Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

XXXXIV

“Hey, Becks,” Brian called after her as she headed for the door of the bus. She stopped and looked at him.

“’Sup, Brian?”

Brian had just rounded everybody up to tell them about a meeting they were all going to be having the next morning regarding to the end of Warped Tour and the beginning of a few weeks with Alkaline Trio. It was still a bit early and everybody was a bit foggy, all stumbling out once the manager had said his piece.

“Hey, I just wanted to say that,” he dropped his voice a little and gave her a very genuine sort of look, “I’m really happy you and Mikey are finally together. Well…” he breathed a laugh, “I think everybody is, but….” He paused and itched at the back of his neck for a moment, clearly trying to choose his words.

“Well, normally, I guess,” he started slowly, looking at Becks. “I’d have to lecture you guys about keeping it clean and stuff jus-just in case of a nasty breakup or something that would wreck the team. No, I’m not saying that I expect you guys to break up!” He said fervently when Becks’ eyebrows raised just the slightest. “I’ve just seen that sorta shit ruin a band on tour.”

“Oh-kay…” Becks nodded, trying not to let her tiny grin show through. She’d actually been expecting this chat for the last few days, and wasn’t the least freaked out or upset by Brian’s words.

“It’s just,” Brian gave a sigh. “Don’t break his heart, okay? Mikey, he, uh….” Brian fidgeted a little where he was standing before leveling Becks with a look. “The guy cares for you. A lot. Okay?”

“You got it, Brian.” Becks said consolingly, giving him a small pat on his arm.

“Thanks,” the manager said, looking a lot more at ease. “Anyways, I hear food might be Mexican today.” He didn’t even try to bite back the bark of laughter that erupted from him at the way Becks’ face lit up at those words. She muttered a low, hissing “yesssssss” and turned to head towards the door again, pausing at the threshold.

“Hey, Brian?” She asked, grabbing his attention.

“Yeah?”

Becks paused and considered him fondly for a moment before smiling. “Thanks for not giving me a lecture.”

And with that, she gave him a cheeky smile and pushed her way out the door, leaving the manager grinning and shaking his head in amusement.

---

The second Becks had shut the bus door behind her, somebody grabbed her and started dragging her down the small alley between busses, causing her to give a small shriek of surprise. She twisted around in her captor’s arms, but couldn’t figure out who had her.

“You know this is called kidnapping,” she said in monotone and both felt and heard the person laugh at her words.

“I think you’re a little too old for it to be called kidnapping.” They replied and Becks felt her face split in a smile, recognizing the voice immediately.

“Aren’t you older than me?” She retorted, a flirt in her voice.

She heard him scoff and then she was being set gingerly on the ground and lightly shoved with her back against the back of the bus, Mikey immediately standing right in front of her, his bodyweight pinning her in place. Becks looked up at him mischievously and was about to make another comment when Mikey caught her lips in a kiss. Deciding that she was more than okay with this, Becks let out a hum and wrapped her arms up and around his shoulders as he continued to more or less assault her mouth.

As suddenly as he started it, Mikey ended the kiss, pulling away slightly and leaning his forehead against hers, the both of them breathing fairly heavily. Becks slowly opened her eyes and looked up into Mikey’s gaze, feeling a little giddy and hazy in the aftermath of Mikey’s unexpected passion.

“Hi,” she breathed out, finding herself lost in his gaze as always.
“Hi,” he replied, staring her down like she was the only thing in the world. The way he was looking at her…Becks couldn’t quite figure out how it made her feel, but there was an explosion of emotion going on in her chest and she felt like if she remained there like that, she just might die.

“Anybody watching?” She asked, catching her boyfriend off guard. He blinked then leaned away from her, taking a quick look around the area before his eyes found hers again.

“No, why-“

But Becks was pulling him in for another kiss, unable to keep the grin off her face.

---

Half an hour after My Chem had performed their show that day and had showered off the sweat and rock and roll grime, and they were all sat in the front lounge of the bus, watching Brian as he spoke. Becks found herself wedged on the couch that comfortably fit three people, but was currently hosting herself, Bob, Ray, and Mikey.

Mikey had his head on her shoulder and, even though his damp hair was getting her shirt all wet, she couldn’t bring herself to care in the slightest. The pair were holding hands, as Mikey had intertwined their fingers the second he sat down, and Becks was still feeling the heat of a blush in her cheeks even though they’d been sat there like that for ten minutes now.

“So,” Brian said, jerking Becks’ attention back to him as it had drifted to just how warm Mikey was and how good he smelled after his quick shower. She looked up from her lap and watched Brian closely, knowing that, after he’d just spent the last while complimenting everybody on a tour well done, the real news important information would be coming out soon. “As you all know, tour will be up in two days and then we’re heading off with Alkaline Trio.” There were some vague nods of heads and murmurs of “yeah” and “right” around the room. “I’ve already spoken with the crew, so they know what’s going on-”

Becks almost snorted, finding it highly amusing how she was, for the most part, considered part of the band more so than crew. Whether it was because of how close she was with the guys, or just because she was living on their bus, she had no clue, but she sure did find it funny.

“- but pretty much, we’re gonna be packing up after you guys get off stage in two days then head straight out to Colombus to meet up with the Alkaline crew.” He paused and surveyed the group watching him, pleased to find that, for a nice change of pace, he actually seemed to have everybody’s attention. “This tour is only gonna be about a month and a half,” he scanned his clipboard to double check on that little bit of information and nodded to himself, “and then you’re all off the hook for the rest of the year!”

Oh.” Thought Becks. The tours were almost over. Just one more to go, and it was the shortest one to go. She sat there, staring blankly at Brian as he continued to jabber on about this and that for the next stint, but she wasn’t hearing a word he was saying. She felt weird…kind of numb on the inside and like her head was stuffed up with cotton balls, the only thought processing through her head being, “It’s almost over.”

What was she going to do? Go back to her old job? Surely she’d still hang around with the guys, right? Frank had said he didn’t know what life would be like without her. And she got along so well with all the others.

And Mikey.

She was fucking dating the guy. Of course he’d still want to date her once all the touring was done. Right?

Almost as if he could read her thoughts, she felt Mikey give her hand a light squeeze, pulling her immediately out of her panicked thoughts. She glanced down at their connected hands, then up at her boyfriend, meeting his gaze as he lifted his head off her shoulder. He gave her a tiny twitch of a smile, and it was like all the fear she had about her future was washed away like footprints on a beach. She stared at him for a moment, almost searching for answers in his face, and didn’t come up with any. Instead, she felt a strong sense of peace envelop her and she realized that, if Mikey was by her side, she could take on the future.

“Yo,” Frank’s voice broke Becks free of her trance and she blinked, looking over to Frank who had somehow moved so he was standing right in front of her. Slightly taken aback that he’d moved, Becks glanced around the room quickly to see that everybody was starting to mill about and realized that the meeting must be over.

“Uh, yes, Frank?” She asked clearing her throat.

“I said,” he shook his head which gave Becks a strong feeling that she’d been totally oblivious to him even talking to her, “Let’s go get food.”

It took a solid ten seconds for that to sink in before Becks realized two things. One: she was starving and how the hell had she not acknowledge that before? And two: she remembered what Brian had said about it being Mexican today.

That last bit had her launching off the couch and grabbing Frank’s hand, pulling him excitedly towards the door where she stopped and looked back at Mikey, who was watching her with amusement.

“Briansaidit’sMexicanfoodtoday.” She said in a rush before turning back and shoving the door open.

Frank chuckled, hot on her heels. “I see you only pay attention to the truly important things Brian says.” He said with jest.

Becks had no reply to that and just gave a sheepish shrug and a smile, all anxious thoughts of the future completely forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have a good weekend, everybody! Hope you enjoyed :)