Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

XXXII

About two weeks later, after the day was over and the busses were on the road again, Frank and Becks found themselves hanging out and drinking in the back, a movie on in the background, as everybody else went to their bunks to sleep or chilled in the front part of the bus.

“No, Frank, noooooo!” Becks laughed drunkenly as Frank finally succeeded in shoving her off the couch.

“Mine now, sucka!” He shouted at her as he wrapped himself up in her blanket. She pouted for a second before licking her hand and rubbing it on his face, earning a cry of shock and dismay from the small guitar player. “You dick!” he cried as she just laughed and backed away on her hands and knees before he could smack her.

“It’s what you get, ya douche!” She said, still laughing, creeping towards the door.

“Where ya goin’?” He asked, wiping her spit off his face with disgust. She yawned.

“Bed, man. I’m tired. Ciao.” And with that, she threw up the peace sign and crawled out of the lounge and shut the door.

---

Mikey was lying in his bunk, watching a movie on the small screen that came down from the ceiling, when his curtain was pulled open, revealing a sleepy and smiley Becks.

“Hey,” he greeted her. And then she was crawling into his bunk with him. “Uh, hi,” he laughed at her behavior, a bit confused, but not complaining in the least.

“Hi, Mikey” she said, sidling up against him and resting a hand and her head on his chest.

“Whatcha doing?” He asked her, adjusting so his arm wasn’t caught under her body, but instead wrapped around her waist.

She nuzzled her cheek into his chest. “’mm drunk ‘n tired, ‘n Frank took m’ blanket,” she mumbled, still snuggling into him, finding him extremely comfortable in her drunken state.

“Oh, he did?” He played along, knowing that she and Frank had been drinking and hanging in the back lounge the past few hours.

She nodded on his chest. “-stole m’blanket ‘n pushed me off the couch. So I came here,” she added, like it was the most obvious decision in the world.

“I see,” Mikey said softly, the movie he was watching completely forgotten; all of his attention was on her. “Is it better here?” He earned a noise of approval and another nod.

“Yeah. You’re warm ‘n comfy.” She said. He absentmindedly started rubbing his hand up and down her back lightly, earning him a long hum of approval.

“That feel good?” He asked with a chuckle, ceaselessly amused by the girl all cuddled up to him.

She just sighed out a quiet, “yeah. ‘m gonna stay with you, ‘kay?”

Mikey smiled a warm smile even though she couldn’t see. “Okay,” he said quietly.

They fell silent for a few minutes after that, her head on his chest and him just holding her, drawing light circles on her back while he watched her eyelids flutter as she tried to stay awake with him for as long as she could.

“G’night, Mikeyway,” she slurred out quietly when she just couldn’t keep her eyes open anymore.

“G’night, Chelsea Beck,” he replied quietly, relishing the fact that she’d only ever told him her real name and, after a second’s hesitation, he leaned forward, kissing the top of her head softly, brushing back her hair. “Sleep tight,” he whispered, knowing his words landed deaf ears.

With her curled up on him, breathing steadily, it didn’t take Mikey long to fall asleep after her.

---

Mikey woke the next morning to a lot of noise outside his bunk and an unfamiliar sense of warmth and peace to him.

“Wake them up.”

“No, you wake them up!” Mikey could make out the whisper-yelling voices of Frank and Gerard arguing outside his bunk.

Opening his eyes, he looked down at the still sleeping Becks laying with her head on his chest and hand tucked in the crook of his neck. God, she looked so peaceful.

“No fucking way, dude, she’s your tech.”

“He’s your fucking brother,” Mikey heard Gerard sigh, knowing that was Gee’s sign of resigning himself to losing, and heard who he could only assume was Frank walk off to join the rest of the morning chaos.

When his curtain was pulled back slowly and as quietly as possible, he took his eyes off the sleeping girl in his arms and looked at his brother who was nervously peering in at him.

“Oh! You’re up,” Gerard said quietly, his face instantly relaxing. Mikey internally smiled; he knew that the guys hated waking him up because he had a tendency of being less than kind in the mornings before his coffee-he’d even punched Ray, once.

“Hey, Gee,” Mikey whispered back.

“Um, we’re at the venue,” Gerard explained, looking at Becks then at his brother, “can you, uh,” he gestured at the girl, “they need her in twenty, can you get her up?”

“Yeah, just gimme a minute, ‘kay? Just woke up.” Mikey responded, his voice a little gravely.

“Yeah, yeah, dude.” Gerard said, looking relieved and standing up, closing the curtain, walking away.

Mikey closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, sighing it out slowly, before lifting his head a little to look back down at Becks. The last thing he wanted to do was to wake her up and start their day, but he knew it had to be done. He started playing with her hair, smoothing it back from her face, watching her stir just a little bit. “Becks,” he whispered to her. She screwed her eyes shut tighter and tried to burrow into his chest further, letting out sleepy little groans and whimpers the whole time. Mikey smiled fondly. “Becks,” he whispered just a little bit louder, rubbing her back now, too.

“Mmmkey,” she mumbled his name into his shirt as she started to gain consciousness.

“We’ve gotta get going, we’re here” he explained softly to her.

“Nooo,” she groaned, then finally opened up her eyes, lifting her head just a little so she could look up at him.

Shit.

His appearance alone was enough to wake her up and get her blood running. His hair was sticking up in a few different directions and he looked sleepy but happy and man, she could definitely get used to waking up like this.

“Hi,” he greeted once her eyes met his, a lazy smile gracing his face.

“Hi,” she whispered back to him, blushing as she suddenly remembered how she ended up in Mikey’s bunk and feeling terminally embarrassed at her drunken self’s decision to sleep in his bunk with him.

“How ya feeling?” He asked sweetly, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

She thought for a moment, “not as hungover as I could be, but we’ll see,” she gave him a small goofy sort of smile, scrunching up her nose a little.

“They need you out there,” he said, sympathetically frowning.

At this, she buried her face in his chest again and whined out a “noooo.”

He chuckled. “You’ve gotta.”

She shook her head. “I don’t wanna,” she mumbled, clutching his shirt lightly with her hand.

Mikey dropped his head back to his pillow, letting them fall into a peaceful silence again for a moment, his hand still rubbing softly up and down her back. Frankly, he wanted to stay here in his cramped bunk all day with her, but duty was calling, and they’d both get in a lot of trouble, her especially, if they didn’t get moving.

“Beccckkkss,” he tried again. He felt her huff out a sigh.

“I’m not going anywhere if your hand keeps doing that,” she stated.

He laughed, but kept rubbing her back. “Doing what?” He playfully asked her, still rubbing her back.

“I think you know, Mr. Way,” she said accusingly. He smirked.

“Feels good?”

“Like heaven.” She groaned into his shirt, earning a chuckle. “Can’t we just stay here?” She asked. At her question and her inclusion of the word ‘we’, Mikey felt his heart skip a beat, but he forced his hand to finally stop its comforting ministrations. Taking that as her answer, she sighed then looked back up at him. “Okay, you win.” She crawled out of the bunk. “See ya later, MikeyWay,” and with that, she went off to get dressed and do her job.

Mikey just stretched out a little and looking up at the ceiling, reflecting for a minute on having just shared his bunk with Becks before getting out of it himself and stumbling to the front of the bus where he was praying there was still some coffee left for him, thanking the universe when there was. He was pouring himself a cup when his brother showed up at his side.

“You know, you should really just ask her out,” he said matter-o-factly, leaning coolly against the counter with his arms crossed. Mikey sighed and took a sip of his drink.

“I just,” he took another sip of the scalding liquid, wincing as it burned so nicely down his throat. “I’m waiting, alright?” He looked at his brother.

“For what?” He scoffed. “You guys are both totally into each other.”

Mikey rolled his eyes. “I don’t know if she’s into me like that, dude.”

“Mikey,” Gerard said, catching Mikey’s eyes. “She just crawled into your bunk drunk last night to cuddle with you,” he deadpanned, “she’s into you.” When he was met by Mikey’s stone-faced stare, he sighed. “Just sayin’, bro,” and then he left, leaving Mikey to his own thoughts, all of which revolved around the bright-eyed and talented guitar tech that he was finding himself more and more grateful to Frank for bringing into their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Saturday!

What do you guys think???

Lemme know, this one's one of my personal faves! haha

:)