Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

XXXXII

“God,” Mikey breathed out, laying his head back against the wall, “I’ve wanted to do that for fucking ages.” He both heard and felt Becks chuckle in response from where she was curled up into him with her head on his chest and arms wrapped lightly around his thin waist.

“Oh yeah?” She asked, nuzzling her cheek in a little.

“Yeah.” Mikey tilted his head back and looked at the ceiling, one hand coming up to lazily play with Becks’ hair. They fell into a comfortable silence for a moment, just enjoying each other’s company and being close together and the strong wave of emotions and endorphins they were both sharing.

“Since when?”

“Hmm,” Mikey hummed in thought, twirling a lock of her hair. “Since I met you, I guess.” He gave a tiny shrug and Becks sat up a little, causing Mikey to freeze.

“Really?” She asked, searching his face with wide eyes.

“Well…yeah, pretty much.” He shrugged again and furled his brow a little, surprised that she seemed so surprised. “Since you walked in our kitchen and told that shitty joke about eating pavement.” As he chuckled at the memory, Becks let out a cry of offense, somehow managing to not fall into him as she picked up the hand she was leaning on to place over her heart.

“It was not a shitty joke!” She cried and Mikey laughed even harder.

“Sure, whatever you say,” he jested, squinting in amusement at the genuine look of shock on her face.

“Hey! You laughed!” The hand that was over her heart was now jabbing at his ribs in an accusing manner.

“Yeah,” Mikey said in a loud sigh, calming himself down a little. “Yeah, I guess I did.”

He took a breath and exhaled through his nose, bringing a hand up to cover Becks’ that was now laid against his chest. Her demeanor instantly switched from amused and flirty to alert and quiet as her eyes flew to their hands before flicking up to his eyes.

“What about me?” He asked shyly, looking at her hopefully. When Becks just looked at him with a blank expression, he back-tracked. “I mean…. You, we… you wanted to kiss me, right?” He asked, flustered and feeling heat flood his cheeks. Becks’ eyes went wide.

“O-oh, yeah!” She stuttered, nodding. “Yeah, no…that was great,” she assured him, giving him a cheesy grin that only grew wider as she watched the panic dissipate from him but his blush remained.

“Good,” he smiled back at her. “So…when did you, uh…realize, I guess?” Becks’ brow furrowed as she thought about it.

“I’m not sure….” She said quietly after a moment, trailing off and narrowing her eyes. His gaze felt like fire burning into her, but she couldn’t bring herself to look away. “It’s…weird….”

Mikey tilted his head to the side a little, confused and curious. “Weird?” He prompted.

“Yeah…” she said slowly, nodding. “Like, I didn’t…” Becks tore her gaze from his and stared down at their hands, both seeing and feeling as his thumb traced circles on the back of hers. “I don’t remember…it just…kinda happened, I guess?” She looked up at him hesitantly, questioningly. “Like…we were friends, but you were different for me, I guess.” It was her turn to shrug. “And then when you got your surgery….” Her gaze drifted to his eye with heterochromia and she knew she was blushing. “You know,” her voice dropped a little and she leaned in a little. Mikey was still and watching every movement she was making carefully. “You’re a real good lookin’ guy, Mikeyway.”

She may have mumbled it, but there was definite confidence and playfulness to her tone and Mikey picked up on it in an instant, smiling and dropping her hair finally to lightly cup her chin and pull her in just those few inches more for a kiss.

Becks let out a small hum of pleasure before pulling away and nestling herself back down and into Mikey’s chest. He chuckled softly and wrapped his arms tightly around her and shutting his eyes, letting wave after wave of happiness wash over him as everything that was happening finally started to really sink in.

“You know,” Becks said quietly, breaking Mikey from his thoughts, “I think Tom from MxPx was trying to ask me out the other day.”

She felt Mikey tense immediately at her words and smiled, shaking her head against his chest.

“Did he?” Mikey asked, his voice coming out a little strained.

“Yeah, but…” Becks paused and let the memory wash over her for a moment. “Mince and Barry pretty much told him I was off limits.” She shrugged as nonchalantly as she could from where she was trapped in Mikey’s embrace.

“Oh?” His voice was still tight and Becks could tell he was trying really hard to play it cool.

“Yep. They called me ‘Mikey’s girl.’”

Mikey’s grip slackened and Becks sat up to look at him again, a little shy and nervous. Mikey’s face was blank and he was staring unseeing at the floor. Then, slowly, his lips started twitching up into a smile and his body relaxed. Shifting his gaze from the floor to her eyes, he asked, “and?”

Becks drew back a little farther away from him, her face screwing up a bit in confusion, causing Mikey’s smile to grow from a subtle lip twitch to a full-blown, nose scrunching and fond sort of smile.

“Do you wanna be my girl?” He asked finally, relieving her of her confusion. Becks blinked. “I mean, assuming, I’m the Mikey they’re talking about.” He gestured toward himself with his chest then narrowed his eyes. “You’re not seeing any other Mikey’s behind my back, are you?”

Finally, Becks got the point, underneath all of his jest-filled muttering and sarcasm and rolled her eyes, smiling at him.

“I’ve actually got a whole ton of Mikey’s lined up, wanting my love and affection.”

Mikey scoffed and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Is that so?” He asked in a very smart-alec tone. Becks nodded enthusiastically.

“Oh, yeah,” she said. “I’m pretty popular with them, you know.”

“Well,” he pulled her just a little bit closer. “That’s just such a shame.” He pulled at her again so now she was essentially in his lap. “I was really hoping,” one last twitch of his arms and she was flush against him and their faces were mere inches apart, “that I was the one you were wanting.”

“Hmm,” Becks hummed, ignoring her blush at being so close to him and trying to play it cool and unconcerned. “That’s really such a shame,” she said quietly, looking him dead in the eye and then cocking her head to the side a little. “What would I get for dating you?”

Mikey took in her playful tone of voice and gave her the barest of grins. “Well, there would be the bragging rights, for one,” he said, pulling a cocky sort of face. Becks bit back her snort and quirked an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah?” She asked, squinting in faux disbelief.

“Ohhh, yeah,” Mikey drawled, closing his eyes and nodding before opening them up again and glancing at her lips. “I’m kind of a big deal.”

“Why. Because you’re in some emo band?” Becks’ words and fake tone of innocence had his eyes snapping up to hers.

“No.” He looked at her hard for a second and it was like both of them were holding their breath. Then, finally, Mikey let out a small exhale of amusement through his nose. “Because I’m Mikey Fuckin’ Way, that’s why.”

And with that, he pulled her in again and planted a firm kiss on her lips, earning a small squeal of surprise. As Becks’ kissed him back with just as much intent, she wrapped her arms around his neck and held him tight, one hand pulling at his hair a little. They both lost complete sense of time, but when they finally pulled away, they were both out of breath.

Becks looked at him in wonder, all pretense of flirtation and humor evaporated completely, and he stared back at her like he’d been wandering through the desert without water and she was an oasis.

“Yeah,” Becks breathed, still staring openly at him, breathing hard.

“Yeah?” Mikey asked hopefully.

Becks nodded. “Yeah, I wanna be Mikey Fuckin’ Way’s girl.” She said then pulled him in close for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry I'm getting this up for you guys late! I've been having computer problems and didn't have a chance to update this morning. But here it is!

Lemme know your thoughts, yeah? I hope you're all enjoying :)