Sequel: Rising From the Grave

Swimming With the Fishes

and the reception complete

Emilia sat inside the stretch limousine, her three inch heels kicked off on the floor next to her as she fanned herself with her hand. There had never been a day in her life before this day that she had felt more beautiful about herself; everything had gone perfectly, down to the very last detail. If she had to complain about anything it would be the ache in her feet and calves from the long time she’d spent on them dancing and socializing, boasting about her new husband.

The reception had gone splendidly; the food served and the wine flowed heavily, the drunken antics of the wedding goers were entertaining and endearing to Emilia

“Ready to go, hunny?” Anthony asked as he said his final goodbyes to those who surrounded the left side of the limo and situated himself inside on the seat next to her. His black hair was tosseled, his tuxedo jacket was slung over his arm, his bow tie handing undone and the top of his dress shirt unbuttoned to reveal the masculine curve of his neck.

“Oh yes,” Emilia breathed, “I’m so tired. I could sleep for a year.”

Anthony chuckled, “I sure hope not. I have a lot planned for tonight.”

The bride couldn’t stop her grin as it spread from ear to ear as she asked curiously, “Like what?”

He just smiled at her handsomely, “Oh just a few things. You wouldn’t want me to ruin the surprise, would you?”

Emilia smiled happily at him, snuggling deeply into the cushioned bench seat as the poof of her gown pooled around her.