Sequel: Rising From the Grave

Swimming With the Fishes

they went away together

Emilia began to frown after an hour spent in the limo; her head beginning to fog up from the champagne that had been chilling in a bucket of ice for the newlyweds. “How much longer will it be?” She whined, “I want to get to the hotel and get my hands all over you!”

“Not too much longer,” Anthony assured her as he filled his champagne flute again, finishing off the rest of the bottle. Holding the glass in one hand he rested the other high on her thigh over her dress.

“Tony,” Emilia pleaded, “please just tell me where we’re going. I can’t wait anymore to find out.”

He chuckled, “You’ll just have to wait because I’m not ruining the surprise.”

Huffing, she crossed her arms over her chest and pouted, “You know I hate surprises.”

“You’ll like this one, I promise,” he assured as he finished the rest of his glass of champagne and set the glass aside, “You know, though, if wanting to get your hands all over me is the cause of your irritation we don’t have to wait until we get there.”

Emilia’s pout quickly turned into a grin as she scouted closer to her new husband, “That is so true!”

Image

When the limo came to a stop and Emilia had to put herself to rights; making sure the gown wasn’t off kilter and smoothing down her hair. Using her finger to swipe at her smudged lipstick, she couldn’t take the goofy smile off her face.

“We’re here?” she asked excitedly.

Tony nodded as he opened the door and stepped out, extending his hand out to Emilia as she exited the limo too and was showered in the bright moonlight. All around them was a vast stretch of wilderness, so dark she couldn’t see beyond the tree line.

Directly in front of them was a large, cabin the lights in side cheerily welcoming them.

“Oh Anthony…” She breathed in wonder at the picturesque sight.

“I figured this was a better alternative than the Hilton; you liked it so much last time we were here,” he told her as he rested a hand against the small of her back, leading her towards the cabin.