Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

XV

“Nah, man. I was just being a dick,” Frank explained smugly to Becks, standing next to her and sipping his coffee while she poured hers. “We’ve still got an hour to the venue!” Becks snapped her head to look at him, incredulous. She was about to open her mouth and hurl insults at him for waking her and Mikey-but more specifically, her up, but Mikey beat her to it.

“We what.” His voice rang out behind her, sounding deadly. Becks froze at the sound but saw Frank’s smirk spread to a full smile and heard Gerard laugh from his seat in the front couch, the both of them clearly amused. Not for long, she figured, now that they’ve got her and a murderous Mikey Way set to kill them, both hungover as hell.

“Yeah, we’re not at the venue yet,” Frank repeated, shrugging. “You coulda slept another hour, at least!” And he ran to Gerard’s side who was laughing hard at this point, almost doubled over in his seat. “A shame, too. You two looked real cozy together.”

“And you had a hand in this?” Becks ignored the heat in her cheeks, asking the singer bluntly, rooted where she stood, her coffee in hand.

“Oh,” Gerard said when he’d calmed down enough to speak, “of course! And looking at you two right now, so worth it.” He high-fived Frank and then they both fell into another giggle fit.

Becks assumed that she and Mikey must have been a sight to see, her standing there, untouched coffee in hand and him right behind her, her shoulder near pressed against his chest, the both of them looking sleep-mussed, confused, barely awake, and clearly, clearly hungover.

She could practically feel Mikey growl in annoyance.

“I’m gonna kill him.” He repeated his words from the back room lowly. Becks wasn’t quite sure if he was talking about his brother or Frank, but he sounded genuine enough for her to feel the need to intervene…for the band’s sake.

She turned enough to look at him and shook her head minutely. “Coffee first,” she said, and when he narrowed his eyes at her trying to decide if he should agree or not, she handed him her untouched mug and motioned towards the table. Mikey gave a small sigh and a barely perceptible nod, then headed to sit.

When he was sat down sleepily at the table and she was sure he wasn’t about to go on a murder spree, Becks reached in the cupboard for another mug and poured herself another cup of coffee before joining Mikey at the table, sitting across from him.

She closed her eyes as she took her first sip, enjoying the warming sensation and bitter taste. When she opened her eyes again, she saw Mikey with his cheek on the table, eyes closed, and long fingers wrapped around his half empty cup. She would have giggled at the image of him and the way his glasses were knocked askew from the way he was laying if her head didn’t feel like it would explode. As she took another sip, Frank seated himself next to her.

“So how you feeling?” He asked in a sing-song voice. Becks’ eyebrows shot up and she looked at him incredulously while Mikey’s eyes snapped open.

“You’re a ballsy fool, Iero,” Becks told him, watching carefully as Mikey took his head off the table and glared daggers at Frank.

She wasn’t positive, but she was pretty sure that the small guitar player was about two words from meeting his doom at the hands of the younger Way. On that note, when she noticed Frank looking at Mikey with a smirk and opening his mouth to make, no doubt, some sort of smart comment, Becks jumped in to try and change the topic.

“Frank,” she said suddenly, curtly, grabbing both their attention.

“Hm?” His smugness dissipating as he tore his eyes away from Mikey and looked at Becks.

“Um, my head’s killing me,” she looked at him pleadingly-or, as pleadingly as she could manage with how rough she felt, “could you grab me some painkillers?”

Frank just stared at her for a moment, weighing whether he would rather abandon his chance to pick on Mikey some more to help his tech out or let her suffer while he continued to annoy the piss out of the bass player, but it took all of two seconds of looking into her eyes for his decision to be made.

“Yeah,” he said, edging out of his seat, giving her a small smile. “I’ll be right back.” And like that, he was gone from the front room.

“You’re a fucking mind-mage.” Mikey said, watching her with a comical mix of shock, hesitance, and reverence.

“It’s the eyes,” Gerard grunted from the couch across from them, not even looking up from what he was drawing. Mikey just hummed and nodded his head lightly, taking another sip of coffee.

“Yeah,” he mumbled his agreement.

“What?” Becks asked her eyes narrowed as she looked between the two, not entirely sure what they were on about.

Gerard chuckled a little and shook his head. “Nothing,” he said, putting away his drawing stuff and coming over to them, leaning over the back of Mikey’s bench.

“Hey, Gee,” Mikey turned a little to look at his brother over his shoulder. “Do you, uh,” he glanced at Becks then back to his brother, “do you know what all went down last night?”

“Mmmm, yeah.” Becks added, playing with her mug on the table, watching the singer expectantly through tired eyes.

“Well,” Gerard said with a theatrical air, “the two of you,” he pointed at them each, “got wasted together before the show.”

“Yeah, we remember that.” Mikey said in a tone that said ‘no duh’, side-eyeing at Becks who was nodding along with his words.

“Ohhh,” Gerard drawled out dramatically. “You mean, you guys,” he pointed at each of them, an expression of fake shock on his face. “You guys wanna know how you ended up waking up all on top of each other this morning?” Becks almost choked on the sip of coffee she was taking and Mikey just rolled his eyes.

“No shit, dumbass.”

“Well, dumbass,” Gerard leaned down and said it into Mikey’s ear before easing back into his relaxed position of leaning over the bench, “the whole story is pretty much that you guys were super drunk and mad cuddly last night and must’ve fallen asleep like that.” He shrugged in a blasé manner.

“What?” Becks squeaked out, her eyes meeting Mikey’s. She could practically feel her blush starting.

“Yeah,” Gerard said, standing up yawning, stretching wide as he did so. “And it all started when little Mikes, here,” he ruffled his brother’s already messed up hair earning a silent glare, “pulled you on his lap during the movie. Cute, huh?” And with that, he left the front room, Becks watching him in mild shock as he went.

“Oh my God.” She heard Mikey say, drawing her attention back to him. She let out a small, sympathetic smile when she saw his face was buried in his hands. “I can be such a handsy drunk sometimes,” he moaned, his voice coming out muffled. “I am so sorry.”

Becks gave a small chuckle that got Mikey to slowly drop his hands from his face. “Dude, it’s cool,” she laughed. “I mean, takes two to tango, right?” She gave a placating smirk and shrug and slouched in her seat so she could reach her legs under the table to lay her feet on his bench next to him.

Mikey stared at her with his usual emotionless expression, his face completely neutral save for the pink tinge to his cheeks that Becks told herself only had to do with the hot coffee he’d been drinking.

Then, after a minute of a slow-blinking stare down, he nodded his head a little and gave her a twitch of a smile. “Yeah,” he said quietly, taking a large sip of his coffee and sliding down in his own seat, comfortable. “Cool.”

Becks was just contemplating laying her head back against the back of her seat and shutting her eyes when Frank slid back onto the bench next to her.

“I, uh,” he said as he held his hand out to her, open and palm up, “I didn’t know how many you’d want, so I grabbed five?” Becks looked down at the pills in his hand, then back to his face, giving him a grateful smile.

“You’re a life saver, Frank,” she said, taking all the medicine from him. She looked over at Mikey and raised an eyebrow in question. He nodded, throwing up two fingers and she reached across the table, sharing with him before throwing her head back and taking the three left dry.

“Ew. How do you do that without a drink?” Frank asked her, grimacing.

She just shrugged. “Never bothered me,” she said, leaning her head against his shoulder.

“You’re a freak,” he smiled, messing with her hair lightly. Becks just hummed and let her eyes slip shut, comfortable, tired, and hoping to hell her hangover would start easing away soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sassy Gee is sassy! haha

No work today, so an update for you all--which seems to be the way I'm doing it.

Anyways, lemme know your thoughts and I hope you enjoyed :)