Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

I

“Fuck you!” Frank yelled at his, now ex, guitar tech. After catching Andy stealing from the band for the third time (not to mention the countless screw-ups during their last tour), Frank was done. The kid needed to go.

The only problem?

His band was going on tour in three weeks, and he’d need to find someone else to fill the role. Fast. There’s a reason I was keeping him around, Frank thought to himself as he was walking to his favorite coffee shop twenty minutes later. Now I have to actually go out and find somebody.

He sighed to himself as he walked in and went to stand in line. That little bit of extra effort to find a decent guitar tech in this shit-for-all town was the only reason he had kept Andy on for so long. The trick was finding somebody that was there for the music, not the glory that they could potentially receive being attached to Frank’s band, My Chemical Romance. Not that My Chem was huge, huge. But they had been featured on tv a few times now, and were about to join some very well advertised and somewhat prestigious tours.

Well, maybe not prestigious, Frank thought, but, still. Moral of the story? Going on the Taste of Chaos tour followed by Warped Tour followed by a stint with The Alkaline Trio could only spell good things for My Chemical Romance.

That is...if Frank can get himself a new and remotely decent guitar tech in the next three weeks that can not only properly tune a guitar and act professionally (not to mention not steal from his band), but also get along well enough with him and the rest of his band.

“Fuck,” Frank muttered to himself again, earning a dirty look from the older couple in front of him in the line. Realizing he’d said that aloud, he gave them an apologetic look before chastising himself. Nice, Frank. Real smooth. He thought to himself with an eye roll.

Andy seemed really cool at first, especially when it was just Frank around. But as time went on and he met like the rest of the band, Andy seemed less than great. The kid could work a guitar, that’s for sure. It was just his personality. Just…him.

Frank watched the older couple order their drinks as he thought about how the band agreed to keep Andy on just because he knew his stuff even though none of them seemed overly keen on him. Even Mikey told Frank that something was up with his tech.

Mikey.

And Mikey was cool with almost everybody he met. Almost.

“I don’t know, man. He just seems…off,” Mikey had said to Frank after the first week of their last tour. Frank had, of course, known he was right. And it wasn’t even just Mikey saying it; a lot of people were warning Frank about his tech, but, what choice did he have? It’s not like Frank could have dropped his tech midway through their tour!

“Next!” The cashier called. Stepping forward, Frank ordered his coffee, still mulling over his dilemma.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here's a little fanfic for you all. I decided to write this because I was starved for a good story involving the guys that wasn't about a socially struggling girl that has an eating disorder and is suicidal and has a terrible family life at home who meets the guys in high school and yada yada yada. (No offense to those stories, but they're literally, like, the only MCR (non Killjoy) fics you can find these days.)
Sooo....I hope you guys take a fancy to this fic, here. A new twist on the scene, I hope :)