Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

XXVII

“I’m right behind you,” Becks called after Frank who was headed out of the room after their meeting with Brian and Gerard was finished. She sighed for a second, already getting exhausted by his energy, then looked at Brian and Gerard. “He’s excited.” She stated plainly. She was, too. She couldn’t wait for this second stint of touring…she just hoped she could keep up with Frank.

“Yeah, you’d better go catch him, though. When he’s excited, that’s all he can think about,” Gerard laughed. She nodded, standing up and walking out the door herself. “Good luck!” She heard him call out to her, making her smile.

When she left the room, she took a sharp turn left down the hallway and bumped straight into a solid mass of a person who let out a grunt at the impact but quickly wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her with her back into their chest to keep her from falling. “Ooh, I’m so sorry,” she said, looking down at her feet as she processed what was going on and that she actually wasn’t going to end up on the floor.

This time.

“Hey, Becks,” the person chuckled.

“Mikey!” She smiled wide to herself, recognizing his voice immediately and realizing it was him she’d knocked into. She immediately turned in his grip and engulfed him in a hug, shoving her face into a very familiar Anthrax t-shirt. “I’m so sorry about that, it’s just, Frank was really excited and I was trying to keep up, and-“

“Becks,” he chuckled again, cutting her ramble off, “it’s fine. You don’t always have to explain yourself, especially not to me.” She sighed contentedly and released her grip on him, leaning back and looking up into his face for the first time.

And then, she froze.

His face. No glasses. She knew that he’d gotten eye surgery over the break, but…she really wasn’t ready for the results. His eyes, his…eyes. Shit. She couldn’t stop staring at him and he just looked back down at her, his expression that of happiness and slight bemusement. She just-she just couldn’t stop staring, she’d never seen his eyes like this before and…whoa, wait…wasn’t that….

“Hey,” she said softly, involuntarily reaching up a hand to cup his cheek, keeping his face still so she could inspect further. Mikey stilled completely under her touch, staring down at her, not knowing what to do, a light blush starting to tint his cheeks that he prayed she wouldn’t notice. “You-you’ve got partial heterochromia,” she said reverently, in an almost whisper.

He furrowed his brow in confusion. “I have…what?” He whispered back, unsure of what to do and having no idea what she was talking about.

“Your eye,” she gestured to his right eye, the pointed at one of her own to show him. “It’s got that strip of brown. Heterochromia.”

“I…is that a bad thing?” He asked her. Of course, he knew about how his eye was different (though, maybe, he never really knew that its oddity actually had a name). He was fine with it now, but it used to be a fairly large point of insecurity for him when he was younger. He was really just curious what her opinion was even though, if he were being honest with himself, he was a little nervous that she would think it was weird or unattractive or…something.

Maybe he should have stuck with his glasses…

But she just kept smiling up at him, hand still on his cheek, still studying his eyes. “It’s so cool!” She said excitedly. “It’s, it’s…” her face softened, her thumb now lightly stroking his cheekbone. It was almost like she was in a trance and Mikey’s whole body was buzzing with their proximity and the touching and her hand on his face.

Beautiful,” she finally breathed out.

Mikey’s brain was screaming at him to say something, anything, but it was like his body shut down. He could barely bring himself to breathe, in spite of how quickly his heart was racing. His arm was still around her waist, her thumb was still stroking his cheek, and they were so close that he could feel her soft breath on his face and neck as she continued to just stare at his eyes. Slowly, his free arm joined his other in wrapping itself around her waist, pulling her even closer, so that they were almost flush against each other. “I, uh…” was all he was managing to say at the moment and oh, shit, was she getting closer to him?

Becks could hardly believe how bold she was being at the moment as she moved her face closer to Mikey’s. If there were only a handful of things she knew about herself, it was that she never was comfortable touching other people without them giving the okay, she was never too great with prolonged eye contact, and she only drank her coffee black. Yet, here she was, her hand on Mikey’s face, leaning in closer to get a better look at his eyes. She just…she wasn’t in control. It’s like she was on autopilot. And she just couldn’t get enough of him without his glasses. His eyes. They were just fucking gorgeous and she just couldn’t get enough. How had she not noticed until he ditched the glasses?

And then, all of a sudden, she realized just how close they were. She was practically pressed up against him, his arms holding her there, and their faces. Their faces were so close and their lips. Since the moment she’d met him, she’d always thought his lips were one of his best features. But, then, what about him wasn’t a best feature? She had yet to find something that didn’t fit that description. Looking back up to his eyes from his mouth, she came to her senses and found her heart racing.

Mikey,” she exhaled. It was barely there, but at the same time, it felt to her like it was all there.

He just stared right back at her, one of his arms twitching to pull her closer. He began to lean in just a little bit more….

“Becks!” A voice yelled out close by, bringing Mikey and Becks back to reality, both of them pulling away and blushing as Mikey finally let go of her.

“Frank?” Becks managed to squeak out. When he just stared at her from around the corner with a quirked eyebrow, she realized. “Oh, uh…I just,” she stuttered, “I’m coming!” It seemed to work and he disappeared again. Becks went to follow, but turned back around to look at Mikey again when she’d gone a couple feet. “Hey…Mikey?” She asked shyly. He looked up from his shoes to meet her eyes again. She studied his new face again for a moment. “You look good.” And with that, she gave him a warm grin then disappeared around the corner, following after Frank.

Mikey just stared at the space where he’d last seen her before he heard Gerard’s voice speaking to him. “So what the hell was that, then?” He asked him.

Mikey just shook his head, whether to ignore his brother’s question or to try and understand better what had just happened and what had almost just happened between him and Becks, he wasn’t sure. “I, uh,” he cleared his throat then gave Gerard a steady look. “Nothing. Whaddya need?”
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS! This chapter here (albeit a little short, my apologies) is my FAVE CHAPTER so far! I wrote this a few months ago and have been just dying to share it with you! Let me know your thoughts??!!!?!

@Versavulture, I didn't mean to make Brian seem like an angry guy, but I'm just trying to imagine how stressed and frustratable I'd be if I had to be in charge of this group of guys 24/7. hahah.

Lemme know your thoughts, guys! Hope you've enjoyed :)