wendigo would be forced to fight him to the death to get a single finger on her. His fur stood on end, and Logan voluntarily took a step toward him snapping his teeth against him, growling loudly and possessive.

The wendigo seemed shocked to see Logan. Still, Logan could hear and smell that the darach and their human companions were closing in on the three of them. Logan could have taken on a single wendigo but a darach and a bunch of humans… Well maybe not. He probably would be that much of a threat to them. Still… He would go down fighting. Logan expected the wendigo to press his advantage and braced for impact. Wendigo were stronger than the average werewolf but Logan is an alpha. One on one he had a good chance of winning. One on many however was another story. Nonetheless, if he take out the wendigo fast enough, perhaps he could spirit her away before the darach and the others arrived. Well… maybe… but not likely he thought to himself.

It didn’t matter. He had to figure out how to protect Imogen. Logan was going to fight to his last breath and he would make sure it was a very bloody nasty fight. The wendigo would not soon forget him. They squared off and again Logan took a step forward. The Wendigo stood his ground and looked carefully back and forth between Imogen and Logan.

He growled and showed his full set of very pointy very dangerous rows of teeth. They reminded Logan of a shark and he knew from experience they were just as sharp and just as deadly. Then his head tilted to the side as he softly said
“Kauri?”
Then the wendigo breathed deeply through his nose. He blinked slowly and raised his eyebrows quizzically. His head shaking side to side. Then he did something Logan never expected. He raised his hands in a gesture of peace as he took several steps back.

"Not tonight werewolf. She’s all yours. I mistook her for my promised mate Kauri. Forgive me. “He said.

Then he moved like lightning away from them. Logan didn’t know who this Kauri was and he didn’t care. All he knew was he wasn’t going to have to fight the wendigo and the others to save Imogen. With the wendigo gone he let the breath out he didn’t even realised he’d been holding and turned to Imogen. She continued to sway back and forth as if she was hypnotised. Both of her eyes were closed, her lips were slightly parted as her body continued to sway gently in the breeze. His werewolf howled at her, and then rubbed both sides of his legs. Her only reaction was to moan and Logan was suddenly enveloped in her scent of desire.

With no other option, he rematerialised back to human and reached to pull her towards her. She was so sweet and soft in his arms, but she still didn’t open her eyes. Logan wondered what spell the darach would have used on her, and how long the spell would effect her? Logan took her in his arms and carried her back to the house. He carried straight to the bedroom and laid her on the bed. Then he got in beside her and pulled her tightly in my arms. She immediately fell into a deep, deep sleep. Logan laid there beside her unable to even close his eyes and rest as he waited for the sunrise and his my beautiful promised mate to come back to him.

Minutes became hours, time slowly passed, Logan started replaying the conversations that he had with his da, earlier in the night. His mum was confident that the rules to Logan’s Oni clan could and would be different then every Oni clan that came before them.

“You guys are something new. You are Oni but you are also werewolves. I’ve never believed that your lives would adhere to the rules. I honestly never thought you would be called into servitude. You were created with science not magic. Iona never told me that you kids were going to voluntarily go into servitude for Aladlyn’s mate. I would have taken you home with me and never left you there.
Tonight’s little adventure showed how dangerous that could be. Pack was important if we were to survive. Logan was going to have to hold off on fusing my spirit with Imogen’s until after Logan officially challenged the fucking bastard. Logan was sure that Logan was strong enough to win a fight against my da. Logan just was not sure Logan wanted the responsibility to lead the pack.

Logan could tell Imogen was still in a deep sleep so, Logan started making calls my first call was to Dylan. He’s my half-brother and will be my beta is when Logan become alpha. We shared a da but had different mothers. Next Logan called Christine he’s my other half-brother. Dylan and Christine are twins are just three months younger than me. Dylan is older than Christine by a few minutes. If they were born first our fucked up da would have married their mum instead of mine and one of them would be next to be alpha instead of me.

Then called in quick succession Logan called my best friends Hunter, Roscoe and Melvin. Every call Logan made was worse than the last. Everyone one of my so-called friends turned their backs on me and my Promised mate. Each had a different opinion, but everyone thought it would be better if Logan had rejected Imogen. They would first get excited and congratulate me on finding my Promised mate. Then, when they realised that it was Imogen, they got fucking nasty or shocked. Some were sad for me; some would be silent and afraid to say anything. Hunter was actually stupid enough to say bad things about Imogen.

Finally, the conversation would turn to what my da told me and my need to issue an alpha challenge. Everybody even Hunter knew Logan could easily beat my fucking da in a fight without problem. However, all of them even my own fucking flesh and blood brothers thought it was stupid. They all said Logan should just leave Imogen and come home.

In desperation, Logan called my mum. The only person in the world Logan thought would understand why Logan had to keep Imogen and fuse my spirit to hers. But just like everyone else my mum turned into an instant cunt and just fucking cried louder with every word Logan said. She kept weeping and saying Logan was better off without Imogen. She was fucking wrong. They were all fucking wrong. Logan was nothing without Imogen. Logan would never let her go. She would accept me, and we will fuse our spirits together. No one and fucking nothing will stop me.

Logan would return to my pack, but Imogen would be with me. Logan would issue the alpha challenge to my fucking son of a bitch da and Logan would fucking win. Then Logan would force my entire fucking pussy pack to accept Imogen as their Luna. There was no other fucking option. Logan just wanted a few days alone with Imogen before returning. Logan could only pray that she would understand when Logan explained it to her and agree to stay with me for a few days here before we returned. Besides, even though Logan couldn’t fuse our spirits tonight, there was still other ways to make her mine.